Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Did anyone think that Brexit would let us escape the Euroslug? Nah, thought not.

Bloody snowmoaners, forever trying 'thwart' Snexit...In the words of Uncle Nige: Moaning! Whinging! Whining!ūü§£

• Like 1

Something quite sleety passed through overnight and then froze. Thick ice on everything this morning. 

Now sun, no wind and feels quite spring like. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

why has my previous post been hidden??

Maybe you're ignoring yourself?

• Like 1

cant even reply to a sticky note.... yet the mountain thread is full of off topic crap so much utter crap and play ground crap yet they all just seem to be able to get away with it all the time, so why do i bother?? it does seem to me that some members get better treated than others.

1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

cant even reply to a sticky note.... yet the mountain thread is full of off topic crap so much utter crap and play ground crap yet they all just seem to be able to get away with it all the time, so why do i bother?? it does seem to me that some members get better treated than others.

Your post was automatically hidden because of it's vile content. I also ask the same question as you, why do you bother?

7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Your post was automatically hidden because of it's vile content. I also ask the same question as you, why do you bother?

'Vile content'? Gosh. You mean like is already spattered randomly all over the internet?

Heavy rain on now, nothing even slightly wintry about this at 4C. After a quite lovely day too.

39 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

If it was the post I'm thinking of there was nothing vile about it. Pretty standard chat in Scotland. 

Not going to amount to a great deal but heavy snow on here just now, still got a lot of the old cover with some areas a real compacted icy mix of slide on your erse. Cold start this morn, nice to see the hard frost return after a dose of the wet and windy mince 

• Like 4

3C now and little more than slizzle. The recently mended lamp-post isn't needed.

You guys have all given up haven't you? :lazy:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Awww fiddlesticks, I've missed "vile content", and I'd not even have had to head into the model thread for it either. 

Anyway, got back home earlier this evening and although it was dark, as expected it very much looks as if all the snow is gone except for some pathetic remnants where it'd been piled up. Been skimming the models the last couple of days and well, if its "vile content" you're looking for.... 

• Like 1

Blue sky and slight frost this morning - possibly the only frost of the coming week... should be quiet in here for a while!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

... should be quiet in here for a while!ÔĽŅ

To keep the thread ticking over…. with a tenuous connection to Scotland, I admit…..around 19-20hrs of continuous snowfall on 1st Feb delayed my return to north of the border for 24hrs.

1135426427_SomSnow03.thumb.jpg.0f905cf957b329bc705f0c16033e5a1b.jpg

High Littleton

Edited by ciel
  • Like 9

We went to Blackness for a walk along the Forth, lovely stuff:

20190211_110448.thumb.jpg.11b5eff9eaaba5c06d013fdeb0307978.jpg

The charts are still a bit rotten but give them time, the GFS has a beast in FI but it heads south-west in search of Turkey. A little refinement and it can come here instead.

• Like 8

7.7C¬†ūüĆ쬆IMG_0456.thumb.JPG.c747fdc45f94c4e5db8923e8ad4d7e5b.JPGIMG_0459.thumb.JPG.a9370b344c9e69ae6d9aeb2dbd5b65cb.JPG¬† ¬†IMG_0461.thumb.JPG.43ad626a7443b185dc038c5f67546b70.JPG¬†

still expecting blocking to become a bigger influence as we go through the next few weeks especially with the MJO looking like heading through phase 7 into phase 8   diagram_40days_forecast_GEFS_member.thumb.gif.3d7219485dd57a2c2fd05eb534844a31.gif  CFSO_phase_small.thumb.gif.ebf60ac90eb1b50df7d4cb791d600871.gif 

have seen quite a few ensembles with a block in that sort of position nino_8_feb_mid.thumb.png.9e846b7325b4a1462b848d035c5c9fe1.png the ideal scenario would be to get the core of the above average heights nearer Greenland  and get a better NE / E flow but I will be happy just to see a block appear in the nearer term charts especially in this "unique" winter where blocking that should have been appearing has not for whatever reasons I am also unsure why this has been the case this winter but I am certainly not throwing in my towel yet, lets wait and see how this progresses - remember the timings last year... 

gensnh-4-1-384.thumb.png.1f3e1a090adbc2c7a884bbb6d2540d9d.pnggensnh-12-1-384.thumb.png.e1278fd09f49ab4284ea9e0e145ab8e2.pnggensnh-19-1-384.thumb.png.ba8a5f48b7d73ab55664bc1d984d9e49.png  

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 9

Might as well get the gairden dug then eh? ūüôĄ

Feeling miserable here in Falkirk. Glorious weather all weekend, kids off school and I have Labyrinthitis. Can't get out of bed for feeling dizzy and sick, eaten nothing but a few strawberries since Friday. Can't even read my book which is pure torture for me.  Glum, glum, glum. 

• Sad 9

2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Might as well get the gairden dug then eh? ūüôĄ

I cut my front grass a couple of weeks ago, it'll need done again soon ūüėā

27 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I cut my front grass a couple of weeks ago, it'll need done again soon ūüėā

Yes shifted wintering sheep onto a fresh grass field today with an inch of fresh growth since late November. Otherwise a pleasant day after a frosty satart at -0.5c. Currently 4c

• Like 3

@ciel - that's quite some snow. and @Quinach - good pics again! What altitude are you at there?

We have the first growth of grass at the foot of our wall on the pavement side. You can bring your sheep over any time, @Northernlights!

Dropped a friend off at Glasgow airport late this afternoon.  Temp reading 7C at that time in Glasgow. Passing Stirling on way home very surprised to be advised by radio traffic info that the B947 was closed due to snow - and it's true. Mind you, the police close that road at a drop of a hat these days.

image.thumb.png.1cfde0e9e887dbb30bf297c9e9e79117.png

Temp 2C at present, here, with no precipitation or appreciable wind.

Edited by ciel
  • Like 3