Sign in to follow this  
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Morning all,

Not as bright as yesterday here, mostly cloudy and currently 4c in St Andrews.

Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and (hopefully) a snowy New Year! 😁 Some very tentative indications of things turning colder into New Year - worth keeping an eye on!

Coolish feeling, dry and cloudy here today. Max was 5C.

Have a good one everybody!

7FFB8DFD-33C8-44C4-ABC8-F4FD25D4CCF5.jpeg

Yesterday morning here was cloudy with rain but the afternoon turned out a bit better than expected with some sunshine and today also had a decent amount of sunshine. The temperature has mainly been around 4c to 6c yesterday and today with a high of 7.8c yesterday afternoon. Merry Christmas everyone lets hope we all see some snow soon 🎅

Glad it’s forecast to be drier but a shame there is no cold on the horizon

As an aside, spent a bit of time recently in the borders (Gala, Melrose etc) and most recently Stobo/Peebles. I had never really been before, enemy territory and all that but aye, very nice. 

92634D68-5640-4C7F-A51C-ABD6BE38DAB7.jpeg

Outlook couldn't get any worse. Massively above average temperatures for much of the period. This weekend temperatures are expected to reach 13C in Edinburgh, the average is around 7

external.png

Edited by edinburgh_1992

Depressing as hell here today. Wish I could hibernate.

2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Depressing as hell here today. Wish I could hibernate.

We have young HC and youngest HC here for a few days and they do a good job of hibernating - except when there's food on the table!

Just getting my winter fix by looking at previous winter photos and traffic camera images from Scandinavia.  Proper winter there just now.

Good idea HC! I've got Norway webcams, think I'll sit and watch them and knit. OOOh and get stuck into the Cointreau, that'll help!

4 hours ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

Outlook couldn't get any worse. Massively above average temperatures for much of the period. This weekend temperatures are expected to reach 13C in Edinburgh, the average is around 7

external.png

Even I can't spin anything positive out of this nonsense 😔