Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
36 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Cloudy and cold start 0C.

Snow overnight for the local hills - 300m asl.

A smattering of snow on some surfaces at my house this morning, at just over 200m asl. Looks like irlts going to be a cold start to the week here (temp range between 2 & -2C according to Yr.no), before another milder blip starts around Thursday (up to a whopping 6C). 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Yesterday, sleet, hail and rain. Today, see yesterday for details!  Away you lot wi' yer SNAW! Me? In the huff? Never!!?️?️☂️

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Ravelin said:

A smattering of snow on some surfaces at my house this morning, at just over 200m asl. Looks like irlts going to be a cold start to the week here (temp range between 2 & -2C according to Yr.no), before another milder blip starts around Thursday (up to a whopping 6C). 

Aye, looking good for cold and dry conditions until midweek. Thurs - Sat looks cloudy and wet, possibly very wet.

The week after? Who knows.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Certainly sunny here but very icy. Current temp -0.7C.

6B8ABC62-F3B3-43F5-A806-C6A3245D1383.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
12 hours ago, Weegaz said:

That’s class, what times the next one due out? 

About every 45 mins I receive new sat images. Some are not always of the Uk but further afield. Here's the very latest ones attached. It's kind of retro now as more sophisticated software is out there but for free fun it's still kinda cool

noaa15.jpg

noaa18.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Constant very short light snow showers passing through here, clouds racing eastwards.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Hammered with sleet up at 98 meters earlier - snow line has dropped to 300 meters.

Wintry showers passing through from my SW - still can’t get a clear view of the higher Munro’s. (Beinn Ime for example)

A80E24D5-DD99-4592-AAE6-C57487BED10F.thumb.jpeg.50b0c2afdf7e0ea13315e79e8ffac5c8.jpeg5FF17049-A680-49BC-86A5-B7DDF1D2DE0A.thumb.jpeg.4000580f4057706d8f4414744804ab81.jpegE8E080FC-70FE-4817-AB84-594012221C68.thumb.jpeg.3a4183c4e38d03574f634c7c0555da84.jpegFCCCFF24-507A-4B0A-A8BF-0EC80566DF5E.thumb.jpeg.59f42763e0d94055a059d2c3fb0ce13e.jpeg63DB9458-5E6D-4841-8FF2-03271538196C.thumb.jpeg.890ce21c14761ced7dd59774a6383e74.jpegF369E1AB-76DF-486B-AC59-DC2C84FF47AE.thumb.jpeg.0e7020ee7e169855209bd546f05b8cbe.jpeg35C5C33E-7248-4480-A9B3-CB4EE3F1FDCC.thumb.jpeg.b8783dd3fe5d56d2f2881d498cefb509.jpeg

Here is the Lawers range from the SW. Snowline about 800 feet there which has gone up a little overnight.

D6F9EE6E-6C9B-4434-A613-C3B6FDEFA44A.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

Afternoon all,

Wish I was out and about instead of nursing a hangover!

4c/2c here in NE Fife and we now have intermittent sunny spells.

• Like 4

An improvement from yesterdays wet and windy weather today has been dry with some sunny intervals and a calmer wind. The temperature last night got down to 1.9c and this afternoon up to 3.9c. The snow on the hills increased overnight probably the most I've seen on them so far this winter.

snow on hill.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
29 minutes ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

For good reason. The model outputs are dire. 

I've never seen you and crewecold in the same room..... Just saying 

Seriously though yup it is not great but I don't subscribe to its complete doom for weeks guaranteed. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just great, wet windy and horrible for xmas. O fabby.  I woke up at midnight to see huge lovely snowflakes pelting doon in the streetlight, but this morning it's all vanished and is just wet

• Like 8

Posted
On 14/12/2019 at 11:28, CatchMyDrift said:

Potential for someone to get 4 inches off the blob, my money is on @shuggee

376922056_Screenshot_20191214-112619_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cb2d30e3ffc6e9eaff023207bd3eaaff.jpg

Grand shout by @Kirkcaldy Weather previously, maybe yesterday?

I've been away! Left 5am Saturday to drive to EDI and in West Linton you couldn't see the road for all the snow. Was a 30mph job.

Home last night and there was a smattering of snow on the ground/grass but nowhere else and it was spitting with sleet. Same this morning.

Seventeenth air frost Sunday am and Sunday pm at -1.0C.

• Like 8

Posted

What a mix of conditions this morning. Rain, sleet, snow, sheet ice and a bit of hill fog thrown in. 

Strangely, the snow lying didn't seem to be determined by elevation. Rain at home but snow at considerably lower elevations on way to work. Even higher parts of run to work were snow free. 

Roads catching a lot of people out as they look wet in the rain but were actually sheet ice. Glad I put some winter tyres in last week!

• Like 5

Posted
9 hours ago, edo said:

I've never seen you and crewecold in the same room..... Just saying 

Seriously though yup it is not great but I don't subscribe to its complete doom for weeks guaranteed. 

I've tried to contribute in there before, but my messages always disappear even if they're relevant to model output. Weird. 

So I bring the cold hunt moans to the Scotland chat. 

We still have January and February, and I'd be very surprised if we don't see snow falling at some point before winter is over. 

Edited by edinburgh_1992
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

I've tried to contribute in there before, but my messages always disappear even if they're relevant to model output. Weird. 

So I bring the cold hunt moans to the Scotland chat. 

We still have January and February, and I'd be very surprised if we don't see snow falling at some point before winter is over. 

Yes it's a very closed shop the MT.... I used to like bigsnow going in there and causing chaos 

Jerked my bag about 3 times walking the dog this morning as I slipped on ice.... My own fault heading out in my work shoes... Doh 

• Like 6

Posted

Its rapidly turning into a cracking winter day. Looks like the valley hills to the west have caught some overnight snow.

View from the garden, looking west.

During the winter of 2009/10, the garden fence, 1.7 meters, was completely buried under snow.

20191216_110238.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 5

Posted
33 minutes ago, edo said:

Jerked my bag about 3 times walking the dog this morning 

You must have got some funny looks 

• Like 2