Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

A much brighter day here compared to yesterday with a little bit of sunshine. The temperature has been mostly over 5c with 5.6c being the highest at 12.18pm since then the temperature has been gradually dropping its currently 2.0c just after 5pm. There isn't as much snow on the hills today.

• Like 4

Posted

Broke all the rules today and lifted a few neeps for the inside cattle from partially frozen muddy ground.A bit of a mess and broke a few bars on the lifter but got enough up for about two weeks. This sodden ground is a   real pain.even for the cows going out for a row every day.

The day started off with glazed ice everywhere after a night of sleet and rain and all the local roads were treachorous. Made for a tiring day trying to balence on all this ice. Currently 2c  and frost returning.

• Like 8

Posted

After an inauspicious grey and misty start it morphed into a fine, mainly sunny day in Cowal/Kintyre. Had to strip off outer clothing on a short uphill stroll at Glashburn even though the temp was only around 3C mid-afternoon. No thermal gloves required.

Finished Xmas shopping at Lochgilphead (phew).

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
11 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Couple of options, one of which is another self build project local.

That sound very interesting indeed, be very careful with estate agents, i was one once up to regional management level. cheapest isn't always best, have you ever thought of doing something your self? or maybe even renting instead of selling. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

That sound very interesting indeed, be very careful with estate agents, i was one once up to regional management level. cheapest isn't always best, have you ever thought of doing something your self? or maybe even renting instead of selling. 

I'd need to offload my current property to free up 500k towards the self build. Land isn't cheap......

• Like 2

Posted

Temperature has dropped quickly tonight, currently -3C. Roads gritted but still skitty in places and that's a 4WD with winter alloys/tyres.

• Like 6

Posted

Having consulted a map now, the second photo down in my post above is Stuc Odhar, not Ben A'an (638m high rather than the latter's 461m).

Anyway, its a hill in the Trossachs with snow on it, which'll have less snow on it in a couple of days' time.

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

I'd need to offload my current property to free up 500k towards the self build. Land isn't cheap......

well if i win the lotto tomorrow you may be in luck..

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Your numbers came up on the weather lotto, Happy New Year!!

1752425745_Screenshot_20191218-050514_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b2527fd710eb30ddebdb592b4dc1496b.jpg

Randomest looking chart I've ever seen.

I'd buy that for a dollar!!

• Like 4

Posted

The coldest start in a while. -4C, dry and sunny. Later on this evening the return of the rain and wind. Milder of late with temperature around 6C.

Early next week looks colder and dry.

• Like 6

Posted

Icy this morning. Only some quick reflexes and a nearby railing saved me from swimming in the canal this morning as my bike went from underneath me on the Slateford aquaduct

• Like 8

Posted

Did start sunny and frosty but the cloud is encroaching. Does look like quite a rough night coming up

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Every now and again I have a look over in the Models thread truthfully I try to stay out of there as I’am not entirely sure what they are all on about, one thing I have noticed though is they don’t seem to know what they are on about either as 99% of their predictions turn out wrong and then there’s an on mass disappointment when a predicted snow filled easterly suddenly flips and becomes a mild wet south westerly...its their desperation for cold and they fall for it every time it’s hilarious.

• Like 6

Posted

Iron hard ground  this morning definitely no neep lifting today. After a very sunny start cloud built in the afternoon and this evening the frost is lfting and its currently 5c

• Like 7

Posted

Getting rather blowy outside, forecast is for 50mph gusts and heavy rain around midnight.  Yellow warnings for rain for parts of eastern Scotland tomorrow and Friday. 

• Like 3

Posted

In a dry gap at the moment but another heavier pulse of rain on the way (really has got a lot milder too) thankfully this milder ish spell only really a 1 day thing

• Like 4