Sign in to follow this  
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

21 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Morning all

Another bitter/well below freezing morning currently and cold day ahead!
Starting to wonder if anyone at the MetOffice proof reads these text summaries...check out the one below for tonight...spot the error. 😴😉)

493DFDC1-FED2-40EE-8FB2-1EF45C43B464.thumb.png.a160c78ce073be82c4e13863ba6fb272.png82DEEEFF-6CAF-4037-93BC-57FFFE785B68.thumb.png.8a8c158e78074b93497da7342ee365c3.png

Wee morning walk earlier...starting to think I prefer days like this to having snow on low ground. 😀😄 (I will see myself out)

553F6286-02F4-4D7B-9F91-7CF83C0AB74F.thumb.jpeg.6c12297fa52311b37bbe20dcc59d7f68.jpeg9592671A-8329-49F4-A71D-B5307A4FC58A.thumb.jpeg.5e19d6291de7a04c0766aad00b34b1b7.jpeg4E3AAD16-A8AC-4F5E-B8A2-091A9F908615.thumb.jpeg.86a76a6a622976ed746b0bffadd57d60.jpegE6CC409A-39FE-4B05-84FC-FD543E031222.thumb.jpeg.0560a5f62cddb280068e24a7a45d2455.jpeg

Fog in the distance covering a huge area.

02745F74-85E5-4CBE-BAFB-A1D93072FED2.thumb.jpeg.483aa1cd852856e90edef317645cb40c.jpeg

Have a good day! 

Great spell of weather at the moment - well for past 3/4 weeks! Quite a contrast to some areas doon south. Figures at end of month will interesting. Cracking photos there, what did you use to take these photos - not much of a tech guy so unsure if the phones would capture clear photos especially one with the hawf moon! 

Ta

Just landed in Luxembourg for work and the weather is several shades of pish! Grey, cold and lashing sleet! I want my frost and blue sky back 😭😭

Edited by 101_North

Got down to -1.7c earlier this morning the temperature this afternoon so far has only reach 0.2c its still frosty outside.

frosty 1.png

frosty 2.png

Just now, Zenarcher said:

Got down to -1.7c earlier this morning the temperature this afternoon so far has only reach 0.2c its still frosty outside.

frosty 1.png

frosty 2.png

That frost is so thick I thought it was snow at first.

I'm getting my winter fix through you guys in here - loving the pics. My brother lives in Killearn and has sent some great pics down. 

From a very wet and fed up southerner lol

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Nice looking sky here IMG_20191118_140800.thumb.jpg.63e7c37961c23365894e26499bb99a09.jpgIMG_20191118_140753.thumb.jpg.e4cad0118632ba87e40ab7e76066fb07.jpgIMG_20191118_140726.thumb.jpg.43b8365266847cc8bb3588f11060eec6.jpg

I have noticed over the past few days that clouds have seemed  to form in well defined 'lines' ( some of CMD's pics show that too) and then spread out. I thought they were contrails initially.

1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

An enjoyable day spent hiking around the Coreen hills. Picture, I think, is from Black Hill looking west towards the eastern cairngorms. A chilly day with temperatures around 0C, although noticeably warmer at the peaks.

20191118_123544.jpg

The Coreen Hills is a new name/location for me. Looks nice.

Back to weather, while a sunny day with little wind, it feels bitterly cold. -1C on leaving home earlier around 8am, then -3C at Montrose Station. 

Oddly enough, the temp in Aberdeen was +5C, according to the taxi sensor - I was ripped off by the driver, however. :oldangry:. Having confirmed that he accepted card payment, and some minutes into the journey he announced there would be a minimum charge of £7.50. I could have walked the short distance but was running late-ish - and it's uphill. 

Edited by ciel

5 minutes ago, ciel said:

I have noticed over the past few days that clouds have seemed  to form in well defined 'lines' ( some of CMD's pics show that too) and then spread out. I thought they were contrails initially.

The Coreen Hills is a new name/location for me. Looks nice.

Back to weather, while a sunny day with little wind,, it feels bitterly cold. -1C on leaving home earlier around 8am, then -3C at Montrose Station. 

Oddly enough, the temp in Aberdeen was +5C, according to the taxi sensor - I was ripped off by the driver, however. :oldangry:. Having confirmed that he accepted card payment, and some minutes into the journey he announced there would be a minimum charge of £7.50. I could have walked the short distance but was running late-ish - and it's uphill. 

I'm not sure Taxis can enforce a minimum charge if paying by card. I know shops can no longer demand a minimum spend if paying by debit card.

I noticed two things; firstly there was a small plastic card on his dashboard indicating this minimum charge would apply; secondly, on querying this, I received a rather garbled reply along the lines that the local authority required this surcharge to be made as a condition of his licence to pick up passengers from the station. I really did not have the time to get involved in further discussion.

Interestingly, after havng had some persistent questioning during the journey about where I came from and what I was doing in Aberdeen, he decided to 'split' (his words) the difference and charged £6.

I know it's tiny amounts we're talking, but the principle and deception really annoyed me.

Has actually turned to snow here in Lux. Wet snow and no chance of it accumulating but at least I've seen my first falling flakes 😂🤣

Another below freezing morning here. Really, we've been very fortunate here over the last few weeks when I see the weather that other parts of the country have been hammered with. Poor Yorkshire! Out for a doggie walk yesterday, sunny, calm, clear. Same again today, only colder. I'll take that any day! No sign of white stuff at lower levels yet, but I see we'll have a return to the norm by the weekend. Ach well, it was nice while it lasted!

That temperature is dropping like a stone. Wouldn't be surprised if someone sees a -10c tonight 

Just now, bigsnow said:

That temperature is dropping like a stone. Wouldn't be surprised if someone sees a -10c tonight 

Have managed to get my weather station working again (although it will probably muck up again) but just went below freezing here -0.2 C already 

52 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

The highest temperatures I observed today was 1C. Currently it's already-3C and I suspect that will fall further.

-4.2/-5.0°C.

Already. My.

AS above a fine sunny frosty day. Managed to start ploughing today and ground is  surprisingly dry underneath. Its been a challenging old year weatherwise since  mid  May  with nearly every  farm operation having to be done in very short weather windows.Started off  today at -1c and  its now -2.5c

20 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

-7c to start the day, max of -1.8c, -7c again and heading down, coldest day so far 

Where is your location, -7 already at half 9 preety good going.. 

15 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Where is your location, -7 already at half 9 preety good going.. 

I'm assuming NorthernStrath won't mind me answering but unless he's flitted recently, he's just south of here by about 10 mile or so. I believe he lives in an igloo between Moy and Tomatin.