Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

@Kirkcaldy Weather can you imagine it? This type of set-up in winter could be an absolute classic for snow. Negative tilt with the fronts sitting NW-SE. Cold air from the east or south-east. BOOM! Someone is digging in the morning, and the afternoon:

191005fax2.thumb.jpg.ad5de67539a5a2aea8d21ac7e6f192ea.jpg

When I saw this chart earlier all I could think was snow but then it's 10C too warm and two or three months too early. Having said that this is also the type of set-up which would happily dump super chilled 1C rain on you all day too.

Aye could have been a cracking snowfall event for many of us, hopefully next month and beyond the snowfall events keep coming one after another for us. :oldgrin:

1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

@Mr Frost well done on the pics, I thought it could be you but I am not as good at stalking unlike @Kirkcaldy Weather has proved himself.

:ninja: :oldlaugh: 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, ciel said:

Not directly weather related, but may have a  seasonal relevance.

Perhaps @Northernlights can comment.

This white stuff has been applied to the former barley field ( harvested 10 days ago or so) on several days over the past week. It blows into my garden.

Lime?

1659018988_Lime(1of1).thumb.jpg.d30e1f67f2cb1e1fcf979c5eafdde871.jpg

Don"t see much liquid lime being applied in my neck of the woods but know it exists and as this is a liquid tanker it must be assumed that it is liquid lime.Think it acts faster in the soil especially as the soil temperature falls so they will probably plant a crop in this field fairly soon

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Got out of bed... Looked out of window... Got back into bed, might just stay here. 

I'm not even under main band of rain either, some of you look as if your beds might be floating by now. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Yep, if I wasn't on top of a hill I think I'd be floating down the Tweed by now!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Went to bed it was raining, got woke up in the night by it raining, got up this morning and yep still raining. oh well gives me something else to moan about instead of my dung football team. oh if only it was cold enough for snaw, we wouldnt be moaning then.

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 5

Posted

My old labrador simply wouldnt go outside if it was raining, even had to build him a shelter for him to do his business on a rain day.. snaw on the other hand he would be out all day.

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

My old labrador simply wouldnt go outside if it was raining, even had to build him a shelter for him to do his business on a rain day.. snaw on the other hand he would be out all day.

23 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Clyde will go walking in any weather at all but he can hold a pee for about 16 hours so refuses to go out before bedtime if it's even a drizzle. Fergus on the other hand will go outside any time any weather but he's a spaniel so he's insane. They're MrsC's dogs, I don't really like dogs (apart from Clyde lol).

LOL

I ventured outside (the door-step anyway) earlier this morning in the rain. There was a rabbit in the garden. However, even after pointing out to my spaniel, Jess, 'BUNNY' she sort of rolled her eyes and trotted back inside.:oldlaugh:

Disagree with Catch's opinion about spaniels. Jess is an exceptional companion, very sensitive and well-trained - mind you, it drained about 5 years of the owner's patience.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

That was one very wet night and morning! Cleared through here just after midday.

Lovely rainbow earlier.

16282CCF-4067-407E-8389-F7F5026F027C.thumb.jpeg.89b38664fa653e3584f69660629bb4e4.jpeg

Wet and windy week ahead here - Autumn very much in full swing!

Have a good Sunday! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Wet, wet, wet, cats sulking, I'm sulking and it's work tomorrow.

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just relaxing with a glass (or two) of wine after a very wet weekend. My wife has been researching her family tree and dragged me off to West Lothian yesterday to look around graveyards for her ancestors. Got absolutely soaked. She did find one great grandad's grave that she hadn't identified in West Calder who was run over by a train while working as station master there. Turned out he was one of six of her family who were killed by trains and the only one who actually worked on the railways. Another, just a few miles away in Mid Calder decided to take a short cut home from the pub along the rail track but forgot about the late night mail train. Oops. 

Overnighted but as it was still  pishing down this morning crossed to Dysart in Fife where her mum was brought up. Even wetter there so home it was. Took some pics but nothing of weather note.

1981A7CB-C79E-44C3-B899-A5C352212947.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

I'm from Fort William lived here all my life and when someone from Fort William says that's heavy rain you know it would be counted as Biblical event elsewhere, absolutely stotting down big lumps !

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Yeah, sun finally put in an appearance this afternoon , after a run of wet or at least grey conditions since the end of last week. It's probably not actually any warmer outside, but psychologically it 'feels' warmer cos your looking out at sun rather than miserable grey and rain.

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like a bit of a nasty shower appearing here on radar (skies have got pretty dark)

• Like 1

Posted

Still raining.. some brief sunshine but mainly raining. looks to be the way of it for a good while yet too.

• Like 2

Posted

Some very heavy stuff showing on the radar. seems to be no end in sight. 

• Like 2

Posted

Wasn't a bad morning but have had almost persistent rain for a couple of hours now (infact got pretty heavy again)

• Like 2

Posted

in non weather related news it would appear that i made more roast spuds than was needed for dinner tonight. oh well looks like its cold goose fat crunchy roast spuds and a nice IPA or 6 for me this evening... oh and just to stay on track still wet and windy. also was watching an old escape to the country scottish borders episode just now and they showed a massive house in Heriot.. now i know we have a member from that area but not sure who.. anywho im off to go get my euro millions tickets. £169m what would i do with that?

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 4

Posted

Keeps raining like this i'll need a boat tomorrow to go anywhere! We getting gaps between the rain but when the rain's coming it's very heavy

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

in non weather related news it would appear that i made more roast spuds than was needed for dinner tonight. oh well looks like its cold goose fat crunchy roast spuds and a nice IPA or 6 for me this evening... oh and just to stay on track still wet and windy. also was watching an old escape to the country scottish borders episode just now and they showed a massive house in Heriot.. now i know we have a member from that area but not sure who.. anywho im off to go get my euro millions tickets. £169m what would i do with that?

I'm in Heriot - can you remember the name of the house? We've got a lot of big houses here, inc Bowes-Lyons. *looks posh* 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mardatha said:

I'm in Heriot - can you remember the name of the house? We've got a lot of big houses here, inc Bowes-Lyons. *looks posh* 

i can go back on it and have a look.. this one was right at the top of hills and totally on its own, 11acres and had a tennis court in the grounds and a river close by. white outside walls had a centre entrance door and the property split off to the left and the right. a 1930's build so they said.

• Like 1