Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

Cows did not spend long outside at neeps today and came straight in very quickly to get away  from the sharp showers and strong wind. Maybe the foot of mud in the field also acts as an incentive to coming back in again.A nice golden bed of straw awaits them  and they soon ly down to chew the cud.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Gone suddenly dark and cold, looks like sleety rain. Wind picking up a bit.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
7 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Looks spot on mate - debating whether to head up the local hill this morning for a wee while. (These are the best kind of days to capture the showers/cloudscapes as they move in - had a similar day at the end of October with snow over the mountains/plenty of rainbows)

Thanks, nice to see lightning in the showers out west so far today 

3 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Wow what a beautiful morning. blue sky sunshine and mild.. wind is a bit of a pain but cant have everything can we.. looks like a rough week ahead, my snaw symbols keep getting taken away and pushed back. mad house is up and down again with doom and gloom never far away.

Do you live in a different country  wild night and day so far here with constant howling wind and heavy showers rattling through, currently on 10.2 mm here so far today and temperature 6.0 C / DP 4.2 C 

looking at some of the short range models outside chance of some snow showers near @tiff as we head overnight tonight / early tomorrow morning.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@Kirkcaldy Weather its been a beautiful day here so far. no showers yet lovely warm sunshine but ya right about that wind tho.. gonna be fun getting the fires going tonight as the wind is rattling down the chimneys and we do seem to suffer a fair bit with down drafts (is that what its actually called)?

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

@Kirkcaldy Weather its been a beautiful day here so far. no showers yet lovely warm sunshine but ya right about that wind tho.. gonna be fun getting the fires going tonight as the wind is rattling down the chimneys and we do seem to suffer a fair bit with down drafts (is that what its actually called)?

Down draft is correct.

Phone a chimney sweep and ask him to fit weather cowls. That will prevent rooms full of smoke on windy days

mad6-1.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Down draft is correct.

Phone a chimney sweep and ask him to fit weather cowls. That will prevent rooms full of smoke on windy days

So thats what them things are on top of chimneys... i shall look into it. Also just had a small shower pass thru and the radar looks full out to the west so maybe something to come later.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

So thats what them things are on top of chimneys... i shall look into it. Also just had a small shower pass thru and the radar looks full out to the west so maybe something to come later.

Aye, they spin in the wind which improves the draw of the chimney. Blustery showers down here, the powers dropped out briefly an hour ago. Currently sorting out the camping lamps incase the power goes out completely. The next few days look rough.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Erm......I know it's been a while and I know I'm getting dottery but where are they keeping the radar nowadays?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Erm......I know it's been a while and I know I'm getting dottery but where are they keeping the radar nowadays?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Thanks KW.  

Have they changed the board format a bit?   Radar used to sit at the top of the community page didn't it?

Which page is it on now?  (I've a feeling I'm going to regret asking this!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Thanks KW.  

Have they changed the board format a bit?   Radar used to sit at the top of the community page didn't it?

Which page is it on now?  (I've a feeling I'm going to regret asking this!)

Hit home or weather pages. Radar is there in both.

Saves going in to the charts and data bit.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted

Meanwhile over in the mad house Winters over. same time next year then. roll on spring..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Mega showers today which merged into about an hour of torrential rain just as me and Ms HC were heading out for our constitutional. Our waterproofs were properly tested and passed flying colours, but I won't tell you what make they are. No advertising thank you.

• Like 8

Posted

Wild night overnight with plenty more to come by the look of things. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all

Lovely day ahead with plenty of sunshine - lots of wintry showers up North currently.

E0E97E94-C3DC-4184-9EFC-6D883E80DA15.thumb.png.10d96fddb36b2efa01ada97c575d5fb2.png

Wild last thirty six hours or so here - Saturday night/Sunday was horrendous out on the Firth of Clyde as per my last post. 
Sad news being reported.

72AD7FB1-7874-4993-9AB5-AB4D95374942.thumb.png.b1fa23db96d83fe9f0ca76444e85ae1a.png

Tomorrow looks another stormy day with 60 mph wind gusts expected around these parts.

F5EDF581-8D86-4B4E-9FF8-6D4DF21677E6.thumb.png.fa0c9e00d6a331e5bb5ec58bca3ba1b0.pngAD9F8AB7-CEFE-48BA-AA45-54F0006AB436.thumb.png.62dab56f92b0289915caf4987de136c5.png6BC37BFA-4676-485A-B024-F777B74BC365.thumb.png.c198bf6f88994ab039f6afd3140c050a.png

Very windy day for many of us.

F5F08DC1-7CFD-44E7-9B7B-1BF77438946B.thumb.png.8e36e1883e5791022c7758f02f97c4de.png7317A4C1-B018-497B-B8F6-0160910F697B.thumb.png.9b02dd3dd7ca2fb4aad7e5746c78115f.pngA2CED00D-5C94-4043-B540-BF4985BC95AC.thumb.png.2a8ed52291e1e8d29e5deeaa79b6f08e.png

Have a good day everyone.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 6

Posted
15 hours ago, Norrance said:

Hit home or weather pages. Radar is there in both.

Saves going in to the charts and data bit.

Thanks Norrance.   The problem appeared to be with my board.   Couldn't move from the forum pages for some reason.   All fixed now though.   Thanks again.

• Like 1

Posted

Well its dry above this morning so a bit of relief from the rain.Getting weary of plodding round in the mud every day so I am ready for any high pressure thats available be it mild or cold. Currently 2.5c

• Like 2

Posted

Went eerily calm after the mayhem of the weekend. Miserable a easy way to sum it up but it's a nice start to the week..............at least (suspect it won't last)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Surprised to see that we will be getting some winds here too. Judging by that model thread it was all about the South West of England.

Lovely morning in Glasgow - looks like we're getting a nice bright day before the madness returns!

• Like 3

Posted

Wasn't a bad day yesterday, sunny for the most part with a brisk wind and a max of 5.5c.

Overnight wild, wet and windy.  A really big gust of wind around 2am managed to knock down a roof tile and scare the kids to death with the resulting noise.

Sunshine and showers at the moment - still a gusty wind that is positively Baltic in nature.

The low angle of the sun at the moment making the showers look very dark and ominous.  Falling as rain at this level but the surrounding hill tops are white; must be very wet snow up there as temperature currently 2.6c.

• Like 3

Posted

Yesterdays storm here brought a gust of 55mph in the morning but as the day went on the winds dropped and the showers eased off leaving a cloudy day that actually wasn't too bad. During the evening when the wind changed to the North West the temperature climbed down to 3.9c. Through the night a few heavy showers passed by as the wind increased again although not by much. This morning has been sunny and dry and a bit on the cold side the current temp just after 12pm was 4.7c.

• Like 3

Posted

Well an eventful night here due to a power cut at 4 am fumbling around for a torch at that time in the morning isn't great  

Anyone know what has happened to the WRF model on meteociel? nothing showing up, it is my number one short range model and was fine yesterday so not sure if an upgrade or what is going on. Oh and anyone for heavy snow showers :spiteful:anim_yzq0.thumb.gif.d4a72dfad90da5859fd875d958db60d4.gif  currently sunny 5.3 C / DP 0.8 C here 

• Like 3

Posted

Temp dropped to 3.5c here but nice and calm.

Those auto updates don't half screw up your computer sometimes!   Will have to figure out now why I keep getting knocked off and constantly have to reconnect!  Ah the joys.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Found out that the issue is hardware related on the server and they have contacted them, hopefully it is fixed ASAP especially with potential wintry weather on the horizon