Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - 7th January onwards

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please keep this thread solely to discussing the model output. The model banter thread is available for more loosely model related chat, ramps and moans.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Will be a few snow showers from this I reckon...

image.thumb.png.69352e9b65acc35ad76f3282fd23fc5a.png

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, southbank said:

Surely the record snowfall in southern German /Austria may play a part in temps at the surface as air circulates around the low ?

Not only, most of Central and Eastern Europe is snowed under at the moment. It would certainly help if we manage to get an easterly

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

better than 'that' EC', I reckon on 5 Dec '12

ECM0-216.GIF?17-0

If it delivers unlike my name sake

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

better than 'that' EC', I reckon on 5 Dec '12

ECM0-216.GIF?17-0

Now you've done it!! you had to mention " That ECM" .. you've damned this entire cold spell!

• Like 3

Posted

Well the 12z ECM keeps up on its own theme, the other models have definitely moved towards the flatter solution but the ECM is a very stubborn model and is exceptional when it comes to these set-ups. Even so, the king ECM can and has got these things wrong at this range.

The great thing is I think most paths lead to cold and probable snow set-ups one way or the other, its just how long it takes to get there and just how deep does the cold go.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I will on a rare occasion talk about my location .

That ECM day 8 is exceptional for here , Northern Med low and a strong ne flow into sw France .

Okay that’s it !

I'm sick of your IMBYism Nick! 

Jacakanackanory! 

ECM1-216.GIF?17-0

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, phil nw. said:

Yes the old Genoa low Nick often a vital part of the Easterly set up.I would like to see a stronger Scandi high if i was being picky,but it's pretty good even if it verified like that.Very cold with plenty of snow chances.

Yes great stuff from the ECM so far . I might start having to stock pile soon!  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
8 minutes ago, southbank said:

Surely the record snowfall in southern German /Austria may play a part in temps at the surface as air circulates around the low ?

They are going to be buried big style with that stagnant cold low hovering over them for days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Cold cold cold at 240, easterly running out of juice but awaiting the next attack from the North West

image.thumb.png.000a62055945e89309af710c961ccc71.png image.thumb.png.e7f83f0c78f110318c4d2c3d149d4b21.png

• Like 4

Posted

Me a ring the slight north easterly component and remembering unless the flow comes directly from the east or south east I get sod all like last year lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Slight similarities with the gfs 6z run after 168/192 other than somewhat of a flatter pattern to the north at 240... the cold quicker to get on this ecm 12z run though.

• Like 1

Posted

Atlantic bog off !

Forget it , it’s desperately trying to move in and throws an ugly PV at us but still not managing it because of low pressure over southern Europe.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
On 12/01/2019 at 19:41, gottolovethisweather said:

I believe an Easterly is on the cards myself, and next week's mid to long-range outputs will regularly suggest such options, as per my post from earlier. My advice to all newbies and those learning the meteorology game is to watch the ensembles spreads and the snow symbols ever so carefully and look for steady rises in snow chance percentages.

I've been a tad too busy to catch up with this thread but will look now, but is my option above still on the cards. Likewise, I need to hear a BBC long-ranger for once, with immediate wintry prospects a bit meh, surely next week into the end of January will deliver snowy scenes?

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1