Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
17 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Missed us here. Nice and atmospheric with a few distance booms but nothing close and no heavy rain. Not sure why but when precipitation moves up from the south into our neck of the woods it often splits into two just before it gets here - happened again this afternoon with one half going west over Kinross, the other half going east over Freuchie.....and barely a graze in between.

Yes same here. Rain lasted a few minutes and radar now showing heavy rain to the East over the North Sea and another batch with lightning to the West of Perth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Kaboomboomboomboom repeatedly a few mins ago although the rain's fizzled out.

And now it's brightening up a bit. Temp down to 17C from a very pleasant 24C a couple of hours ago.

• Like 3

Posted

Had two active developing storms pass eight miles west of me and that very intense one passing over Gala now miss me by eight miles to the east. Electricity went off briefly, but just near misses to report so far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Numerous flashes, one right above us, with electricity flicking off a few times (we are rural). Bought of heavy rain with hail mixed in then it pretty much all just stopped dead. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I am over the east now just past Edinburgh. I am glad I did, amazing lightning and thunder

619A44CD-D4E7-4CFD-AA1D-05C002C6FBE0.thumb.jpeg.8ab9968c5b69f4049ad35c72cc8221fa.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Much closer here now with lightning now visible and huge melting hailstones.

TV signal gone and torrential rain. Frequent thunder but not directly overhead.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

2 CG strikes just knocked the power out here from a bigger storm than the first 

• Like 5

Posted

Rumbling getting more frequent here.  Sky to west getting inky black.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Second cell passed over us now, quite impressive by Scottish standards. From the radar it looks like that's it for us. 

• Like 1

Posted

Think that's our lot. Fun afternoon that's for sure although not as much rain as you would have thought

• Like 1

Posted

It was pretty intense for a while, with constant thunder. Rain was also torrential for a while but all but off & the thunder has been silenced barring the odd distant rumble.

Edited by Richard Taylor
  • Like 2

Posted

ANOTHER and biggest storm of the day moving through now with rain almost as heavy as Mondays storm so likely more flooding, loud thunder and hail, gutters were overflowing again, lost count of how many storms now 

• Like 3

Posted

Second storm here better than the first but nothing too extreme here.  I did see some c-c forked lightning.

• Like 2

Posted

Thunder still rumbling away here but not close. Intermittent brief heavy downpours 

• Like 2

Posted

More distant rumbling audible here in Aberdeen. Next one inbound, it is very dark to my S/SW again.

EDIT: Next storm has arrived.

EDIT2: That one didn't last long but the Radar looks.... interesting.

Edited by Richard Taylor
further update
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Another thunderstorm rolling through here - couple of lightning flashes and ear splitting thunder! So loud!

It has been going for ten minutes now - moving away shortly.

Sunshine trying to break through to my West.

6BF9354D-C1F1-4CE6-9EAC-48F7EE17A7B7.thumb.jpeg.3ea49c65700b506e0e6ed0e4f2fb3c04.jpeg

657BC868-B725-4102-9651-E4A4B308E872.thumb.png.ecea704310660c833e3235ef1f52346f.png

What a day! It’s been tremendous for quite a few of us! 

Keeping an eye on the line of storms currently in Northern Ireland.

B0BA21B3-2D8C-4F1D-80B1-8049034A9E30.thumb.png.1002f39699be157e9f59ea8372fabe73.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted

bad flooding here again I heard the fire engines rushing to help pump the water out.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Awesome storm this afternoon in dalry! Plenty fork lightning and rumbling thunder. 

Looking at radar hoping those storms setting up over Ireland make there way here.. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
15 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

Awesome storm this afternoon in dalry! Plenty fork lightning and rumbling thunder. 

Looking at radar hoping those storms setting up over Ireland make there way here.. 

Yeah - I’m really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Not much lightning on the storms currently - projected path looks like we are in with a big shout.

Sun is back out here and it feels muggy - currently 18c.

If all goes well we should get to see a few flashes and hear some rumbles between half 11 and midnight! Torrential downpour at the very least - would be the perfect end to this day! 

This is a screenshot of where the line of storms will be at 11:00 p.m. (Hopefully)

EFF38706-B5DE-4DD8-A356-CAAE4FCBFF83.thumb.png.0af794042a79bb4317749a92d270ec8e.png

Good to see @JoeShmoe @Stormeh @Richard Taylor @Kirkcaldy Weather (to name a few) experience thunderstorms today also. 

Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy are the new storm hotspots of Scotland! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4