Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

just went below freezing here -0.1 C / DP -0.9 C 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

This is more like it...a nice crisp day, it actually felt cold all day just like winter should.

Ground temp reading a nice solid -4.2deg/C at 21:30hrs.

On the Beeb news it reported that the new December max temperature of 18.7deg/C had been recorded on the 28th - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-50961612  - something called the Foehn Effect caused this unusual heat, interestingly the previous highest temp of 18.3deg/C was recorded way back in 1948 also in December...this got me curious to see that the previous and following years weather had been like...looks like they had a Greta Thunberg climate change emergency end of the world in two weeks crap back then too. 

Weather Stat 1946.jpg

Weather Stat 1947.jpg

Weather Stat 1949.jpg

Weather Stat 1950.jpg

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well Happy New Year from Austria, Schladming literally has been exploding for the last few hours, with the last 15 mins being utterly nuts. If you think Guy Fawkes night is the epitome of fireworks then you should bring in the New Year in Austria as they outdo that tenfold. Couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
14 hours ago, Klippie said:

This is more like it...a nice crisp day, it actually felt cold all day just like winter should.

Ground temp reading a nice solid -4.2deg/C at 21:30hrs.

On the Beeb news it reported that the new December max temperature of 18.7deg/C had been recorded on the 28th - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-50961612  - something called the Foehn Effect caused this unusual heat, interestingly the previous highest temp of 18.3deg/C was recorded way back in 1948 also in December...this got me curious to see that the previous and following years weather had been like...looks like they had a Greta Thunberg climate change emergency end of the world in two weeks crap back then too. 

Weather Stat 1946.jpg

Weather Stat 1947.jpg

Weather Stat 1949.jpg

Weather Stat 1950.jpg

Right mate. Are you going to suggest that climate science pointing to runaway global climate change isn't accurate? Are you actually going to go there?

I believe the first link between carbon emissions and climate change was made around 1907 actually.

• Like 2

Posted

I believe climate change is happening faster than the experts are prepared to admit.One beast from the east makes not an ice age but rising global temperatures mean a return to the days of Ivan the Red,who visited Greenland when Greenland was green.

Posted

Is the global climate running away..???, are you saying its out of control heading for a disaster, what is the "normal" global climate is there records going back millions of years to compare to, do you know how long the climate cycles take from warm to cold and the effect the sun has on all this, there are countless factors that effect our global climate do we know for a fact that we know them all.

I do accept that all the co2 and methane thats being pumped out is an issue and to regulate these emissions would be a good idea but to claim a global emergency is bullshit, the earth biosphere has suffered far worse climate changes in its past and seems to be able to adapt very well.

As with a lot of other impending doom mongering its agenda driven and some even can show the statistics to justify their claims but as with all numbers statistics can be manipulated to show anything you like...right or wrong what is correct.

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I agree with Klippie though. But that's all I'm saying on it, already been enough arguments about this on other forums. Humans will sit around arguing forever about things which isn't really a lot of use

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Just popping in to say Happy New Year - very disappointed to find human enhanced climate change deniers in this forum, never thought I'd hear the likes!! Boo to you all, it's that kind of denial of science that will be the undoing of us all.  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

There's a nasty smell in here attracting the flies...

<opens a window>

Ah, that's better.

Cracking day here again although a stiff breeze coming over the firth has delayed some planned gardening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I'm not being confrontatinal or rabid about it HC, I don't know know enough. I do know that weather is changing, seasons are moving, but I think well maybe it has done this before and we just didn't know... like when the Vikings found Greenland it was green, and then there's the medieval mini ice age, etc etc. I definitely do think we need to prep for this and learn how to deal with it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Can we please leave any climate change arguments to the relevant part of the forum? Bear in mind even there only  scientific based arguments are allowed. Thanks.

Here milder and mostly cloudy today with the frost lifting just after the bells. Max was 6.4C .

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
27 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

This is like saying, you can only talk about X in the study, or Y in the toilet. Playground rules.:wallbash:

Hi HC. Forum rules are that climate change debates (arguments) outside of the climate change area will be moderated as they derail threads and end up with endlessly repeated opposing viewpoints. Any problems or alternative views take to the contact the team area where they will be considered.

Thanks

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Don’t know about climate change but I wish the weather would change.

6.2c moderate breeze yawn ? 

• Like 8

Posted

Plain old day today and rather pleasant...but a bit stormy in here it would seem, winter has shown its face it would appear there are a few snowflakes about after all.

Apologies for posting about climate change I had no idea it wasn't allowed...what else isn't allowed for future reference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
28 minutes ago, Klippie said:

Plain old day today and rather pleasant...but a bit stormy in here it would seem, winter has shown its face it would appear there are a few snowflakes about after all.

Apologies for posting about climate change I had no idea it wasn't allowed...what else isn't allowed for future reference.

Politics, sex and violence are areas to be wary of.  So say all you like about the drizzle and all is well.  I've not tried saying anything about football recently so it's hard to say what the score is here.

WTF is winter hiding?

• Like 5

Posted

Milder day in theory at a max of 6c but the brisk wind made it feel anything but, distinctly baltic feeling...

Dry though and long spells of hazy sunshine.

Plenty people enjoying a bracing walk around Castle Fraser, grass definitely got that lush spring look to it; its been a strange winter so far. 

image.thumb.png.3afd475b8585c4e971a1c4c0f1acf849.png

image.thumb.png.b23c055da0c0f46e7ce2e14dad0a7692.png

image.thumb.png.30dc60c0f20b22bce98abe205637b45c.png

• Like 9