Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - cold proper on the way?

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please keep this thread solely to discussing the model output. The model banter thread is available for more loosely model related chat, ramps and moans.

Posted

Ec again the model to take most note of .......doesn’t mean it’s always right cos it isn’t. It can have a bad run pre day 5/6 like all of them but unless you have ecm on board, never count your chickens ......no easterly. Similarly, I would always want Ukmo day 5 on my side. Question is, how short can this Azores ridge blip be ???

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
1 minute ago, Mike Poole said:

Yes T120 confirms this ship has sailed

image.thumb.jpg.3ada72dc17c7e1a8756a3016f7578591.jpg

We would have been jumping for joy last year. 

We still have low heights that’s a good thing 

• Like 2

Posted

We are cursed on these isles honestly, all major models in agreement with amazing charts, Icon/Navgen/BOM go for dirge and we always seem to end up with the worst possible outcome, very very frustrating. 

16EF5839-DC98-4FD1-B0DE-0CE5902D9930.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

A definate step back this afternoon..

Lets hope its just models still in confuse of decipher of the large scale params!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

UKMO 144. Unfortunately it has followed the ECM.

988931FD-862E-4B5E-B757-0B8B7FC69571.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

ps, the UKMO also has gone. Well done on the ICON as well, first saw the change and the others have really followed its lead.

I disagree. The ICON has flipped since yesterday. All it tells us is that it was a finely balanced situation. All the models showed it at one point or another.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
1 minute ago, Winter Hill said:

We would have been jumping for joy last year. 

We still have low heights that’s a good thing 

Absolutely, the next ship due in a few days!!

Posted
Just now, bluearmy said:

Ec again the model to take most note of .......doesn’t mean it’s always right cos it isn’t. It can have a bad run pre day 5/6 like all of them but unless you have ecm on board, never count your chickens ......no easterly. Similarly, I would always want Ukmo day 5 on my side. Question is, how short can this Azores ridge blip be ???

If its going to fail then wqe may as well kick the ridge to the east as fast as possible and get back into a more mobile flow which could help us develop into another cold attempt. Wonder where the GFS goes later on and whether it builds a decent HLB again deeper into the run.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

It’s not a blip it’s a change with the high to our north not coming south enough 

few weeks to go again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
3 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Yes T120 confirms this ship has sailed

image.thumb.jpg.3ada72dc17c7e1a8756a3016f7578591.jpg

But in this set up ships will be like buses, another will be along soon

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Pretty much game set and match on the ukmo!!and also we shall be looking at another week.or so of winter eaten away and thats of anything wintry actually shows up!!

Just because the BFTE isn't happening doesn't mean it won't snow per Tuesday event and next week 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, WhiteFox said:

I disagree. The ICON has flipped since yesterday. All it tells us is that it was a finely balanced situation. All the models showed it at one point or another.

Still gotta give it credit, it saw the flip first, and not the first time it has picked up such shifts in our neck of the woods either, good or bad...

ECM also has done well with spotting this earlier than the rest as well sadly. Hopefully the upstream pattern doesn't mess us up for too long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, danm said:

UKMO 144. Unfortunately it has followed the ECM.

988931FD-862E-4B5E-B757-0B8B7FC69571.png

What strikes me about that is how well-structured the vortex appears to be, which might reinforce earlier posts from stratosphere experts that suggested that the tropospheric vortex is resisting the effects of the SSW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Is still don’t believe this is a done deal yet tbh, far from it and imo there could still be upgrades. Fair enough if it dosnt start to link up tomorrow then yeah that ship may of sailed but it’s still too soon to be saying it’s game over 

3BE05AFD-50D7-4049-9256-220E23E25BB9.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
7 hours ago, BLAST FROM THE PAST said:

ECM huge backtrack as The Slug fights back.  Its a big swipe at such short timescale, for me it makes it poor as well as the others....because if it was so good how come such a climb down at such short range.?  Ah well.....we definitely ain’t there yet 

BFTP

ECM backtracked to extreme as was the incredible easterly? As I followed up with.  Yes I think so as I expect a little more vigour in the initial dropping trough.  UKMO had moved ‘towards’ ECM as expected.....but no disaster as mot jumped on board but chucked a line to pull them together to get a solution..... and ‘primed’ for a much better diving trough to follow.  

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Wow another bubble burst.weeks of anticipated wintry weather and over 24hours it comes then goes.hopefully things pick up heading threw February on the nhp.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Unbelievable turnaround, you honestly would not believe it if you didnt know the nightmare that it is getting cold to these isles, joke!

B3F86EC7-1A47-47E8-A8D1-C038ADED9BC3.gif

CDC1CDED-1887-4C5D-B516-E74D38BFC989.png

Hardly unbelievable. It happens often for our part of the globe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

If the models are going to upgrade I believe ecm will grab the signal first and the rest will follow 24 hours later

just a hunch

• Thanks 1