Sign in to follow this  
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Beautiful frosty morning here with not a single cloud to be seen and an orange glow to the horizon. 

Up and out so can confirm -6C at 8am according to the car. 

So 10am football is off..... Who'd have thought 

Parents happy

-3 still and stunningly white

Xmas house tidy up today followed by griswalds decoration of house tomorrow

Charts continue to trend snow chances from the 8th for some lets hope they keep trending that way.

Temp was up to -4c for a bit but is back to -5c. Baltic 🥶👍

November has been a notably wet month for this area, the last 6 months have been wet overall with 650mm of rain against an annual average of 700mm.

1717011749_Screenshot_20191130-101346_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0d326ebd878cce254166b345ef4819b0.jpg

The 06z GFS could be quite interesting at times:

1732471257_Screenshot_20191130-110930_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.be4d1c363d5fead18f2520f67ff86a6f.jpg1197006897_Screenshot_20191130-111105_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5e5926b5ab854eeca5b4e3886fd6b580.jpg

It ends up fairly cold and unsettled with snow chances out to the end.

Still -3C here and as it seems like elsewhere beautiful sunshine. If it stays below zero, it would be  a second November ice day which would be very unusual for this location.
I heard one report that Tyndrum got down to -10C at 6AM this morning though I have not seen any confirmation. Anyone heard any official reports of a new low for this season?

Edit. I see Mr Frost gas already posted about the Tyndrum temp.

Edited by Norrance

Car was reading -6.5c as I got in last night at 3am. Pretty nippy.

Still hovering about 0.5c currently as the hill to my south smothers the winter sun after 11am. 

And re the London attack - Well done to the brave members of the public. Also to the rapid response of the Police, successfully neutralising the threat.

Luckily it was London bridge and not a more rural location but that’s an argument for another time.

Edited by SW Saltire

Last nights minimum temperature here reached -3.1c beating my previous low of -2.4c. A max temperature of -0.5c this afternoon everything outside is still frosty and icy.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

Similar for me. A max of -0.3C and now -2C and falling. Two ice days in November is very unusual for here. Even 2010 only had one on the 30th though the previous couple of days had been close in the heavy snow. 

Thirteenth air frost at -7.6°C and a 13:30 max of 0.9°C, so still to have an ice day here.

Left braemar a couple of hours ago at -7. Now in glenrothes at 1 degree.heading home soon, wonder what it will be!

6 hours ago, Ravelin said:

I think I'm safe in declaring an ice day in Alford. Been through a few times today on various errands. It was -6C at 08:00, -1C at 12:30 and still -1C at 14:30. With the sun now back behind the hills it's not likely to be climbing again. 

Fire on now... 

15751270934211318837808.thumb.jpg.c819431be7f1b4e104d36adb059154e7.jpg

what are the things on top of your stove?

Looks like fans to throw the heat out into the room. 

4 minutes ago, edo said:

never seen them before. always thought fans make it colder...

5 minutes ago, edo said:

Yep, start working as the stove heats up, due to electricity generated by the temperature difference across a pad separating the two halves of the fan. Make some difference but hard to quantify as I can feel the radiated heat from the stove more than any breeze from the fans. 

Once the stove has been on for a bit it gets that warm in the lounge we really HAVE to open the doors to the hall and kitchen. 

Edited by Ravelin