Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

How's the soil moisture doing by you @Northernlights ?

Absolutely waterlogged here now....

10 minutes ago, shuggee said:

How's the soil moisture doing by you @Northernlights ?

Absolutely waterlogged here now....

After the last few days heavy rain/sleet/ snow showers most of the field drains are running full again but having said that the sun came out today and with no rain it started to dry very fast. Another two days like this and we should be able to cross the fields again but that is more in hope than expectation as it looks like we will get some  rain again.

• Like 3

Interesting that the model thread is hinting at a possible cold start to April...I remember some years past the first race of the season at Knockhill was absolutely baltic and windy as hell, it was a combined car and bike meeting the Karts went out for a couple of warm-up laps they didn't even get the second lap in as an absolute white out appeared from the west...all races abandoned due to a snow covered track..!!!

• Like 3

Pleasantly warm (ok, not cold anyway) yesterday with neither rain or wind. First proper bike ride of the year! 

• Like 5

Very dull and overcast here, 4C when I last looked. I hope to gawd we dont get stuck in one of those boring runs of dull calm boring grey. That makes me almost suicidal 😡

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Temp in Seattle today is a rather pleasant 26c smashing a 125yr record! Unreal for mid March!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Temp in Seattle today is a rather pleasant 26c smashing a 125yr record! Unreal for mid March!

Please post pictures of something other than a grey sky and save @mardatha 

No weather here. Bedtime said Zebedee. Wahay said Florence, hoping to escape Brian's sticky embrace.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sok HC, I'm going up to Edinburgh to drink tea, eat cake and spend the husband's money. 😎

Which, after all, is what husbands are for, really. 😈

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, mardatha said:

Sok HC, I'm going up to Edinburgh to drink tea, eat cake and spend the husband's money. 😎

Which, after all, is what husbands are for, really. 😈

😛

• Like 1

(Diabolical metaphor alert...)

After the first two went in I thought 'eff this' and went for a walk on the beach. Little wind (that's the token weather note) but a really low equinoctial tide so plenty of strange debris on the beach that isn't normally visible. Including a broken toilet. Yes, not only did McLeish send the boys down the toilet :wallbash:, they smashed it on the way through 🤪.

Roll on spring :oldgrin:

• Like 4

Alternatively, according to some wag on the Grawn - 'There you go Theresa that's how you get out of Europe'

• Like 1

And here's today's withur!

Eh,Pish!!!

Big Innes

• Like 3

3C this evening and heavy showers looking decidedly.... wet! 

• Like 3

Gorgeous cool but calm sunny morning here. So far so good...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Gorgeous cool but calm sunny morning here. So far so good...

Gorgeous and sunny but that breeze is cold as hell. Here's a pic you might have seen before today 😂 A wider angle from yesterday's gorse with plenty of sunshine today.

20190323_085640.thumb.jpg.0bc389b4f4c6b4bbbb62a85fd7c9485f.jpg

• Like 7

Still breezy this morning, sunny  and chilly at 6c.

Very windy yesterday but mostly dry.

I know this is equinoxtial gale time but  I am getting weary of the wind which makes opening of gates and doors very hard work. We have had a lot of wind this last autumn and winter mostly from a southerly direction.

Ground surface very dry again with mini dust devils on the farm road..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Still breezy this morning, sunny  and chilly at 6c.

Very windy yesterday but mostly dry.

I know this is equinoxtial gale time but  I am getting weary of the wind which makes opening of gates and doors very hard work. We have had a lot of wind this last autumn and winter mostly from a southerly direction.

Ground surface very dry again with mini dust devils on the farm road..

I agree about the windiness. Most springs I'm out on the bike a lot more than this and the reason I've not been is the almost constant westerlies and southerlies for the last several weeks.

At least today was sunny but firewood jobs today meant safety specs to keep the dust out of the eyes - it's been very windy...

• Like 1

Absolutely miserable weather this morning - cold wet and windy again. Lights still on. Pfft.

Dear Jeremy, if you can't be arsed to help rescue us from swivel-eyed perverts, please do something about the weather.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Absolutely miserable weather this morning - cold wet and windy again. Lights still on. Pfft.

Dear Jeremy, if you can't be arsed to help rescue us from swivel-eyed perverts, please do something about the weather.

This clip is from the Graun, 10th March 1976. How times change, or not.

urban war.jpg

Anybody got a potted version of the April forecast?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mardatha said:

Anybody got a potted version of the April forecast?

More pish? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

One week ago today I had this...

75346223-8EA7-4A49-8E6D-4D77D299EDF9.thumb.jpeg.a612d208b19f93d3165b3e3159a876a8.jpeg

4FD52861-E3BC-435D-9CBE-2BDFEFCE8D11.thumb.jpeg.5437d98d6c24b54ebf221b2307f5391a.jpeg

Yesterday this...

152540DB-634C-48DA-9261-699397BB3FC8.thumb.jpeg.a8c39532073d6cc3d95d1ee5c04a3736.jpeg

Today this...

FD909DC2-27A8-45D2-8092-A7A49D533EC3.thumb.jpeg.03771b30f78cda74fbd855c817a60e37.jpeg

Quite a varied last seven days of weather here - most enjoyable! 

Spring heatwave or another snow event would be most welcome now.

Have a good week ahead everyone! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Nasty day here on the whole. Bright and sunny a lot of the time but with a strong, bitingly cold wind that made it feel much colder than the 8c or so. Then there were the showers, heavy, blustery and turning to sleet or even wet snow at times. Picking son up from Alford around 1pm I watched the car thermometer drop from 8C to 3C in the space of a couple of minutes as a squall hit. 

• Like 1