Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Gorgeous day again, perhaps not the 23c we hit on Wed but breached 20.5c here. Nice wee breeze.

Shame i’m outside at a festival tomorrow in Edi and it’s about 10c cooler ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh my life what an awesome snowy day!!! First thing......down to see how the Ballo is freezing over. It's getting there, but even the light snow on West Lomond looked the part: Then home fo

Best snow in years ? 2 1/2 inches before the met office issue a weather warning LOL a light cover at 7am started proper at 9 and still going, just about.

Strange weather here sleety rain and at times snow but general slow thaw before temperatures finally dropping this afternoon with snow setting in. First picture shows plenty of water funnelling down A

Posted Images

The perfect ending to 6 days of glorious warm and sunny Spring weather...taken five minutes apart.

B8A94DF6-F73F-46C8-9F9D-3B30B6AFFAEC.thumb.jpeg.6473138e19a7f6283b39271d8cbf1631.jpeg

80AB716C-620C-458A-A829-8F1413DDB41B.thumb.jpeg.b78045bd341306f306eedbc96a7422b4.jpeg

Hopefully the sun/warmth will return - sooner rather than later! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Before the sun fully went down had a very nice orange sky but a rainbow the other end (small burst of rain about that time) as it's got darker the rain has descended

• Like 1

Fire at Dunphail carried on all day in a fresh NE wind.   Small helicopter water bombed it all afternoon then this evening  the thud-thud of a chinook  could be heard and sure enough you could see one occasionaly next to the clouds of smoke. I think the flames were getting  near to some  houses and mature forests and more resources were probably brought in.

Cloud approaching from the east ,almost no wind now and  currently  9c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Damp chilly and drizzly. Big difference compared to much of the last week least we getting a bit of a variety of weather at long last though

• Like 1

Winds died completely. That could be important because any showers that do brew in the next few days may not budge

• Like 3

Damp misty start to the day at 9c.We had a lovely day yesterday with mostly light to moderate rain all day.Crops and grass already looking better

In spite of the rain the helicopters were still fighting  the fire most of Saturday morning and it is still smoking this morning

• Like 5

An overcast day with the sun attempting to break through the clouds with limited success; temp 13C, humid and a slight breeze from the S.

I see from the radar there is a cluster of heavy showers just to the north and west of my location.  The Meto forecast from Edzell Castle Pleasance does not predict thundery showers here, but it would not surprise me if heavy bursts bubble up this afternoon.

If it must rain, at least a crack of thunder would give added interest!

• Like 4

Dull and... actually not a bad day, about 17C max for a short while, now about 15C and has brightened up occasionally. The soil is nicely damp so plant growth is exuberant. I wonder if they shut down a bit in full sun for some reason as days like today always seem to be the best for growth. Perhaps the diffuse light is better?

• Like 2

There's a huge shower just to my north at the moment, only a few drops of rain here so far:

20190520_165346.thumb.jpg.14f7726e26e34813aac6f858e3c76c09.jpg20190520_165418.thumb.jpg.c61b63ea4fc5e9d064df2f751c1abf0e.jpg

@Hairy Celt please tell my grass to stop growing. It hasn't been that much wetter this year but the growth especially in the back garden is incredible:

20190520_165502.thumb.jpg.00531f2ca149aaddd018750c520f13b4.jpg

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 6
29 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Not had any rain here today so far - but of course that will end now since I was silly enough to say it out loud.

It won't rain here either, I've finished cutting the grass and taken the washing in.

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

There's a huge shower just to my north at the moment, only a few drops of rain here so far:

20190520_165346.thumb.jpg.14f7726e26e34813aac6f858e3c76c09.jpg20190520_165418.thumb.jpg.c61b63ea4fc5e9d064df2f751c1abf0e.jpg

@Hairy Celt please tell my grass to stop growing. It hasn't been that much wetter this year but the growth especially in the back garden is incredible:

20190520_165502.thumb.jpg.00531f2ca149aaddd018750c520f13b4.jpg

At least yours looks like grass - my lawn is mostly moss. Not that I'm bothered these days, no boys to play footie with any more. Nice picture of the blackbird (is it?)….  We've had clouds like your most of the day but no ACTUAL RAIN yet. Cue downpour as me and Ms HC head down to the lighthouse.

(Ok, dog owners - why does the onset of tourists coincide with scatterings of dog shits?)

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Quite a mild day with max of 16c accompanied by light winds.

Very wet though with moderate rain off and on all day, not complaining though as the garden was needing a good few days of rain.

Funny over the last couple of days albeit not brilliant blue skies has been relatively dry now as it's getting dark tonight..............we've got a shower

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

At least yours looks like grass - my lawn is mostly moss. Not that I'm bothered these days, no boys to play footie with any more. Nice picture of the blackbird (is it?)….  We've had clouds like your most of the day but no ACTUAL RAIN yet. Cue downpour as me and Ms HC head down to the lighthouse.

(Ok, dog owners - why does the onset of tourists coincide with scatterings of dog shits?)

I think it's a wood pigeon, flaps a lot but doesn't fly very well.

Only one of my three ever plays football, still worth having the garden ready though.

That big shower to my north yesterday afternoon dumped a decent amount of rain. The rainfall gauge at Abbey St Bathans recorded 15mm in an hour, that's quite a high rainfall rate:

265539911_Screenshot_20190521-094919_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9fd7b9d23ebdda0a1aea39aaa667b89e.jpg

• Like 1

Dark sky here now with some rumbles of thunder and a heavy shower.

Edit: Absolutely torrential rain and hail here now!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 4

The showers have turned heavier as they have moved east but here it's just about stayed dry and more or less been sunny all day (apart from a tiny 5 minute sprinkle)

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Dark sky here now with some rumbles of thunder and a heavy shower.

Edit: Absolutely torrential rain and hail here now!

Had a torrential shower here a few hours ago with a rumble of thunder and can see the cb's / showers over your way ?️

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Had a torrential shower here a few hours ago with a rumble of thunder and can see the cb's / showers over your way ?️

Had a wee 10min  storm here around an hour ago - torrential rain, hail and a couple of flashes and crashes.

Storm2.thumb.jpg.51831b7642b537104e1da7c620804a90.jpg

• Like 7