Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all.

Cloudy around Fife this morning but starting to warm up, Currently 16.6c here.   Would be nice to have a bit of sun before possible rain kicks in later.static_weathercams_php.thumb.jpg.9257f4fb7159cace07b0d0b9392a69d0.jpg

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 7

Posted

Little bit of rain but main bulk not reached..................YET! When this clears though the fun and games can begin. Tuesday night looking interesting ;)

• Like 3

Posted

Looking at the radar, the heavier precipitation (first batch) appears to be splitting north and south of Fife, leaving us with very light rain.   Seen this many times in the winter with snowfall.   Will see how the second batch performs.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Like 4

Posted

Saw the radar, grabbed the puppy for a run and some ball throwing around the park and jumped back in the car - and then it started pouring doon. Made it.

• Like 7

Posted
15 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

GFS is suggesting a warm week for many of us, but with rain at times it's going to be a sweaty mess:

1431232628_Screenshot_20190721-202549_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7ca1bc1a6a7f9915981234179e95c734.jpg1818143416_Screenshot_20190721-202613_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.aac299266ab26911cb911274daa0daf3.jpg164855342_Screenshot_20190721-202640_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d317dea0395aa5d1e50054e9fa9087f4.jpg666954216_Screenshot_20190721-202709_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e5e3e1d147568925781603c5240bf4f9.jpg1149326600_Screenshot_20190721-202742_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f5927da5b8a06afc7a67e3ee11f76fb5.jpg

Thank gawd I escaped from Kent before that lot hits!   Mid to sometimes high 20s for 3 weeks was enough for me. 

It might give you a chance to merge your white bits with your brown bits though Catch!:whistling:

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Any early news on the coming winter?? What's the QBO doing etc. Another wet day here, started off ok but now it looks like we are set for a fair bit of rain. Could be some fun and games mid week with some storms about.

• Like 3

Posted

Nice temps forecast here for the coming week in NE.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all

I am seeing quite a few forecasts now saying we (Scotland) are in for some big fireworks Tuesday night with the early hours of Wednesday being our main risk.

Temperatures of 19/20c in the early hours of Wednesday plus the Metoffice have the thunderstorm icon for that time also.

This could be quite something and overnight thunderstorms are always the best for a show!

Watch it all be a massive bust now!

Just one of the number of forecasts I have seen - let it be true!

0B8E5410-221B-442F-81C8-27EC8EAAD0E1.thumb.png.d5b93bde24b4aeb90c9aae87ffdff05c.png9AA1A029-5301-4121-B0C4-8031641B469A.thumb.png.9368a1e4fc695517c205e298765f0d27.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted

NE Scotland is now the storm capital of the UK...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Looking good @Mr Frost

This is my last week off work, I am heading up to Fort William later. The rain should hopefully ease up later on this evening then should be dry, bright and warm from Tuesday. I say should because you can never tell what the Scottish weather will throw at us, especially in the highlands . I am going to head over to Skye on Wednesday to do some camping and fishing for a couple of days. I really hope it stays dry during the day. I am not bothered about it being hot and sunny just as long as it’s dry. I am however looking forward to the possible thunderstorms during the early hours of Wednesday. 

Fingers crossed 

• Like 4

Posted

Wet over night here. dry for a bit but now super fine drizzle. probably my least favourite weather type. so far this summer the BBC has had me down for 2 big thundery spells and so far 1 tiny rumble or possible a lorry rolling past not sure, so i wont hold my breath. i do love a good thunder storm at night, thunder snaw is better tho.

• Like 4

Posted

Bright with sunny periods and feeling warm and humid.

