Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model banter returns

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
4 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

think yourself lucky you don't live where i am...had snow since the first week of September..i was ready for spring by Mid November..doubt will see much green until mid late April though

Could you post some pics please cheeky monkey ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Could you post some pics please cheeky monkey ?

Of what?

Posted
10 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

think yourself lucky you don't live where i am...had snow since the first week of September..i was ready for spring by Mid November..doubt will see much green until mid late April though

Lucky b@$*@#ds!

Posted
3 hours ago, JeffC said:

where's here?

2013, April 1st was an ice day here so whist day length does have a bearing, so does the nature of the airmass. We'd had sub zero or at least v cold for about a fortnight by that point.

Here is Reading, Central Southern England. Granted, given an ice day and cloud cover then the snow will stay but both a very unlikely for more than a day in March. I was staying in the pennines during last years March beast and on the Sunday (the Saturday was when all the snow showers really got going in the eve) with watery sunshine it was a slush fest, even with the temp at zero and with that altitude.

Sure its still fun after 14th feb but not what most are looking for

Edited by ptow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, ptow said:

Here is Reading, Central Southern England. Granted, given an ice day and cloud cover then the snow will stay but both a very unlikely for more than a day in March. I was staying in the pennines during last years March beast and on the Sunday (the Saturday was when all the snow showers really got going in the eve) with watery sunshine it was a slush fest, even with the temp at zero and with that altitude.

Sure its still fun after 14th feb but not what most are looking for

I had pure beautiful powdery snow all the way down on the South coast. It was incredible

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I had pure beautiful powdery snow all the way down on the South coast. It was incredible

Are you referring to Beast 1 or 2? Beast 1 was like that but Beast 2 a slush fest by Sunday (it only started Friday). this was the mid march one

Posted
9 minutes ago, ptow said:

Are you referring to Beast 1 or 2? Beast 1 was like that but Beast 2 a slush fest by Sunday (it only started Friday). this was the mid march one

Beast 1 and 2 both produced dry powdry snow. This one was taken on the 18th of March, I can't see any wet slush in that photo a nice sand like snow dune you can see though which shows just how dry the snow was .

20180318_110356-1.jpg

Edited by coldie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
9 minutes ago, ptow said:

Both were brilliant. apart from the freezing rain, that was a pain in the proverbial as I had to break through 20mm of Ice for the kids to make a snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

yet in the south and west of the Lake District we got diddley squat snow wise!

Posted
17 minutes ago, coldie said:

Beast 1 and 2 both produced dry powdry snow. This one was taken on the 18th of March, I can't see any wet slush in that photo a nice sand like snow dune you can see though which shows just how dry the snow was .

20180318_110356-1.jpg

Interesting, On the 18th I was in Horsforth and there was lots of slush. Drove back to Reading and the same pretty much all the way. Once I got to Reading there was even more slush!

March has never delivered for us here in Cambridge, just the odd day of slush. 

Officially winter is over on March 1st so that’s just six weeks of winter left - with the next two weeks written off as per model output. Fingers crossed for some blocking soon.

Posted
2 hours ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Nothing exciting in the reliable appearing yet so might wait a few days now! When winter will be nearly over!

In recent winters late Winter and early Spring have been when we've got most of our snow. In fact, even going back further, you're more likely to get a white Easter than a white Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

For all the newbies, ride the rollercoaster, for the oldies....just get off and watch  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

I fear this will be the winter of 10 days.   Cold and snowy weather has always appeared to be just 10 days away and i'm sure I can trace that in this forum all the way back to December.   It's winter, models should be modelling typical winter solutions in the future and then as revising as get closer to T0.  This winter will be one which sees those typical winter solutions staying around 10 days away (bit IMBY but for the South at least!)    Shame. 

• Like 1

Posted

The comforting and reassuring thing is that after this evening's euphoria, I'm sure we'll be back to feeling cheesed off again in the morning. Once we've viewed the output churned out (please let me be wrong though!). 

Edited by Jason74
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

March 1-3 2017 had some terrific powdery snow. In the lanes we had some huge drifts near the sweet spot of St Athan in the the rural Vale of Glamorgan. We were plugged solid for weeks from this storm. 

9C64FE6C-DD26-4E61-8706-24812B94456F.jpeg

7C8AB975-C200-4640-8DEB-41E7A54B3C9C.jpeg

• Like 1

On 08/01/2019 at 19:20, Eastnorthwest said:

GF'S has hinted for the first in while now some northern blocking at plus T 300 tonight which we need to hope is that in the coming days this is going to start to be repeated  otherwise this winter will be remembered for again for azores block which gave Europe  record snowfall and the UK for the picking s  from a mainly northwesterly flow which dominated our weather till the start of February, let's hope I'm wrong with the latter 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
3 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Bloomin heck Karlos, daytime max minus 8C, in the heat zone of London, that is day after tomorrow stuff as far as our little islands are concerned... I'll be trying to hunt this member down in the morning! 

It just so happens i am watching said film currently... must be a sign. still nobody is to say anything to family or friends.. thats the rules you know.

• Like 2