Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, edo said:

Ahh crewecold.... merchant of doom i always chuckle as i read his posts and he implodes

Weird today glaswegian blizzard asked where his post had gone i asked in which thread and both posts removed...some weird modding going on??

Original post was deleted for being political, I'm told. Don't know why the other post was deleted, other then perhaps efforts are being made to eradicate all trace of the previous post's existence. In which case your post, and this, will probably also be deleted.

Anyway, in other news, if Sean Batty is talking about snow then I for one am willing to believe.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
Sean Batty
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Original post was deleted for being political, I'm told. Don't know why the other post was deleted, other then perhaps efforts are being made to eradicate all trace of the previous post's existence. In which case your post, and this, will probably also be deleted.

Anyway, in other news, if Sean Batty is talking about snow then I for one am willing to believe.

I've always thought anything went in this thread..... Disappointing Im sure we are all adults who can cope with having different views

Unlike the madhouse where they fight like cat and dog

Sean Batty knows and if he speaks.... I believe 

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The UKMO has been on the steroids with this one:

971654328_Screenshot_20191205-052830_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.20f93ad5b1a3958deaa5ffe46e4c52d4.jpg

Nasty.

Cloudy, breezy and fairly mild this morning at 7c.

A cool down next week looks likely, beyond that who knows. These days I only glance at the models beyond 5 days. I feel much healthier for it! 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

The strong winds forecast for today appear to have been watered down to nothing more than a blustery drizzley day at least through north lanarkshire.

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

The strong winds forecast for today appear to have been watered down to nothing more than a blustery drizzley day at least through north lanarkshire.

Still looking pretty strong for here later according to the Met. I'm particularly looking forward to my cycle home! All uphill and with potential gusts of 50mph right in my face and some lashing rain! It's going to be lovely! 

(still better than dealing with the bus)

• Like 4

Posted

What did we decide to call these many winters ago? 'One day wowzers' or something? Certainly dog biscuits anyway  

nonsense.thumb.png.04e4f2b53a83c19e26244db15ecadc34.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
57 minutes ago, 101_North said:

What did we decide to call these many winters ago? 'One day wowzers' or something? Certainly dog biscuits anyway  

nonsense.thumb.png.04e4f2b53a83c19e26244db15ecadc34.png

Election specials 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

All still coming along nicely for next week and the latest ensembles are actually an upgrade graphe3_1000___-3.16202_56.10878_.thumb.gif.42ee11bded7a2f8502bac468fbbb3095.gifgraphe6_1000___-3.16202_56.10878_.thumb.gif.0b7d0103dd83432a57d4409df7300e38.gif

• Like 5

Posted
24 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I remember something involving @Blitzen and using charts from some obscure model that you would never have even looked at if you weren't desperate for something showing snow at +186hrs.

That's it   

I remember that my solitary snow symbol didn't verify  

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

At least it was only one snow symbol that didn't verify and not a promise of 35cm the next day that didn't verify when you got organised and chopped wood and got coal organised and candles for when the power went off and made a snow measuring stick from a piece of cane and some black tape and even named the measuring stick too and his name was Fernando not that this was me and no I am not still bitter I just forget to use punctuation sometimes.

Now that rings a bell

I have been stung many times by charts. Sadly more often than I've been surprised looking outside! 

• Like 3

Posted

Needed for some in the mad thread, "you know what happens when you think winter is over 5 days in?... you just made the list!"  

• Like 5

Posted

Up to 30cms of snow is expected for Cairngorm mountain Mon/Tue next week.

The demise of winter 2019/20, has been greatly exaggerated

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
15 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Up to 30cms of snow is expected for Cairngorm mountain Mon/Tue next week.

The demise of winter 2019/20, has been greatly exaggerated

On top of the fake snow they sprayed how high will it be?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

On top of the fake snow they sprayed how high will it be?

Depths will vary according to elevation. At present, most of the pistes are brown, with artificial snow confined to a few beginner areas. 

Cairngorm ski season is due to start this Saturday.

• Like 1

Posted

interest before this too but the 13th getting colder over the last few runs with the -10 850s widely on the latest run gfseuw-1-180.thumb.png.b2d26c9a8087b8714cba2492bd639aa3.png and a potential snow maker from the NW

• Like 6

Posted

About as unwintery as you can get at the moment. Rain has started to lash in more and really has got very very mild (although missing the heaviest of the rain at the moment coming in bursts) more akin to a very mild summer night rather than a winter one

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloudy and windy here too but only a little rain has got through so far. Milder as well with a max of 8.9C though not the double figures forecast. Incidentally the last day I did have double figures was over a month ago  on the 4rth November. Quite unusual for November I would guess.

• Like 6

Posted

Miserable weather today. Not, relatively cold, but dark, grey and a blustery wind in the morning with intermittent drizzle throughout. Roll on spring or at least the winter solstice.

My doggie is not particularly well, either.:oldsad:

Edited by ciel
  • Like 4

Posted

@ciel I hope your dog gets better quickly.

Just been out in the horizontal rain , we are stuck with it for a few days but at least it hasn't been like this all autumn as has been the case in past years.

Obligatory dog and bridge photo from walk 

20191205_161413.jpg

• Like 6