Sign in to follow this  
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

2 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Looking NE out my window towards North Lanarkshire and can see this huge Cumulonimbus. Went to other side of the house after seeing the photos above and it’s dark skies with the cloud tops towering overhead. Surprised when I seen that. 

Huge Cumulonimbus?? you might want to see a doctor about that..😂

A few meaty showers around Scotland just now but nothing electrical showing on the radar.

Had quite a few pass through here - last one was half an hour ago. 

09B267EB-6DC9-4CFD-9A63-BF355CDB1FD6.thumb.jpeg.c75782407c35f9e28c63e8ae2dd71491.jpeg

It’s all a bit boring after the exceptional spell many of us have had for the past couple of weeks with regards to warmth, sunshine and thunderstorms/convection.

I shall return when there is another hot spell, thunderstorms risk, lovely sunset or snowfall! 😀

All the best everyone - it has been glorious seeing all the pictures from many parts of Scotland and reading the posts/reports over the Summer so far.

Best thread on Netweather all year round!

Cheers! 🍻

@Mr Frost thank you for your brilliant pictures and updates so far this summer.. you always seem to be able to put a positive spin on things even when its crap. look forward to seeing you back in here for winter i get the feeling its gonna be epic...

33 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

@Kirkcaldy Weather i wont need no beast from the east if i get my house move sorted..☃️

200m? Hmm. Closer to the sea too, and further south. Scraping the barrel there, I'd hold out for something a bit less shaky.

5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

200m? Hmm. Closer to the sea too, and further south. Scraping the barrel there, I'd hold out for something a bit less shaky.

🤣😂❄️☃️ if i pull this move off im sure i will be just fine.. may even rent out garden space for snaw chasers in the winter..

Nice day here until some heavy rain this evening. Showers really, didn't last.

Spotted a couple of these chaps on some grassy bits near the beach this afternoon, small coppers 165181248_smallcopper2.thumb.jpg.c7b9ae381e9064105a27ac03b804cc72.jpg

and this monster was nearby - anyone know what this is?  fungus.thumb.jpg.3115bbd59aa57146da502d913934d4f9.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

and this monster was nearby - anyone know what this is?  fungus.thumb.jpg.3115bbd59aa57146da502d913934d4f9.jpg

looking at this my guess would be lepiota & macrolepiota visualkey_p1.thumb.jpg.d2fc8ea4db656b72fa72a9818fe78c48.jpghttp://highlandholidaycottages.blogspot.com/2007/08/wild-mushroom-id-chart.html https://www.pinterest.com/pin/23151385555163604 

Have arrived in Aboyne took the scenic route over glenshee etc.. beautiful just beautiful..

17 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Nice day here until some heavy rain this evening. Showers really, didn't last.

It's a right hand... 

Absolutely tottential rain with hail shower just passed through here!

Sooo is this a bad time to confess who caused all this? MY HUSBAND.  👿

He bought a convertible!!

Voodoo kits supplied on request, just let me know.

44 minutes ago, mardatha said:

I'll take one. Never met the guy but he deserves everything he gets 😂🤣😂🤣

1 hour ago, mardatha said:

Dont let him buy snaw boots or gloves..

2 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Dont let him buy snaw boots or gloves..

She's told us before that he hates snow so we're probably safe.

Another flutterbye from last month, a large heath.  2106748417_largeheath.thumb.jpg.8531503fa01d07fec25ffee4c9ba322c.jpg  This was a sunny day but I've seen these flying on dull, damp and windy days, out on the bogs in the middle of nowhere.

Nice enough day.  Max of 16c with quite a bit of sunshine as well as a few brief, but potent, showers.

Light winds throughout.

Was quite taken by the beauty of this shower cloud over to the east this evening.

Panorama.thumb.jpg.a790e7ac8b9c7678f3cd2ae9e598734a.jpg

Normal.thumb.jpg.e2e0f78ae10af2e137a6ce287b1a0a31.jpg

It has to be said that the charts are looking promising for something a lot drier than what we've had recently:

1079775594_Screenshot_20190814-132851_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.46022b8f9d7a906eddd3042ce6f15b22.jpg20190814_132954.thumb.jpg.4943cfa7b801c70716e35d018a309e7f.jpg1605080486_Screenshot_20190814-133105_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cf205b27e78a501b78489f65e9093967.jpg

That rain in Ireland's looking quite punchy..................wonder if it could maintain it's oomph

2 hours ago, NUT said:

That rain in Ireland's looking quite punchy..................wonder if it could maintain it's oomph

Looking like it has.

50 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Looking like it has.

How's the webbed feet and swim bladder evolution coming along?

Not liking tomorrows forecast. For about the 4th year in a row the worst weather of the week will be the day I'm pitching a tent! 

45 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Hola

Just home from hols in Bilbao. 20-28°C and showery rain every day, but sunshine too. Perfect for me. Speaking of rain, has there been much while I've been away?!! :ninja::whistling:

IMG_20190810_135450.jpg

IMG_20190812_120930.jpg

Don"t ask that question in the middle of a bunch of farmers as you"ll get lynched. Just look at the pictures of flattened wheat in East Lothian on line.However we have just had two dry days in a row so we managed to wrap up another 170 round bales of dry grass. Yields are at an all time high and we  have enough for almost two winters now.

Grass yields are at an all time high this summer with ideal rain, heat, humidity and in my opinion high CO2 concentrations leading to excessive growth.

Hoping forecast is right for weekend to allow harvest to start as barley severely brackled(broken over) and needs to be rescued now. Currently sunny, moderate west wind and 16c

2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Not liking tomorrows forecast. For about the 4th year in a row the worst weather of the week will be the day I'm pitching a tent! 

giphy.gif 😂 

decent day here with just a few clouds and a breeze from the west, better make the most of it before it starts to go downhill tomorrow and the weekend with bands of rain and showers and especially on Sunday some strong winds.

She's lovely but I swear I married a reptile when she asks for fire stuff in August:

20190815_190013.thumb.jpg.1a112cb9c85d3540bb1ccd26cd7ab3c7.jpg