• Like 4

Posted

The dull drizzle continues. tomorrow looks like a nice day and then the fun and games with the thunder storms will begin.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Mr Frost @Stormeh I will do my forecast tomorrow as still time for some position changes but summary is heat and sun helping to energize the atmosphere through tomorrow 25C + quite widely also warm dew points 17 C + so a ripe atmosphere for storms and a tough night for sleeping with temperatures staying close to 19 C, latest fax charts show a heat low developing over France before drifting north and moving through Scotland overnight / Wednesday morning  *again some changes still likely with fax charts*  20190722.0453.PPVG89.png 20190722.0453.PPVI89.png  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_low 

• Like 4

Posted

Breezy dull and odd spits of rain in the air. But the humidity is high so already uncomfortable to work in outside.Currently  22c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Here is another forecast quoted from the storm thread... (Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning)

52 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Based on current guidance..

1273761354_Screenshot2019-07-22at13_25_04.thumb.png.88516e94f9967a857d0902e7b9f19697.png

Storms initiating across South-West England giving torrential rain, thunder, lightning etc but as the storms move north they're likely to become increasingly elevated, moderate shear with the theta-ew plume destabalising further the highest risk of severe storms/MCS/possible tornadic activity looks to be across N Wales, NW Eng and up into E Scotland later in the night. 

Green area covers for likely eastwards expansion of the storms, less likely to have severe characteristics but torrential rain, gusty winds and semi-frequent lightning still a possibility. 

That is the dream for me - perfect setup and overnight/early hours.

@Stormeh If this comes off yer trip to Fort William will be one to remember! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 6

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Here is another forecast quoted from the storm thread...

I'm always on the poxy edge of things. we are looking to relocate to another part of Scotland. almost bagged a place in Leadhills but missed out. as you know i'm a snaw nut so advice welcome on the places to avoid as the last thing i want to do is move to a place where im gonna be left crying all winter. Basically i'm looking for areas that even in a poor winter i'm gonna see some snaw.

Posted

Warm and humid here - sun peeping through and currently dry.

Anxious for an update on the Saturday weather and what I have been viewing seems a tad conflicting?  Annoying really as I don't think we will be any clearer about the weekend until say Thursday?    Trouble is, indoors or outdoors requires different preparations and I for one don't fancy hanging  garden lighting to be peering at it through the window and the torrential rain.

Ach well, we're talking Scotland and its weather.....c'est la vie!:oldrolleyes:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Blitzen still uncertain for Saturday we may end up being in between higher and lower pressure so sun and a few showers would be my guess at the minute but the best bet until we get nearer would be to check the GEFS members for Lochgelly which are here - precip https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_table.php?x=0&y=0&lat=56.129391&lon=-3.30976&run=6&ext=fr&mode=3&sort=0 and temperature https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_table.php?x=0&y=0&lat=56.129391&lon=-3.30976&run=6&ext=fr&mode=7&sort=0 scroll down and you will see Saturday, hopefully these will give a rough idea, currently showing temps around 20 C and a few showing some precip probably in the form of showers 

• Like 4

Posted
38 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@Blitzen still uncertain for Saturday we may end up being in between higher and lower pressure so sun and a few showers would be my guess at the minute but the best bet until we get nearer would be to check the GEFS members for Lochgelly which are here - precip https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_table.php?x=0&y=0&lat=56.129391&lon=-3.30976&run=6&ext=fr&mode=3&sort=0 and temperature https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_table.php?x=0&y=0&lat=56.129391&lon=-3.30976&run=6&ext=fr&mode=7&sort=0 scroll down and you will see Saturday, hopefully these will give a rough idea, currently showing temps around 20 C and a few showing some precip probably in the form of showers 

Thanks KW...never knew such a thing existed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms
3 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Here is another forecast quoted from the storm thread... (Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning)

I am excited !! 

What a difference in how warm it feels out there now! 

• Like 2

Posted

Not necessarily a sunny day but defo a lot lot warmer than it has been recently and got tomorrow and maybe Thursday to come too but what will tomorrow nights or early Wednesday mornings thundery downpours do i wonder 

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Huntforsnow said:

I am excited !! 

What a difference in how warm it feels out there now! 

Me too but also wary that it may miss us all together while the Northeast/East get pummelled! 

We shall see! 

Yeah hit 23c here today - sun is beating down currently.

• Like 1