Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Seems tae be a bit sleety here at Hillend ski centre. No much prep for now so hard tae tell. 

• Like 4

Stunningly cold today  with a very strong wind  with a maximum of 4c.Mostly dry and overcast. A lot of the frost came out of the ground.however.

• Like 3

Wet rain just now 2.7/2.0C 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

About 4c and heavy rain. If there's been a more typical Glasgow winter's night I aint seen it.

I'd be happy with heavy rain instead of this calm, dry and cold theme.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

I'd be happy with heavy rain instead of this calm, dry and cold theme.

Do I have competition for the grumpiness crown?

Cold and dry here. Looking forward to cold and bright tomorrow.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

5C already in central Edinburgh, temperature has been slowly creeping up in the gusty winds over the past couple of hours. 

Basically, we can forget about seeing snow here. 

I'd be more annoyed if any had been forecast here 😂🤣

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Do I have competition for the grumpiness crown?

Cold and dry here. Looking forward to cold and bright tomorrow.

Ulterior motive, I've 30 Canadian Tsuga trees that could use a proper soaking. 

Loads of rain around the house, loads of snow up on the hills.

Perfect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scottish skier said:

Seems tae be a bit sleety here at Hillend ski centre. No much prep for now so hard tae tell. 

I think this wis mair hope than anything. 

#pish 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very heavy rain, torrential at times coming home. Surprising amount of water lying on the roads. Not even a hint of sleet at the highest point of my commute which is around 220 metres. 

There are however the first signs of something a bit more sleety at home now. Looks like the cold air is starting to come in a little.

Had this photo come up in a Facebook memory from a year ago today. Hopefully see something this winterIMG_3645.thumb.JPG.87067b6ae6205be72c631e0f370391f7.JPG

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 5

Going by my ever trustworthy Metoffice APP..........🤔 It looks promising from midnight - especially in the West.

Plus BBC mentioned the snow showers could merge for a longer spell of snow even at low levels tomorrow with some thunder and lightning in the mix.

Hills above 200 meters are in for a pasting.

As per James above - I also had a picture pop up from January 21st last year! Ah the glory days of Winter 2017/18 in my old home. 

21C6E704-8EF8-4AA2-84F5-21303C704613.png

BAA6820A-7DE4-45F2-BA00-CBC5F889D810.png

771E0AC9-EBE6-4A6B-BE6C-23E10497CB9E.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

If anyone has a love of snow and uses Facebook please PM me as I am working on something that I need help with 🙂

• Like 1

OK I have a snowflake from the met office, a snowflake!!! One at 9.00am and another at 10.00. Oh and an ice warning for my walk to the train station 🚉 

Just wet stuff out there at the moment. 

Screenshot_20190121-211905.png

• Like 5

Unfortunately so far it looks like higher bits only. Certainly falling at the Cairn O Mount by the looks of this Police message

ROAD CLOSED - VEHICLES STUCK IN SNOW

Police Scotland officers are currently dealing with a number of vehicles stuck in snow on the B974 between Fettercairn and Banchory. This has resulted in the road being closed in both directions.

The public are advised to avoid the area and seek an alternative route.

• Like 5

Snowing here and lying.

• Like 8

The odd drifting snowflake here in central Edinburgh now, 2.5C. Unfortunately the front has already passed so it is mainly dry. 

Heavy snow showers across western Scotland tomorrow, especially the south-west. Will the current carry them over to the east as well? I doubt it, but we'll see. 

• Like 2

Not seen a single flake...this is getting depressing, especially when Europe has had record snowfall and deep cold in the US with snowstorms a plenty.

The UK must be the only place in the northern hemisphere that's not getting any proper winter weather, looks like the snaw shovel will be staying in the shed this year.

I know what's causing the problem...its aw wind and pish from the SNP that's frightening the snaw away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Klippie said:

I know what's causing the problem...its aw wind and pish from the SNP that's frightening the snaw away

Either that or Theresa May didn't get the 'snow clause' into the Brexit deal that would allow us free access to Europe's snow. Damn politicians. 

Still pitch black outside here so difficult to tell but doesn't look like we've had any snow overnight, despite being in the yellow warning area. On a brighter note, we still seem to be clinging on to the snow we did have. Maybe it'll make tlit through to the milder blip on Friday, making it over a week with snow on the ground. 

• Like 1

Heavy snow here in Gourock - settling on grass/cars at sea level. ❄️

• Like 7

Heavy snaw here in southside of Glasgow - only started around 7ish and coming down quite heavy and like Mr Frost snow is settling easily on surface. Quite surprised.

• Like 8

A little dusting. Big blob incoming from the west just as I am about to leave for work.IMG_5105.thumb.JPG.efe3388c553b4b97351e22aa6332985b.JPG

• Like 5