Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model banter returns

Paul

Posted

The model banter thread is back. Please use this thread for loosely model related chat, reactions, ramps and (model related) moans. Please keep it friendly, and please do not use this thread to dig at other members or point score.

Happy bantering  

• Like 1

Posted

I cant find the hunt for cold thread, ive enjoyed reading that several times a day?  Has it been culled?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
5 minutes ago, Nath said:

I cant find the hunt for cold thread, ive enjoyed reading that several times a day?  Has it been culled?

Yes there’s just one model output thread now ☹️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
Just now, ICE COLD said:

Yes there’s just one model output thread now ☹️

Shame really I really like the hunt for cold thread . I think it was working well . I can see things getting messy with it all together now , but I hope not . 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Shame really I really like the hunt for cold thread . I think it was working well . I can see things getting messy with it all together now , but I hope not . 

The problem is, there's too much willy waggling going on. Maybe having it contained to one thread might calm things down a bit.

Edited by Nizzer
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Hmm maybe another load of logs might be a good idea, got a feeling that there might be an upsurge in demand. :oldgrin:

Posted

I have no doubt we're getting a cold spell at some point over the next 6 weeks or so. Just wish some patients was shown by some when the charts are dross. When the cold arrives, this forum is a great place.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The HFC thread was essentially the model banter and moans thread with some charts and occasional technical explanation so nothing's really changed lol.

Posted
55 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Working well, quite often it was more like a kindergarten on a very bad day. The team have been incredibly soft hearted not to have several of  you in the sin bin!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, ICE COLD said:

Yes I loved it too....but I guess it was a bit too one sided.

• Like 1

Posted

Ironically , just as the “ hunt for cold “ thread is closed down we will probably find real Winter and plenty of snow immediately in the proper Model Output Discussion thread. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Pineapple Express said:

Ironically , just as the “ hunt for cold “ thread is closed down we will probably find real Winter and plenty of snow immediately in the proper Model Output Discussion thread. 

hope so! still unsure of posts though, some whiner type posts I reckon will still go in there, mine won't though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

It was more like the cold hard ramping thread, and if your not ramping up cold hard enough, or god forbid mention the M word; You are exterminated! ?️☠️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters

Yeah well I liked the hunt for cold thread. It’s what most weather enthusiasts look for in winter. Now the MOD thread will be taken over by the people with a mild perspective posting charts from 3000 hrs in the future. I only like those charts from that distance if they show cold oh well a lot more reading sorry dodging of those posts for me then. ☹️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Could still be in with a shout (or a squeak) of snow Tuesday night/Wednesday, for any really lucky Southeasterners?

image.thumb.png.ef8cd1ea0f3837b923bf8f8c93374697.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 hour ago, Nizzer said:

The problem is, there's too much willy waggling going on. Maybe having it contained to one thread might calm things down a bit.

Or was it Steve's sausage?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Paul White. said:

Yeah well I liked the hunt for cold thread. It’s what most weather enthusiasts look for in winter. Now the MOD thread will be taken over by the people with a mild perspective posting charts from 3000 hrs in the future. I only like those charts from that distance if they show cold oh well a lot more reading sorry dodging of those posts for me then. ☹️ 

ignore them, I do, cannot reply then to the member

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Could still be in with a shout (or a squeak) of snow Tuesday night/Wednesday, for any really lucky Southeasterners?

Yes I think so as well, been posting this in the SE thread. So is it a 50/50, or less chance do you reckon?:oldsmile:

HIRLAM still showing them wintry showers on its 18z.

hirlamuk-1-37-0.png

hirlamuk-1-38-0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I think your pushing the boat out there a bit, Anglia and Look East said temps at day not much below 5/6c but there was the slightest whisper of an odd wintry shower...

1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Ensure sledge is at arms reach. Don’t wax it yet and absolutely do not tell a soul! Usual rules

Snaw Club!! lol..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

dont have a link sorry. Found them earlier rummaging around somewhere. Sorry cant be more helpful

Check your browser history. It's got me on track a few tumes

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Hope we do start to see consistency now and upgrades would be very welcome, feels like ages now since we had some decent charts start getting closer.

can I tell my mrs it’s going to snow?

only joking I don’t wana jinx the potential way forward 

• Like 4