Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
39 minutes ago, tiff said:

Big dry flakes falling in braemar now

20191216_114401.jpg

Great caravan site there, I stop often during the Winter as open all year round.

• Like 5

Posted

Did notice the roofs seemed a tad white this morning not sure tho if that was snow or ice. I missed it either way whatever it was

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, howham said:

You must have got some funny looks 

Autocorrect

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, tiff said:

Big dry flakes falling in braemar now

20191216_114401.jpg

Snow started here an hour ago, slight dusting around the house. The hills are looking much whiter than they did this morning.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

Great caravan site there, I stop often during the Winter as open all year round.

I'm a warden here, say hello next time you visit!

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely morning, sunny with light winds and below freezing - everything covered by a sheet of ice though.

Clouded over by 1pm, accompanied by a rise in temperature to a balmy 0.9c. 

Now raining, this seems to be falling as sleet/snow at slightly higher altitude as the hills around Tillyfourie are getting white (200m+).

• Like 6

Posted
52 minutes ago, tiff said:

I'm a warden here, say hello next time you visit!

The lady that lives in the caravan who runs the shop has some lovely dogs.. I think she used to show them some years ago?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
8 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

The lady that lives in the caravan who runs the shop has some lovely dogs.. I think she used to show them some years ago?

She left some time ago. All new managers and staff this year. We have a daft basset though...

Heavy rain now, roads are really slippy. 1.3c

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, bigsnow said:

Raining..

I was rather enjoying watching the snowfall here. As you noted, large flakes as well. Now its turned to heavy rain at 1C. We cant catch a break with winter so far.

• Like 6

Posted

Very dark afternoon with sleet and rain falling on frozen surfaces, very slppery out there currently    1.5c

• Like 4

A cloudy day here with the sun trying to come out but it remained mostly dull. It rained in the morning and was heavy at times then it dried up later in the afternoon becoming a bit brighter. The temperature last night got down to 2.1c and has since then risen gradually all day to 5.3c just after 4pm. There's still plenty of snow on top of the hills though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Quite heavy snowfall here for a time with a covering, now sleet and very slushy out there. None too bothered as we're not locked into a cold pattern so wouldn't have lasted anyway, but was lovely to see! 

• Like 6

Posted

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, NUT said:

Did notice the roofs seemed a tad white this morning not sure tho if that was snow or ice. I missed it either way whatever it was

Might well have been hail or graupel.  There was a torrential deluge of icy pellets rattling off the window here at about 1.30am. Made the ground white anyway, and some of it was still around this morning.

Some slippery pavements and car parks this morning, with sleet and icy rain falling on frozen ground.

Edited by Spindrift2017
  • Like 3

Posted

Some wintry scenes on the SAIS blog during the first few days of this year’s avalanche forecasting service!

WWW.SAIS.GOV.UK

The SAIS publish daily reports of observed and forecast, avalanche, snow, and mountain conditions for the 5 most popular mountain areas of Scotland, with a continuing pilot period for the Torridon area

spacer.png

• Like 7

Posted

• Like 5

Posted

Drove through a swathe of N Central Scotland today (via Aberdeen) to Cowal. Rainy it was with an occasional splodge of sleet in Glen Ogle and the Arrochar area. The temp was a fairly consistent 2-3C. Lying surface water was a hazard and the fields appear totally waterlogged. The snow line seems quite high hereabouts but I'll get a better view in the morning.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Gloomy morning here - low cloud and light showers.

Snow has took a hammering up on the higher hills - snow line now up at 500 meters (patchy) - imagine still a good cover on the Munros.

A8E3886C-A09E-41A0-8A2A-F7FBD152976E.thumb.jpeg.a2484a6099ffc54e5398da60a7d72cae.jpeg

Sunshine late morning/afternoon with a frost tonight so not all bad.

Have a good day everyone!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8