Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

13 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Steve's Scottish Salt Spreading Snow Machine 

Steve is well prepared for his snow plough duties  

Need not fear residents of Whitburn! Steve’s Sensational Scottish Snowplough will get you tae work in the city easy! 

Any self-respecting polar low would have zipped down to Ayrshire by now, obliterating everything with gales and blizzards.

This one is just mince. Look at it, crawling along at a few pixels on the radar screen at a time.

Bedtime said Florence.  :air_kiss: said Zebedee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Celt said:

Any self-respecting polar low would have zipped down to Ayrshire by now, obliterating everything with gales and blizzards.

This one is just mince. Look at it, crawling along at a few pixels on the radar screen at a time.

Bedtime said Florence.  said Zebedee.

The snow repulsive force from the lothians is too strong, even a polar low can't defeat it

4 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Bedtime said Florence.  :air_kiss: said Zebedee.

*in a commentators voice* @Hairy Celt looks at the polar low and gives his verdict - he and fellow Scottish residents have had enough of these poor attempts at "snow"! 😂

• Like 2

Anyone thinking schools aff the morra

FB_IMG_1548804535287.thumb.jpg.0fe3a3538a05f1fd82920539064c83d2.jpg

FB_IMG_1548804535287.jpg

Edited by Cheggers

Just arrived back home from work and to my surprise there is a nice wee dusting of snow. Better than nothing i suppose and at least it will be a nice wintry walk when taking my son to school in the morning 🙂

3125BC9E-7587-4342-8FDF-7C7172D5BCCC.thumb.jpeg.3f44c2cdf1921e3ad637923a276e2025.jpeg

• Like 6

Not snow related but is anyone else getting page redirections (the scam types that say you have a virus or have won a prize) when using this forum on a mobile? It's happened to me a few times this week.  

Edited by snowidea

21 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Not snow related but is anyone else getting page redirections (the scam types that say you have a virus or have won a prize) when using this forum on a mobile? It's happened to me a few times this week.  

Yeah, seems to be happening when I click on the 'like' icon, or just now when I was trying to add a post. Annoying, but chrome on my phone is now blocking the redirects automatically. 

Anyway, surprise bonus fall here overnight, courtesy of the polar low I assume. Must have been running out of steam as it reached here though as its only left around 1cm going by what we shovelled off the driveway. Nonetheless, it all counts. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well that was all a bit..meh! Looks like the North/Northwest did well during the early hours! 

Rest of the week looks sunny and dry here so perfect weather for Munro climbing! 

Looks like Wales are in for a snow battering on Thursday as per the BBC graphics below - wish it had been coming through Scotland! 

Have a good day all! 

DE56FCBF-3D77-4C98-9C60-3AF4EA400AE0.png

CF743DA4-4233-4052-AB42-5248EDF001C6.png

A34EB7F8-1BD7-405F-8633-83E23A177EA6.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Aboyne -8.5C min overnight and 5cm fresh snow in the early hours. No new snow at kingswells overnight. Fun drive to work - nothing like cutting first tracks through the snow with 4wd and winter tyres.

• Like 9

Currently -7c with fresh snowfall over night, which was not in the forecast.

• Like 2

-3 in Balmedie this am.   No snow although there was a few flakes driving to work this am.   Looks like it going to remain cold until middle of next week then getting a bit milder. 

• Like 3

Well, well, well! 101 has a dusting of snow this morning. A very light covering! So light I'm slightly annoyed that I can't complain about no settling snow anymore 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Other than that is another beautiful cold, frosty morning! 

I see the Lothians have been included in an updated Yellow warning for this morning - looking at the radar I'm struggling to see why 🤔

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9

Similar story to all the other northies, few cms top-up overnight. This winter is certainly bit by bit. -4c 

• Like 6

Another dusting this morning and -3C just now. Should be a better bet for an excursion today. Hmm, where to...?

• Like 7

Morning folks.

It' a pretty one.   Didn't get as low overnight as some others did with -2.3c.  Currently sitting at -2.1c. Nice and frosty though.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 9

Cold, dry and sunny here. We've managed into double figures of precip this month, a huge 10mm. So far this winter has been an utter snoozefest. My inner child looks at the ECM at +240hrs to see the cold air coming our way though....

• Like 3