Model output discussion - 7th January onwards

Message added by Paul

Please keep this thread solely to discussing the model output. The model banter thread is available for more loosely model related chat, ramps and moans.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So a rather long post ( Will also clip into the winter forecast thread ) However just an update on saturdays post, a large debate around models - & I took the day 6 UKMO & GFS charts to c

I assume the overnight ECM has (temporarily at least) put an end to the glass half empty stuff from some posters yesterday. I'm sure the next variation in op run will bring them back out - but if you

It's all good folks - we are about to get slammed ? Think March 2013 imprinted on the middle of winter - what's not to love ! The slider solutions are dialled in as the wave guide changes, N

Posted Images

Just had a dusting of snow tonight!!more forecast for tomorrow night maybe and then more till the end of april!!what a set of runs this morning!!ecm is a huge upgrade!!anyway time for a run!!

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Roger J Smith said:

Not to worry, I am sure Prime Minister Attlee will have a plan for that. 

Very naughty @Roger J Smith ?

ECM is a beauty too.  My only angst with UKMO is the speed of movement between t120 and t144....I think it’ll be a tad slower and more easterly component involved. 1st time in sometime that we wake up to a non downgrade on the 00z......are we here yet?

BFTP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BLAST FROM THE PAST said:

ECM is a beauty too.  My only angst with UKMO is the speed of movement between t120 and t144....I think it’ll be a tad slower and more easterly component involved. 1st time in sometime that we wake up to a non downgrade on the 00z......are we here yet?

BFTP

I feel we are never there until we have snow on the ground nationwide.

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, BLAST FROM THE PAST said:

BFTP

Agreed, all roads point to promise on this morning’s models. Checking in on the MetO extended then, underwhelmed to read the output. Doesn’t seem to correlate with what we’re seeing here, especially for the south. Suggests a different pattern to that long fetch easterly. Irritating. 

• Like 1