Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
55 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

@scottish skier - what's Gaelic for nondescript though? Pish? Clisgeadh?

Be a while before I get there in duolingo!

I'm only just at 'Tha IRN BRU math'.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Defo a change in the feel outside. and ive had to put my heating on..

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

The fact that this thread has been on the go for almost 12 months solid suggests that 2019 has been a dreadfully boring weather year.

Last notable events I can think of were the heatwave in early summer 2018 (32c in Glasgow!!) and the Beast from the East in March that year.

We had two hot days in summer 2019. 25th July and the last weekend in August. This winter has been boring , not  a flake of snow yet.

Posted

Cooler day today with a max of 7c.

Dreich, miserable wet morning but dry and bright in the afternoon with a keen breeze.

Some of the fields round here have put on good growth the last few days, noticeably greener - much to the delight of the local goose population.

Just waiting for a cacophony of shotguns in response (interesting story related to this from Orkney last week - link). 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

No dew formed on the car this morning its been a long time since that's happened...the temp has been dropping away all day the ground temp around 22:00 was -0.5deg/C so much colder than last night.

This is an interesting site if anyone fancies a look around - https://www.severe-weather.eu/

• Like 5

Posted

That's more like it this morning! Frosty and cold. Edinburgh airport reporting -3c although not as cold as that here.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Terrible dreich days recently. Saturday night into Sunday morning temp axed out at 14.6c. Also had a blast of wind at 60.6mph at 4.30am same day followed by lots of wet stuff. Skies cleared last night, been a while since I've seen starry skies! Current temp is a welcome 2c. It won't last unfortunately. Pity, it would have been nice to end the year with some frost. Hope you all have a great New Year and that we get at least one snow day this winter! Slainte! 

• Like 9

Posted

What a difference a day makes, stunning blue sky and that burning ball of light is back again. might have to cut the grass today tho. ive never cut the grass between October and April before. this winter is seriously F**CKED UP...

• Like 9

Posted
7 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

What a difference a day makes, stunning blue sky and that burning ball of light is back again. might have to cut the grass today tho. ive never cut the grass between October and April before. this winter is seriously F**CKED UP...

My gardeners are due out after new year to cut the grass and remove the leaves and other assorted crap that's gathered around the drive, paths and patios. I don't recall having to get the grass cut during winter since I built this house in 2004.

Absolutely stunning day, clear blue skies, calm and cold at 0C.

• Like 9

Posted

Nineteenth air frost at -3.4°C. Just up above freezing at 12.35pm. Marv.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Overnight low of -0.5 C here now 6.0 C and ☀️

Wish I could of experienced that

image.jpg
WWW.FIFETODAY.CO.UK

As 1978 came to an end the new year arrived with Fife subjected to some of the worst winter weather for may years.

archives-1978-12-31-0-0.thumb.png.717b478a74c23a7504744eb291d4751a.pngarchives-1978-12-31-0-1.thumb.png.e0d7f89c4f0e47ca1da0bf3e095666b5.pngarchives-1978-12-31-12-0.thumb.png.0dbfbb3a683e9dd6852a87807a2728fd.pngarchives-1978-12-31-12-1.thumb.png.4fd316dd1dc9fdf99eff5038c5dc6365.png 

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 7

Posted

Beautiful outside, the sun feels rather warm, went to Turriff tesco to get some last min bits, wow it was busier than xmas eve. was even a que for the barbers so came home and got the mach 3 out and did it myself. all smooth and shiny again. Happy New year to all you wonderful folk here in this thread, lets hope the new year starts with some new hope for SNAW for all..well at least us lot north of the border.

• Like 9

Posted
18 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Overnight low of -0.5 C here now 6.0 C and ☀️

Wish I could of experienced that

image.jpg
WWW.FIFETODAY.CO.UK

As 1978 came to an end the new year arrived with Fife subjected to some of the worst winter weather for may years.

archives-1978-12-31-0-0.thumb.png.717b478a74c23a7504744eb291d4751a.pngarchives-1978-12-31-0-1.thumb.png.e0d7f89c4f0e47ca1da0bf3e095666b5.pngarchives-1978-12-31-12-0.thumb.png.0dbfbb3a683e9dd6852a87807a2728fd.pngarchives-1978-12-31-12-1.thumb.png.4fd316dd1dc9fdf99eff5038c5dc6365.png 

I remember the winter of 1979 like it was yesterday. I was in my final year of primary school in Aberdeen. The snow and cold hung around for weeks, we made a monster ice slide in the playground which seemed to last forever. The single story building in the centre of the playground had 3 foot iceless hanging from the entire perimeter of the roof which we used to break off and eat. It's a shame the kids struggle to experience a proper winter these days.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Same here, almost - minimum of 1.5C under a clear sky and no frost.  Must have been some residual heat after the last few days' heatwave.

Here's to some snow although the models don't inspire optimism. Australia looks well and truly Similar to a young bullsed, and they have resources to look after affected people. What happens when poorer countries get wiped out by rising sea level, storms, fires, etc.? Eh? EH? Oh, no, Tory and SNP gov'ts will just carry on pretending nothing's changing. Happy New Year.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 7