Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
cookie

Tour 2 2019

Recommended Posts

Am on as well 🙂 Am just looking to sort my flights out now. Is the 26th a chase day or do we get dropped off at the airport? Just looking to pick a return date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dan the 26th will NOT be a chase day, thats the day we have to get rid of 2 of the cars back to car rentals and start our journey upto Denver for the start of Tour 3 which kicks off on the 28th May

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2019 at 12:13, Paul Sherman said:

Hi Dan the 26th will NOT be a chase day, thats the day we have to get rid of 2 of the cars back to car rentals and start our journey upto Denver for the start of Tour 3 which kicks off on the 28th May

Good to know, it means a slightly earlier return flight won't bugger things up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t make it to early if you haven’t booked it yet. As it can impact the final chase day. Going for a late afternoon or evening flight back is recommended normally 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2019 at 10:19, cookie said:

Don’t make it to early if you haven’t booked it yet. As it can impact the final chase day. Going for a late afternoon or evening flight back is recommended normally 

Yep, I'm thinking of a 5pm or 7.30ish flight back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jezza said:

Yep, I'm thinking of a 5pm or 7.30ish flight back

I was supposed to be on the 6 o' clock flight, but BA have changed it to 10pm... and they've also decided to stick me on an Air Belgium aircraft on the way over whilst they repair some engine fan blades!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think mine is 4pm as I go on to Los Angeles from DFW. Looking forward to meeting everyone. If anyone wants to split a room at the Best Western on the 14th-15th, let me know, I could only get a double king, so happy to split costs, if anyone is arriving a day in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I will be arriving at DFW at 14:55hrs on the 14th and staying at the Best Western too. Looking forward to a great chase with Net weather this year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello my name is Tom and I have an addiction - Storm chasing.   I will be at the Best Western 13/14th May and willing to help if you have any questions I am willing to help.

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2019 at 23:35, Tom Lynch said:

Hello my name is Tom and I have an addiction - Storm chasing.   I will be at the Best Western 13/14th May and willing to help if you have any questions I am willing to help.

 

Tom

 

Hi Tom you forgot to mention that you are a PNE fan 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot wait getting really close now just over a month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has not sorted out their travel insurance and are wanting to use Dogtag, I have a link which will get you a couple of pounds off the cost. 

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just two weeks to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2019 at 22:09, Tom Lynch said:

If anyone has not sorted out their travel insurance and are wanting to use Dogtag, I have a link which will get you a couple of pounds off the cost. 

 

Tom

Yes please if its still valid. £98 at the moment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2019 at 23:35, Tom Lynch said:

Hello my name is Tom and I have an addiction - Storm chasing.   I will be at the Best Western 13/14th May and willing to help if you have any questions I am willing to help.

 

Tom

I have trouble drying my boxer shorts....any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Crashlanding said:

I have trouble drying my boxer shorts....any ideas?

hang them on over the lampshade in the room , just don't forget that they are there

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tom Lynch said:

hang them on over the lampshade in the room , just don't forget that they are there

 

even though i have pictures of you drying your smalls on the bonnet of the car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:09, ItIsGee said:

even though i have pictures of you drying your smalls on the bonnet of the car?

That only works when you are not in a motel.  Solar power dries them better outside. Black bonnets absorb more heat and it works brilliantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying in on 14th, arriving at DFW @ 3pm. First time visit, storm chase virgin.  Can't wait. Staying at the Irving.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Weather looking promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bird Peter said:

Flying in on 14th, arriving at DFW @ 3pm. First time visit, storm chase virgin.  Can't wait. Staying at the Irving.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Weather looking promising.

Well lets hope that we can help you to lose that virginity? If the storms are there we will take you to them.  

Edited by Tom Lynch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

lets hope for one like this.  Broken Bow, Nebraska. Picture of me enjoying the storm. taken by John Finney. 

broken bow.jpg

Edited by Tom Lynch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I'm not going on any tours this year so if this thread is only for people on tours feel free to tell me where I could post. I was following you last year almost every chase from the UK on my computer and had a few late nights watching radar and your live stream:-) I really like the fact I could see your live video and your live position together with the radar, feels like I was there with you, but obviously I'd love to try the real thing. I just want to ask if you don't mind, do you know about any publicly available radar (free of charge) that would show storm rotation (the storm relative Doppler winds)? I assume there is no way in your map with the position of your vehicle to show this. The best radar I found is: https://www.weatherradioapp.com/imap-weather

It shows if a storm rotates, but it's just a computer generated symbol that shows where a rotation was detected, but no actual Doppler Radar.

I'd also love to join you next year if all goes well, the main problem for me in the last years was Uni and the fact that exams coincide with tornadoes, but I'm finishing this year (hopefully) so should be fine timewise for the next. Finances was other thing, but I'm making a savings plan for going stormchasing so want to ask how soon I'd have to book if I wanted to go next year and when is the deadline for full payment? Also, other than flights, ESTA, etc. are there any other costs while in the US and would $500 cash with me be enough to have for food, downdays, etc. or would you recommend more? (feel free to direct me to some FAQ page, etc. if this is all explained somewhere).

I'm hoping to follow you online again this year. The only thing was that I'm having trouble loading your live stream. When I went to the live stream page (even at times when I thought you were chasing) it says "Event Has Been Deleted". I could see your posts, but no live video and your position is showing up in SW Kansas where I think you finished last year. Do I need to reset my browser somehow or is it just that you haven't been streaming this year?

Anyway, fingers crossed for you and I hope you get many successful days and see loads of tornadoes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hi guys,

I'm not going on any tours this year so if this thread is only for people on tours feel free to tell me where I could post. I was following you last year almost every chase from the UK on my computer and had a few late nights watching radar and your live stream:-) I really like the fact I could see your live video and your live position together with the radar, feels like I was there with you, but obviously I'd love to try the real thing. I just want to ask if you don't mind, do you know about any publicly available radar (free of charge) that would show storm rotation (the storm relative Doppler winds)? I assume there is no way in your map with the position of your vehicle to show this. The best radar I found is: https://www.weatherradioapp.com/imap-weather

It shows if a storm rotates, but it's just a computer generated symbol that shows where a rotation was detected, but no actual Doppler Radar.

I'd also love to join you next year if all goes well, the main problem for me in the last years was Uni and the fact that exams coincide with tornadoes, but I'm finishing this year (hopefully) so should be fine timewise for the next. Finances was other thing, but I'm making a savings plan for going stormchasing so want to ask how soon I'd have to book if I wanted to go next year and when is the deadline for full payment? Also, other than flights, ESTA, etc. are there any other costs while in the US and would $500 cash with me be enough to have for food, downdays, etc. or would you recommend more? (feel free to direct me to some FAQ page, etc. if this is all explained somewhere).

I'm hoping to follow you online again this year. The only thing was that I'm having trouble loading your live stream. When I went to the live stream page (even at times when I thought you were chasing) it says "Event Has Been Deleted". I could see your posts, but no live video and your position is showing up in SW Kansas where I think you finished last year. Do I need to reset my browser somehow or is it just that you haven't been streaming this year?

Anyway, fingers crossed for you and I hope you get many successful days and see loads of tornadoes!

Lucas, there is no live stream this year. As to a lot of your other questions concerning how...check out weatherholidays.com as a starting point for the tour schedule. Start there to begin with as it has a faq and contact email. As to radar app, a lot of people use RadarScope. Others will add more I am sure but being in a specific tour thread might mean your questions may not be seem the best place. There is a thread running on “What do I take...” and that is a really useful thread this year, drop in and ask....Good luck, it’s a great thing to do, you will enjoy...and want to go back for more!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...