Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

looks like the pink area is getting a bit bigger on the radar, some in here could get a surprise later and into tomorrow.

Come here pink bits, come to daddy... For northern coastal dwellers, it's a matter of waiting to see if the ppn dies out before it turns to snow. Tomorrow will tell.

4 o'clock: 4C and the sky is darkening with a funny brownish tinge to the minging wet greyness.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Worth keeping an eye out tonight after 22:00 for those living in the Edinburgh area, especially on higher ground (101_North and Penicuik blizzard).

untitled2.png

untitled.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Whoohooo hope that includes me too!! 🤩😍😁

• Like 2

Lots of rain today ground really needing it but a real cold wind off the Firth at  3c. Will it turn to snow tonight?

• Like 1

Looking at the Netweather rainfall radar I've been 'in the pink' since about 3pm. I can assure you though that it's certainly not even been close to snowing here, with temp reading at 4:30pm being 4.5C. That is a little lower than forecast though, so hopefully it'll turn to snow later this evening. I might even wake up to a covering again if I'm really lucky.

• Like 4

4.7C here.  Have a funny feeling I might get some slushy stuff overnight.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

T81 GFSp

Some excitement...?

540EF2B0-D32F-4F7F-A772-8C4F26AE5829.thumb.png.a2a6c9ced969431504af4ef04e50517c.png

Not really... according to that map, where I stay doesn't even exist. 

Midnight tonight. 850s and ppn...

viewimage.png

viewimage (1).png

• Like 3

2.5C here and a little birdie reports snow just up the road. It's coming, boyo! 

• Like 8

Not the best of pictures but awoke to heavy snow again after yesterdays brief dalliance with a thaw.  We had about 2 inches with more through the morning before more rainy sleet in the afternoon but Northerly gale setting in now so expect more snow soon.  Just lower down towards Rogart just slush and not a flake A9 to Inverness.  Second picture of the thaw yesterday.

DSC_0601.JPG

DSC_0600.JPG

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Highland Blizzard said:

Not the best of pictures but awoke to heavy snow again after yesterdays brief dalliance with a thaw.  We had about 2 inches with more through the morning before more rainy sleet in the afternoon but Northerly gale setting in now so expect more snow soon.  Just lower down towards Rogart just slush and not a flake A9 to Inverness.  Second picture of the thaw yesterday.

DSC_0601.JPG

DSC_0600.JPG

The bottom photo would have many in the south of the UK wetting themselves and calling work for a day off...lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

T81 GFSp

Some excitement...?

540EF2B0-D32F-4F7F-A772-8C4F26AE5829.thumb.png.a2a6c9ced969431504af4ef04e50517c.png

<raises his Fifer hand> ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

<raises his Fifer hand> ☹️

yes that comes off and us fifers might be looking like this source.gif  beab472752b9158d401a7787dfc0e61f.gif tumblr_pkp5k0UhFf1wvod4io1_r2_400.gif  and @Big Innes Madori might be on the Madori 😂 :oldrofl:

• Like 4

I was trying to find some information on how the latest ECM looks for Scotland in the MT but can't seem to find much. I am no expert at looking at the charts but the ECM looks good to me for us in Scotland with plenty of snow chances for many areas.

ECMWF_072_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.2992c83d67942b95d3626799d24e49da.png

ECMWF_078_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.1f4bdd08a242732f9ba9605e54e48301.png

ECMWF_102_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.dd5fe1c1263ae32c81d0d238fb065478.png

ECMWF_108_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.d3910daa02fe5cc06495ea72d0b68336.png

ECMWF_132_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.690df183a0c142ec616513df7c5bfac0.png

ECMWF_138_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.25780d3fca57208f53951a4053b162f5.png

ECMWF_144_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.194d75eef11f9df532c7fdd2ee49e472.png

ECMWF_150_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.c1fb9a07a7dfa9ed01f4c0c8e277f1b8.png

ECMWF_156_GB_SFC_es-ES_es.thumb.png.1eb9f80840971131c2a60b9bc3309816.png

Bring on the snaw! ❄️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Looks poor for us in the NE.   Dry or rain!

17 minutes ago, howham said:

Looks poor for us in the NE.   Dry or rain!

Like I said this morning, looking primarily at ECM based forecasts, for the NE there's lot of cold around next week, but not much precipitation. When precipitation is forecast, like tonight and tomorrow, it's just slightly too warm so it's rain or sleet. Hopefully that'll change cos it is marginal. 

Sleety outside at the moment. 

Edited by Ravelin

Last time I loked at the weather station it was 8C, now it's 3C. Been raining but now stopped.

• Like 1

well BBC for the week ahead shows Scotland in the firing line for showers all week and then looked like a big snow event Thursday then had the winds turning N/E winds toward the weekend, finished with saying less cold in the south of the UK... get ready for it guys and girls some of us are gonna have one heck of a week. 😲

• Like 9

I’ve been traveling through the model chat, totally no idea what to expect, so I came into here and now there look like some snow possibilities. At least a 1 on the snow depth chart , that’ll do for starters . (Knew I shouldn’t have bought the new sledge 🛷 for the kids 😂)

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 3

Hard to follow anything in the main thread unless you live in the south...

So from what I see it's looking pretty cold and snowy from Tuesday onwards up here?? 

Snowy sleety windy. 2.5/1°C 

• Like 5

The beast is back 🤔😂

864D9BD6-AD63-4CC2-9FB7-5E6BF6419F10.thumb.jpeg.2e1490a3f8b71760e8e9b928aa033591.jpeg

Also, why are they reporting temperatures in fahrenheit? This is not the USA, stupid Daily Mail always trying to scare the public with their nonsense weather articles.

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 1