shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Boom, couple of loud rumbles of thunder heard 🙂

53E14477-D6FF-4FAF-B2DD-487F2BDC0784.thumb.jpeg.a335f6ffca91113db9db4910fcc0c750.jpeg

Got my storm so i'm happy. Might be more to come too (not that dark tho surprisingly)

23 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Boom, couple of loud rumbles of thunder heard 🙂

53E14477-D6FF-4FAF-B2DD-487F2BDC0784.thumb.jpeg.a335f6ffca91113db9db4910fcc0c750.jpeg

Bah, missing it. Driving back later but suspect they'll have died down. Nice photo! 

Flash of lightning and load thunder every 40-60 seconds 😄

startng to move away now 

Absolute quality! What a day so far!

40 minutes now of thunder and lightning to my North, West and overhead!

Glad to hear others are getting the same! 

FE440A75-5E1A-4DFF-A47C-4768555AA305.thumb.jpeg.65b2eda44d299536ff4b182e416ad03e.jpeg

Quite a bit of loud thunder . Not seen any lightning . Torrential rain roads are flooding! 

Good to see others joining in on the thundery action, anyone near Kilmarnock? looks like some decent hail / intense rain cores on the radar

Some great fork strikes hear and very intense rain, mum and dad still sitting in garden in sunshine in Dundee whilst my garden is now sailing in water and all the kids are now causing mayhem in the house after playing outside constantly last 2 weeks 🙄

11 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Good to see others joining in on the thundery action, anyone near Kilmarnock? looks like some decent hail / intense rain cores on the radar

Heard from relatives that its decent although I think the worst of the rain is missing them. Looks like it's training in on one area again so flooding will be an issue. (slightly west of A77 this time) 

11 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Heard from relatives that its decent although I think the worst of the rain is missing them. Looks like it's training in on one area again so flooding will be an issue. (slightly west of A77 this time) 

2 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Looks intense on the radar, bet anyone in Ayr has a great view of it closing in on them 

an appearance from @edo 😮 didn't expect to see you until the snowy season :santa-emoji: 

Posted (edited)

Photo from killie a short while ago. 

IMG-20190731-WA0004.jpg

Edited by Ross B

Posted (edited)

Still going here - 14:45 to 15:45 was immense! Sporadic since.

Rain didn’t arrive until just after 16:00.

33BE98ED-9348-48F2-9499-7364F9A7D0E0.thumb.png.807fd5d39ecfc1e4af8fd63af74128d6.png0C9045E5-A1ED-4408-885D-C145790A7C25.thumb.png.739ce14798e666f95f4289e6f8ff0906.png

37681AD2-08C5-4ADC-8AD0-0AF89CABDEAB.thumb.png.4edd527669b0250343e6663dc7066f89.pngA79CA6F5-74FD-4D8E-9E91-AEE6E29DEF3F.thumb.png.0ad18c81ccfd82a1dcfc7fdbbda417ee.png

E86DAAC1-1FA5-4349-BFA5-5D05168F00AF.thumb.jpeg.88c97f49eaddc29cdbc9aed67f5f30cd.jpegC4CF537E-9E4A-4CE0-B029-4166C2C83144.thumb.jpeg.1585d5670ddc831ef86407cb56609264.jpeg

Great picture @Ross B - saw this below on Twitter earlier. (Looks amazing down there currently - hopefully no bad flooding!)

Edited by Mr Frost

29 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Looks intense on the radar, bet anyone in Ayr has a great view of it closing in on them 

an appearance from @edo 😮 didn't expect to see you until the snowy season :santa-emoji: 

I don't ever post on here but ill make an exception for this, I was a mile outside of ayr and without question the most intense storm I have ever seen here. the lightning was frequent but the rain was just torrential. it had some very nice structure but the quality on my phone isn't good enough for decent photos. The power keeps going off for periods with every lightning strike and it's still going.

20190731_153617.jpg

6 minutes ago, snowlessayr said:

I don't ever post on here but ill make an exception for this, I was a mile outside of ayr and without question the most intense storm I have ever seen here. the lightning was frequent but the rain was just torrential. it had some very nice structure but the quality on my phone isn't good enough for decent photos. The power keeps going off for periods with every lightning strike and it's still going.

20190731_153617.jpg

Feel free to post more we are a friendly bunch and reports from all across Scotland are great to see 😀  great picture which shows the gust front nicely 👍

Just now, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Feel free to post more we are a friendly bunch and reports from all across Scotland are great to see 😀  great picture which shows the gust front nicely 👍

yeah I will thanks, quite a lot of reports of some bad flooding in Ayrshire and the a77 again. unsurprising really as the rain was so bad

Posted (edited)

I am jealous of all the action some of you are seeing today, hopefully we'll get to see plenty more pics 😀

It's a decent enough day here in between a couple of wee showers. July has been a funny old month. It has seemed wet but we're not going to reach 3 figures for precipitation. It's been warm during the day and roasting at night time. I am not sure what the sunshine figures will be but I will take a guess at above average.

Tattie field hasn't needed watered...yet:

20190731_165544.thumb.jpg.baeff78eeedce07328ab4f8ebe0d6992.jpg

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Meanwhile over in Crieff. 2 rumbles of thunder 2 short but heavy showers. looking at the radar it all seems to have gained in intensity once it passed over me.

A very large swathe of south Ayrshire is flooded to some degree, quite a few RTCs, Ayrshire daily news on Facebook has lots of photos and info on the flooding

10 minutes ago, snowlessayr said:

A very large swathe of south Ayrshire is flooded to some degree, quite a few RTCs, Ayrshire daily news on Facebook has lots of photos and info on the flooding

Yep, A77 and Dundonald flooded again! 

Can hear more distant thunder but no rain

You couldn't make it up. storms to the north storms to the east storms to the south and storms to the west. Crieff is a weather no mans land

Busy in here despite not being winter! 

Just in from work having missed all the fun at home. Pity it wasn't 3 hours later when I was at home. Quite a storm by all accounts, direct hit, severe thunder and lightning, and exceptionally heavy rain. 

Roads were a mess over the last few miles to the house with flooding, debris and parts where the water has ripped the surface up.