Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
fujita5

Weather data request

Hi,  apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum, if so please can somebody move it and drop me a PM?

I'm looking for a source of weather data (free or commercial) that can be used in an application I'm building for my employer.  I work for a breakdown insurance service provider and am working on a model to predict callout volumes based on numerous factors.  The biggest factor in determining how many breakdowns there will be in any given period is the weather.

Here's what I need;

Historic data for a selection of locations (TBC) including:

* Daily min and max temperature

* Prevailing weather type for the day

* Daily rainfall/snowfall (mm)

Forecast data for the same selection of locations including;

* Forecast min and max temperature

* Expected weather type

* Expected rainfall/snowfall (mm)

The data needs to be in a consistent format (the actual format doesn't matter, I can write the necessary code to import and decode it).

So if anyone can offer any advice on where I can obtain said information I'd be very grateful!  I've contacted the NetWeather commercial email address a couple of times and not had a response.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

Hi,  apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum, if so please can somebody move it and drop me a PM?

So if anyone can offer any advice on where I can obtain said information I'd be very grateful!  I've contacted the NetWeather commercial email address a couple of times and not had a response.

Trimmed quote to save space

You could try sending a PM to Paul with the Christmas season and what not he may not have got around to all emails yet

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/profile/2-paul/

Edited by Summer Sun