Advice on buying a new car

19 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Yep ,as my South African friend says a BMW is a poor mans Mercedes ? 

Wouldn't have it other than running out an ex employee's contract. Not sure why they left, but the car could have helped his decision! 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to a town fair in Thirsk last summer they had a custom built defender in black for £100,000.  Thats some toy lol

old mans car..which is ok if you are old?

I'm flogging my x90 hybrid   for a   range rover velar 

29 minutes ago, JeffC said:

Don't forget, I mentioned it earlier...Don't. Ever. Buy. A BMW 216 D. They are an abomination. It handles like a bag of wool, even in sports mode. It's got less power than the lib dems and looks like the illegitimate offspring of a Vauxhall Meriva and  BMW 1 series. Unpreposessing join the extreme.

Herr Flick from the projects department said "Yah ve must make a car for das tall hatchback segment nein?"

"Ya I know it vill be ganz scheiBBe, but ve must do somesing nein?" "Ze board vant it, zo ve must make vun schnell schnell"

And so the BMW 2 series was born

6 minutes ago, nwextremeweather said:

Herr Flick from the projects department said "Yah ve must make a car for das tall hatchback segment nein?"

"Ya I know it vill be ganz scheiBBe, but ve must do somesing nein?" "Ze board vant it, zo ve must make vun schnell schnell"

And so the BMW 2 series was born

Ja, genauch! 

I've had VW Tourans in the past and they were fine, both performance and looks, cannot understand why the 2 series ended up such a complete Hund!

Edited by JeffC
33 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Yep ,as my South African friend says a BMW is a poor mans Mercedes ? 

They say lots of funny things in SA. My South African friend says there wont be too many BMWs and Mercedes in SA once the confiscation without compensation project kicks in. There wont be too many northerners to drive them either if folks dont stop the madness

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, nwextremeweather said:

They lots of funny things in SA. My South African says there wont be too many BMWs and Mercedes in SA once the confiscation without compensation project kicks in. There wont be too many northerners to drive them either if folks dont stop the madness

He's leaving for Italy , reckons SA is Finnished ?

2 minutes ago, JeffC said:

Ja, genauch! 

I've had VW Touransin the past and they were fine, both performance and looks, cannot understand why the 2 series ended up such a complete Hund!

schweinhund is the word you were looking for. Un unglaublich pile of assenpilsen

1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

He's leaving for Italy , reckons SA is Finnished ?

They know that with the possibly exception of Trump, western governments wont do much if anything. Many, many times worse than Rhodesia

6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Yep ,he says it's terrible white money flight ?

Well there is that for sure, but I try to keep up with SA and so many farm murders over the last few years. A campain of terror. If the land 'reform' plans go forward, which they seem set to do, I dont see how the violence and killing cannot be way worse than Zim. Much bigger populations for a start. Plus the farmers are not going to just hand over the keys and go. Plus the confiscations wont stop with a few farms. They will come for the homes, business, apartments - you name it.

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, nwextremeweather said:

Well there is that for sure, but I try to keep up with SA and so many farm murders over the last few years. A campain of terror. If the land 'reform' plans go forward, which they seem set to do, I dont see how the violence and killing cannot be way worse than Zim. Much bigger populations for a start. Plus the farmers are not going to just hand over the keys and go. Plus the confiscations wont stop with a few farms. They will come for the homes, business, apartments - you name it.

He's here in 2 weeks to visit so I'm shure he will bring me up to speed , shame it's foooked though 

Just now, Mokidugway said:

He's here in 2 weeks to visit so I'm shure he will bring me up to speed , shame it's foooked though 

Those that have been able to get out and those that still can are mostly those with money to do so. A lot of people are heavily mortgaged or with crippling loans which means if they sell, they will have little or no capital and no real means of leaving and starting up elsewhere. Plenty take the view that their ancestors have been there since the 1600s, so why should they leave?

• 4 weeks later...