Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - 7th January onwards

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please keep this thread solely to discussing the model output. The model banter thread is available for more loosely model related chat, ramps and moans.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, ICE COLD said:

Is it the EC46 update tonight feb ?? 

Yes - its Monday and Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Things are starting to fall into place then perhaps as we look towards the last third of January. A good days model watching followed up by this ❄️⛄

good find @Sweatyman

3C37423E-15FD-4A04-BC76-34D1E1F9904C.thumb.jpeg.4a48a90153e25f86c29f2087e343a47b.jpeg929C3F0C-0E78-487E-A812-747130054566.thumb.jpeg.e733ab01266434ab073ddb5fdc50083f.jpeg

Does anyone have a link to these? (Thanks in advanc!)

In any case, the first glances at the latest EC46 look consistent with the previous update. It’s a shame we couldn’t see a quicker trop response, but the slower one certainly looks pretty promising

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
2 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

Quite consistent now with 21st onwards as sign of change 

500za_week4_bg.png.6212c8df693347a574bd5f2dfdd774c5.png

500za_week3_bg.png.c1b8f1f36f19d04c1f1023c97625f30f.png

Hope this works (please let me know).

This was week 3 from last run - considerable stronger signal for Europe and U.S on tonight's run. 

DwBQGodWwAMO2_G.jpg.d04c03bbd56d7da3e0af

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, snowking said:

In any case, the first glances at the latest EC46 look consistent with the previous update. It’s a shame we couldn’t see a quicker trop response, but the slower one certainly looks pretty promising

It certainly does look promising! 

Not sure about the link for these though. @Sweatyman posted them. 

Posted

That looks like severe cold on the ecm for 2nd half of janaury for uk and the whole of europe lol!!surely cant go tits up now can it!!!last few updates have all been the same!!this update is probably the best!!

• Like 5

Just now, karlos1983 said:

Heights from Atlantic up to Greenland.

N/NE flow 

That will do for me. thanks, im assuming that means we all get to have some fun in the Snaw then?

Posted
3 minutes ago, More Snow said:

A quick explanation would help many of us.

Heights over scandi  winds from a easterly source   Edit    sorry already been said

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
6 minutes ago, snowking said:

dont have a link sorry. Found them earlier rummaging around somewhere. Sorry cant be more helpful

• Like 1

Thanks all, been a long stressful day here and just couldn't work it out, mind went blank.  things sure do seem to have started turning in our favour, i fully expect more upgrades in the coming days and i do hope we can all kick back relax and watch it all tick down to Snaw days a plenty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, ICE COLD said:

Well to say I’m devastated is an understatement ☹️ . I loved the hunt for cold and it’s gone . 

Moving on and maybe the cfs is starting to smell the coffee . Been a good few runs lately . 

9B51F419-7B2F-4CCE-9379-A566886ADB1C.png

756B263A-1D2A-4506-A956-D65D0B595B85.png

So your not showing the CFS 12z then? which just shows LP piling over the country...the above is about the only time I've seen the CFS show a decent easterly on any 1 month run over the last fortnight or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Its not a matter of if but more like a matter of when we gona see these brutal freeze up charts appear according to the 46 dayer!!

Let’s see these on operational outputs before we run away with ourselves. But certainly looking good! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

8 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

image.thumb.png.269f200c9d011c1cd51a2f8bd3b73225.pngimage.thumb.png.87556793a23c25efdc2e3893653260db.png 

5 minutes ago, More Snow said:

A quick explanation would help many of us.

2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

That will do for me. thanks, im assuming that means we all get to have some fun in the Snaw then?

looking at those above average height anomalies = higher pressure in the Arctic / Greenland / Atlantic and lower heights / pressure centered to the south of the UK = possibly something akin to Nov / Dec 2010 type pattern (another comparison to keep an eye on in the next few days / weeks, and again I am not suggesting something of this severity just that it will be among the possibilities if the heights end up in the correct positions)

archivesnh-2010-11-27-0-0.thumb.png.12244e6d7b71bd2dc4d63a3d2d13aa57.pngarchives-2010-11-27-0-0.thumb.png.439d20b832b0557e77e56809c3c468a1.png 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

So your not showing the CFS 12z then? which just shows LP piling over the country...the above is about the only time I've seen the CFS show a decent easterly on any 1 month run over the last fortnight or so.

Oh I thought that was the latest . My fault . Thought there had been a few cfs runs posted lately showing winter ?? 

Edited by ICE COLD
Spelling

Posted
9 minutes ago, shaky said:

Its not a matter of if but more like a matter of when we gona see these brutal freeze up charts appear according to the 46 dayer!!

I'll believe it when the charts start appearing at t+48.  Even then I'll be behind the sofa.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1