Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - 7th January onwards

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please keep this thread solely to discussing the model output. The model banter thread is available for more loosely model related chat, ramps and moans.

Posted

It's another beautiful ECM tonight, and good consistency with the morning's run. A little disappointing (if you like snow) not to have more cold in situ at T168 as the diving low is a fantastic snow opportunity, but the low itself is the trigger for a better easterly immediately after. 

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, southbank said:

The ecm op is following what the EC 46 dayer being alluding too, but having been badly bitten a few years back and ECM weakness by amplifying too much until we see cross model agreement specially the beast killer METO it’s just nice FI candy

which ec46 ??  this ec run is for w/c 21st jan …….

btw, i agree re the amplification off the esb …….. need to see ukmo at least in agreement on the 00z run

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
Just now, tight isobar said:

sea-temperature (1).png

GFSOPEU00_0_35 (2).png

ECM1-216 (1).gif

Could be retrogression to Greenland here allowing cold reinforcement from the north east then we are locked in for cold for a while.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Nice upper trough over the south = SNOW

image.thumb.png.c730bdbd408ef974e2266484604607a1.pngimage.thumb.png.9fc1260978665a7c936314edc28ebd0c.png

Edited by Purga
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

That is an immaculate conception!

talk about consistency! I was not expecting this at all must admit

103E7E1A-F687-48F4-A54A-88983506DB78.thumb.png.7f999e953802de8f583a7d0e7f9b038b.png

Praying at the garden of GEFSemane that that comes off!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
6 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

The GFS lovers were waiting to pounce if the ECM went balls up , but it’s holding strong it’s a stonker . 

ECM day 9 - amazing

1776B12D-954F-419F-987B-6E1E4380C9DD.png

-11 uppers into mr Murr neck of the woods will have Him  yelling Boom

Edited by Winter Hill
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

The GFS lovers were waiting to pounce if the ECM went balls up , but it’s holding strong it’s a stonker . 

ECM day 9 - amazing

1776B12D-954F-419F-987B-6E1E4380C9DD.png

That weather would do me fine, IC - but who are these 'GFS lovers' to whom you so fondly refer? Those who don't accept 'the GFS is always crap' to be the Word of God?

Get a grip, peeps, not all of us prefer 'outwitting' computer models to the real weather?:santa-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Ignoring the mild 850s pilling in from the Atlantic.....the overall synoptic pattern is mint and should allow for continued cold air to eventually make it back into the mix.

97959137-4D05-46B9-B316-A90B362B7B5F.thumb.png.b910e4f21d5b2a4fda3a3fc875710071.png

Posted

I was thinking how nice it would be to wake up tomorrow at six to find the overnight runs had actually upgraded for once this winter!...unfortunately, I think the bar has been set a little high this evening,. Be nice to go to work in a good mood for a change!

ECMOPEU12_240_1-5.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

You got to laugh. ECM at T240 looks like GFS at T384. I guess that's a case of a slow catch up eh? Both lala land. Anyway we still waiting for what is going to happen on Friday.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

That weather would do me fine, IC - but who are these 'GFS lovers' to whom you so fondly refer? Those who don't accept 'the GFS is always crap' to be the Word of God?

Get a grip, peeps, not all of us prefer 'outwitting' computer models to the real weather?:santa-emoji:

I think that was more aimed at those who claim the GFS can’t possibly be wrong and are keen to right off the entire winter based on its output.

This ECM run shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. It matches well the seasonal and 46 day models. Although I think this run develops things more quickly, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the pattern evolved more slowly in reality and we have to put up with more nonsense doom and gloom comments on here just because we’re not all going to be buried in no time. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

JMA not quite on par with ECM but somewhat supportive

JN192-21.GIF?15-12

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Would Kent do alright out of that 

A bit premature to be talking snow depths, let’s get the cold in first!

it could still change as it’s over a week away, feet on the ground people

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

People really shouldn’t be worrying whether the 240hr ECM chart shows snow for their specific location given we still don’t know where/if snow will fall this coming weekend..

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
15 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

is that the mild easterly folk were moaning about earlier?

Well its a big relief bg, I was getting a little edgy earlier on, big surprise this sort of upgrade to turn up so early in the run, I mean this starts off at D7, brilliant.

• Like 1