Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Not quite as warm here as some places but still mild with a max if 8.2C.  Mostly dry with a little brightness at times. 
I know that memories are selective as we get older but I would have loved a chart like this for tomorrow. Brought me heavy snow showers blowing in on a strong Easterly and made it fun getting home from my works night out.

4B5C747F-3346-4BD4-9821-491FB05E9348.gif

• Like 9

Posted

Days getting longer, polyanthus and bulbs putting on growth, current night-time temperature of 9.5c.  Yep, winter's over and it's now Spring 2019 redux... 

Very mild dry day.  A max of 11c in the afternoon accompanied by a brisk wind and with some hazy sunshine in the morning it most definitely felt springlike.

Made the trip to the Aberdeen Christmas Village feel a bit incongruous - boy what a ripoff that was  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

In the mid 80's I remember there was a very mild spell in Febuary so its not uncommon having these temps but it is unusual all the same, was it not last winter we had a stubborn Azores High Pressure feeding warm air across the Atlantic bringing us all that manky grey damp weather for what seemed like weeks, it took a bit of shifting then we got the cold at the tail end of the winter.

Fingers crossed that pattern doesn't repeat.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Possible brief cold blast next Friday into Saturday according to the latest GFS. Obviously most of us are looking for a more prolonged spell of cold weather as the last few weeks have been horrible for cold and snow.

BE622667-68F9-4718-A77C-D1C89311A47D.thumb.png.c67a0071dccece91965f688aaf7d3a4c.png

Later on the GFS is hinting at a more cold and snowy outlook as we head into the second week of January.

7436FE31-5928-434B-A732-68202E1897D2.thumb.gif.f96c99cb87b885a0655420e028c2146f.gif

I really hope it’s onto something as we deserve a good dumping of snow.

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 5

Posted

A bit of a dawn chorus this morning from the local  bird life ,still 12.5c with strong southerly wind. Seeing dry ground appear in the flower borders round the house.

RH of 59%

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Here you go guys , just from the Met office, anyone dare to post in the model forum and keep them quiet ... they hate seeing this in Winter 

37E78BFE-3143-4A93-8844-E77D578B34BC.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
11 hours ago, Stormeh said:

Possible brief cold blast next Friday into Saturday according to the latest GFS. Obviously most of us are looking for a more prolonged spell of cold weather as the last few weeks have been horrible for cold and snow.

BE622667-68F9-4718-A77C-D1C89311A47D.thumb.png.c67a0071dccece91965f688aaf7d3a4c.png

Later on the GFS is hinting at a more cold and snowy outlook as we head into the second week of January.

7436FE31-5928-434B-A732-68202E1897D2.thumb.gif.f96c99cb87b885a0655420e028c2146f.gif

:oldrofl:

• Like 2

Posted

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. The past few days here has been mixed some dry with sunshine like on Christmas day and others dull, cloudy with rain like yesterday. Very mild today it's currently 10c the warmest day we've had since the 10th of December.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
12 hours ago, Stormeh said:

It's my birthday second week of Jan, snow would be a great present. 

Sunny, mild and spring like here today. The boiler's taken the hump and is refusing to give us hot water (heating is working just no hot water from the taps). Our fabulous 24 hour cover guarantee has changed to an aim so no engineer until Friday. Cold showers it is ❄️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Lovely day it’s been...so mild that I was outside polishing the car, the garage thermometer never dropped below 9.7deg/C all day, when the sun went down a little bit of cloud came over and just for fun pointed an infra red thermometer up there 5.6deg/C normally it shows way below freezing, the ground temperature read 7.9 deg/C, with cloud temps this warm we’ll not be seeing any of the white stuff any time soon.

• Like 4

Posted

Another spring day, max of 11.1c so not any higher really than yesterday - the strong SW wind to blame there, as definitely stronger than yesterday.

Other than that, dry with occasional brief spells of hazy sunshine - looked like there was more sunshine over towards the NW so the Moray area looked like the place to be.

Edit - Yep, Lossiemouth had higher temperatures (Met Office WOW site).  The consistency of the temperature there over the last 24 hours is impressive.

image.thumb.png.dbe8ac5c4b2846552670575baf0738eb.png

Edited by Quinach
Added Lossiemouth data
  • Like 4

Posted

Morning all,

Some remarkable mildness over the last couple of days. Readings for Leuchars show the lack of diurnal variation, more typical of an easterly in these parts. 

TGFTP.NWS.NOAA.GOV

National Weather Service Home page. The starting point for official government weather forecasts, warnings, meteorological products for forecasting the weather, and...

The exceptional warmth lends today with a frost forecast for tonight.

• Like 3

Posted

Very dark today! Not convinced the sun has bothered to rise - and who can blame it! Struggled to get out of bed myself! 

• Like 8

Posted

^^ Yes and now steady drizzle hereabouts. Not very inviting.

Not been over the door since boxing day due to a flu-like illness and bronchitis, ( reminds me of NL's calves) nae energy now, and the septic tank is not functioning properly - I wonder if this is because of the high water-table. Anyway, a drain person is supposed to be coming today, but I'm not confident that he will actully turn up until later in the week.

Feel like cancelling NY.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

The fact that this thread has been on the go for almost 12 months solid suggests that 2019 has been a dreadfully boring weather year.

Last notable events I can think of were the heatwave in early summer 2018 (32c in Glasgow!!) and the Beast from the East in March that year.

• Like 2

Posted

Temperatures on the slide, currently 5C as the sun sets. Stove is back in service after a few days break. Looks frosty for the bells tomorrow, so that's a positive.

• Like 3