Sign in to follow this  
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

15 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

D0D9B684-245F-4C1A-99DC-C616192EBAC6.png

What’s a lightning cluster !

It was quite strange I thought how these storms developed. We had some torrential rain around 6pm here which lasted around half an hour, but it seemed most storms, including the few that developed west of Glasgow, really began to pack a punch when they went further inland. Wondering if the raised ground in Lanarkshire might have had a role to play maybe.

Still seems a lot of rain in the Edinburgh and lothians areas.

27 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

What’s a lightning cluster !

There's another word that goes with cluster. Begins with F. 

Just dark grey here. With bats. Not fruit bats.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Some parts of Glasgow remained dry all day. West of Pollok Park dry all day yet other side of the park you had flooding.. Even smelt BBQs earlier on in SW Glasgow as there was nice evening sunshine and heat with it too.. To be a lot cooler tomorrow and into next week.. I dare say any good temps won’t be returning till next year..

Edited by Sunshineandshowers84
Spelling

Weather warning out for central belt and southern Scotland for tomorrow - looks a day for the Hoose 🙂

Lashing down here again for the third time this evening. Not as heavy as last night but still very wet!

6A455EEE-7085-4307-BBD1-7F1EC273C4A4.jpeg

Edit. Photo doesn’t really show it.

Edited by Norrance

1 hour ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Some parts of Glasgow remained dry all day. West of Pollok Park dry all day yet other side of the park you had flooding.. Even smelt BBQs earlier on in SW Glasgow as there was nice evening sunshine and heat with it too.. To be a lot cooler tomorrow and into next week.. I dare say any good temps won’t be returning till next year..

Storm was north of EK , seemed to head East . Weather has been in a strange rut . Walking to work has been Russian Roulette with the rain at 5 to 6pm .  Plus the humidity , back of my head sweats .

It's a soggy start, it won't take much more rain to have us swimming. I wonder if the tatties are going to need watered this year? The sprinklers were used full tilt last year but not at all so far this year.

20190811_075727.thumb.jpg.0307744cd7f8371a1bb31eea8721f50d.jpg20190811_081322.thumb.jpg.a8814eec02c2f3528d66b416904a13ad.jpg20190811_075910.thumb.jpg.e3068186cd3bd61c9beb892ec4f6e53b.jpg20190811_081106.thumb.jpg.9676d41aeb2ca94c6937c4b092875bf9.jpg

A not unpleasant morning here. It's dull but bright and we seem to be avoiding the rain so far.

Pouring it down again, I was planning on going fishing later if the rain clears the west coast this afternoon.

39 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I wonder if the tatties are going to need watered this year? The sprinklers were used full tilt last year but not at all so far this year.

Highly unlikely but given all the rain and humidity the biggest problem is blight just because the farmers have not been able to spray them enough to keep it at bay.They are already burning them down and chopping the tops in my area leaving huge tracks as they do it.Very wet and 10c here

6 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Highly unlikely but given all the rain and humidity the biggest problem is blight just because the farmers have not been able to spray them enough to keep it at bay.They are already burning them down and chopping the tops in my area leaving huge tracks as they do it.Very wet and 10c here

They have killed off some of the plants in that field in my earlier picture, they must have been sprayed as it is around half the field in complete sections.

Good Morning all!

It’s bleak out there! 14c, chilly NNW wind and raining...sounds more like our normal Scottish Summer in August. 😀

Baby seagulls are enjoying it.

C33E38C3-531C-49E5-ADC5-9AC9DBC56C0F.thumb.jpeg.a6432c74746b9ca0e4896d72c134a62e.jpeg

Does not look as though any heat/thunderstorms will be returning in the short to medium term but some usable days of sunshine/showers and temperatures around 16/17c for the week ahead.

Not the best outlook but I really can’t complain after the Summer so far.

Enjoy yer Sunday!

Morning all.

Complete opposite of what I expected to wake up to this morning, as it is  dry, cloudy and calm.   Fife appears to be  'in the eye'   of this rotation?  Was up at five a.m. and looking at the radar,  nothing has moved.  A very red sky at that time though.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Fantastic pictures posted yesterday the cloud formations were incredible I've never seen the likes, sadly all the action was located about thirty miles away to the south, still we got to see a few flashes and heard lots of thunder...way better than the last few days.

I'm surprised that we've not seen an Amber warning for rain yet, particularly today given the persistent heavy rain on top of all the recent flooding. 

2 Flashes and 2 loud bangs yesterday and that was it. and today im in no mans land. 

This rain is pretty bad here. Doesn't look is moving very far according to the radar.

Rainfall totals are going to be ridiculous for this month if it keeps on like this.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard

Well we are out of the dry spot now as we have steady moderate rain.   Radar now looks to be filling up for these parts.

Radar says rain, skylight says no rain.