Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model banter returns

Paul

Posted
12 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

No wonder you post in 'the banter thread'..

Pure comedy!!.

Are you looking @equatorial modeling!!????..

Haha. :oldgrin:

It's too easy to get carried away with believing the snowmageddon posts on the MO thread. :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
8 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Nowt to do with avoiding posts from any NW poster. Lots of exclamations marks indicate shouting or "you will take note of me". Just past knowledge from comms writing in work (pre-retirement).

Again...pure COMEDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
4 hours ago, 'ColdIsBest' said:

Nothing in the current charts convinces me of there being any sustained proper cold period, let alone snow.

We are at least a week or two away from the models getting to grips with what is left of winter.

Agree with this - until we start to see 850’s around the -10 mark it’s just going to feel chilly with some sleety stuff thrown in  - might just be cold enough to putting a coat on when popping out for a puff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, Mucka said:

LOL I only put that in there for you Crewe, noticed you were feeling a bit grumpy this morning. 

Aye, bear with a sore head.

Sick of this poxy 'winter' truth be told.

If we get another useless cold March with snow that's gone before I've even got out of bed, I'll tear every strand of hair out of my head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Maybe that is why Coldisbest posted in this thread to likely avoid a 'put down' ridicule. Just maybe your reply shows why many dont dare post in the mod thread for fear of ridicule.

It makes me giggle when people hold up the model thread as some bastion of weather prediction skill. People in there seem to only be able to predict one type of weather and seem to get it wrong 99 times out of 100.

But yeah, be scared! Model boyz gonna getcha! *waves GFS in a menacing manner*

Edited by Danielvn
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

planning a trip up north is a nightmare really. When it comes to the weather, you don't really know until it's nearly zero hour, and by then you've got rip off prices with public transport. Amber warning upgrades from the Met O, usually seem to happen very close to zero hour as well

5 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Therefore an opportunity for lowland north and east to see snow imo. I have little in this initial game, a northerly, North westerly and even to lesser degree a north easterly rarely delivers for this part but if I was in the north or east I would be encouraged by the t144 output this morning. We, down here, will wait and be patient because we always watch others enjoy before we get our fun.

Indeed, quite possibly. You could be waiting a very long time...:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

From a south coast perspective the op runs this morning are somewhat underwhelming compared with some recently. However it's early days yet.

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me
2 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Aye, bear with a sore head.

Sick of this poxy 'winter' truth be told.

If we get another useless cold March with snow that's gone before I've even got out of bed, I'll tear every strand of hair out of my head.

A nice cold NW'rly would be very welcome, about time Crewe had a proper dumping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

It was posted on here last evening ..........

we don’t need Matt to tell us ...... anyway, he blocked me on Twitter so don’t care what he tweets! Imagine that ..... blocking me ! 

Sorry for the repitition but I don't live on this site 24hrs a day.  Let's hope that's not the only blocking you get this winter eh blue.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters
8 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

we don’t need Matt to tell us ...... anyway, he blocked me on Twitter so don’t care what he tweets! Imagine that ..... blocking me ! 

Your not the only one to get blocked Blue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
25 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

We all love a strong block lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

Looks like he only blocks people called Nick 

Sounds like he blocks everyone to me.

Posted

If this upcoming "cold spell" fails to deliver then I think it's fair to say that this winter will go down as the winter that promised so much but delivered so little.

• Like 1

Posted

europe plastered and all we ask is a couple of inches,too much to ask.Think we will get it eventually but this winter is really dragging

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

I notice 'wedge' is the buzz word this week. Certainly illustrates how effective the flood of advertising from McCain's has become

Certainly food for thought? image.thumb.png.0669e7f34d71241db3e7c0f4458816d6.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Okay. I'm on board. Bring on the freeze!

GEFS.thumb.png.ccb783ce4d648c63641206eea724c1e8.png

Next week cold zonal, snow risk in the North possibly becoming more widespread towards the end of next week (slider lows are going to be a real headache here). 

Good signal/very good signal for heights to move from the Atlantic to the North of the UK before/around the end of January. Very, very good signal for bitterly cold weather to "lock in" early February. 

Whatever way you look at this now it's going to be below average from about the 16th until the end of January, with things only likely to get colder the further into the period we go. 

And there's the kiss of death, commentators curse, whatever you want to call it! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Quite reassuring to find I am not the only one Matt Hugo has blocked.  I am in some very good company by the look of things!

The latest runs look good for the UK.  I'm not so sure about my skiing in Austria though!  While the  far reaches of FI are showing the UK leaving the EU for Narnia, there's an accuweather prediction of St Anton reaching 11C a fortnight today!   

Posted

that’s what can happen when u.k. gets very cold other parts of europe get mild and vice versa as is the case at the moment

Posted
11 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Quite reassuring to find I am not the only one Matt Hugo has blocked.  I am in some very good company by the look of things!

The latest runs look good for the UK.  I'm not so sure about my skiing in Austria though!  While the  far reaches of FI are showing the UK leaving the EU for Narnia, there's an accuweather prediction of St Anton reaching 11C a fortnight today!   

Glad to have allowed so many of you such a cathartic experience .......’hi, i’m a weather geek and Matt Hugo has blocked me on twitter’ ...........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
9 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Glad to have allowed so many of you such a cathartic experience .......’hi, i’m a weather geek and Matt Hugo has blocked me on twitter’ ...........

I seemed to get blocked out of the blue by him..... never really knew why....I even set up a  netweather thread to see if others had had the same experience!!