Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Gorgeous day again, perhaps not the 23c we hit on Wed but breached 20.5c here. Nice wee breeze.

Shame i’m outside at a festival tomorrow in Edi and it’s about 10c cooler 😣

• Like 2

The perfect ending to 6 days of glorious warm and sunny Spring weather...taken five minutes apart.

B8A94DF6-F73F-46C8-9F9D-3B30B6AFFAEC.thumb.jpeg.6473138e19a7f6283b39271d8cbf1631.jpeg

80AB716C-620C-458A-A829-8F1413DDB41B.thumb.jpeg.b78045bd341306f306eedbc96a7422b4.jpeg

Hopefully the sun/warmth will return - sooner rather than later! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Before the sun fully went down had a very nice orange sky but a rainbow the other end (small burst of rain about that time) as it's got darker the rain has descended

• Like 1

Fire at Dunphail carried on all day in a fresh NE wind.   Small helicopter water bombed it all afternoon then this evening  the thud-thud of a chinook  could be heard and sure enough you could see one occasionaly next to the clouds of smoke. I think the flames were getting  near to some  houses and mature forests and more resources were probably brought in.

Cloud approaching from the east ,almost no wind now and  currently  9c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Damp chilly and drizzly. Big difference compared to much of the last week least we getting a bit of a variety of weather at long last though

• Like 1

Winds died completely. That could be important because any showers that do brew in the next few days may not budge

• Like 2

Damp misty start to the day at 9c.We had a lovely day yesterday with mostly light to moderate rain all day.Crops and grass already looking better

In spite of the rain the helicopters were still fighting  the fire most of Saturday morning and it is still smoking this morning

• Like 3

An overcast day with the sun attempting to break through the clouds with limited success; temp 13C, humid and a slight breeze from the S.

I see from the radar there is a cluster of heavy showers just to the north and west of my location.  The Meto forecast from Edzell Castle Pleasance does not predict thundery showers here, but it would not surprise me if heavy bursts bubble up this afternoon.

If it must rain, at least a crack of thunder would give added interest!