Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I lived very close to the White Cart Water in Glasgow when I was a kid, the section through Pollok Park was always a favourite. The river used to flood regularly so not a favourite for those who lived beside it. I also worked in Paisley at Anchor Mill next to the Hamills for a while not long before I moved down here. A very urban river in places not without plenty of nice parts but it could be a fearsome sight in full spate.

Not a particular fan of the Pollok Park section and most of the river through residential areas has been walled to protect against flooding which simply serves to make it more forceful after significant rainfall.

Heavy rain and almost dark already (although sunset is in about 20 minutes anyway). Had a lamp on for the past hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Rain started mid morning, gently at first, then added big spots, then increased in frequency and with heavy bursts. What a crap day.

• Like 6

Posted

Absolutely teaming down and quite a bit more to come going by the radar too

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all, sorry not been online for a while, new job got me on the road a while to sort some stuff out. Absolutely dreadful few days, wet windy and just general muck, but I take it the colder weather is set to return. Hope everyone is doing well, and ready for some festivities. Some white stuff wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 8

Posted

Horrendous night, just hyrdroplaned really badly for what felt like ages through a flood on the A77 which woke me up!  Roads have turned into rivers with loads of flooding around, wouldn't be surprised to hear of some of the floods starting to impact property given the torrential rain continues. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Horrendous night, just hyrdroplaned really badly for what felt like ages through a flood on the A77 which woke me up!  Roads have turned into rivers with loads of flooding around, wouldn't be surprised to hear of some of them floods starting to impact property given the torrential rain continues. 

Glad you are here to inform the forum! Being out of control in any mode of transport is unnerving! 

It has been pretty bad rain wise in the Southside of Glasgow since this afternoon. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Rangers v Celtic cup final at Hampden is called off. The pitch wasn’t coping well during the recent Scotland game against San Marino. That rain was over a shorter time scale and more intense but this is heavy and over a much longer period. Minimum there will be a pitch inspection.

My nephew has his first driving lessson in Shawlands just before kick off so if it cancelled it might not be a bad thing.

• Like 4

Posted
29 minutes ago, chemikal said:

Glad you are here to inform the forum! Being out of control in any mode of transport is unnerving! 

It has been pretty bad rain wise in the Southside of Glasgow since this afternoon. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Rangers v Celtic cup final at Hampden is called off. The pitch wasn’t coping well during the recent Scotland game against San Marino. That rain was over a shorter time scale and more intense but this is heavy and over a much longer period. Minimum there will be a pitch inspection.

My nephew has his first driving lessson in Shawlands just before kick off so if it cancelled it might not be a bad thing.

Thanks, yes, probably the worst that's ever happened to me and I've driven through much heavier rain. I could do nothing about it though given darkness and you couldn't see the edges of the water since it went all the way across the road (dual carriageway). 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

scary stuff @Ross B hope you are okay.  Welcome back @Cheggers 

Some interest for those of you in the west tomorrow morning (roughly 9 am) through tomorrow afternoon with some decent CAPE moving in off the Atlantic bringing the risk of thundery showers with hail.  A very rough map from me image.thumb.png.5daccf031c284f0976fdbdcc836bffaf.png @Mr Frost might be some for you ?️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
3 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Evening all, sorry not been online for a while, new job got me on the road a while to sort some stuff out. Absolutely dreadful few days, wet windy and just general muck, but I take it the colder weather is set to return. Hope everyone is doing well, and ready for some festivities. Some white stuff wouldn't go amiss.

Welcome back

You have missed epic discussions 

What's your favourite river 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Morning Kilties. Horrible wild night here until about I think 4am, then things went quiet. Now very still, no wind and no rain. But not poked wee nose ootside yet so canny see what's going on.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Utterly crappy weekend weatherwise, stair-rod rain and big blustery winds. One of my weather stations is showing an outside temp of 29.2c. New batteries put in the sensor a fortnight ago so clearly something amiss somewhere! Tuesday looks like an interesting day, eh? Better make sure everything is tied down outside before then. 

River Sligachan was like a wee dried up burn last Tuesday. Been a while since I've seen it like that, last summer I think. What a difference a few days make! If you like white water rafting that's the place to go today! Also the waterfall at Clach na Beinn on the road up from Broadford looked a bit mad yesterday, so I guess it'll be worse than a white raging torrent today!

• Like 6

Posted

Cooling down this morning at 5c after a very windy night and quite a bit of rain from yesterday afternoon onwards.Patching farm track yesterday as potholes getting bigger.The track is always a good indicator of the weather we have had as the wet autumn this year has really made the potholes grow.

Shower clouds to thewest taking on that yellow colour suggestive of snow coming from them and sure enough Glencoe webcams are showing fresh snow falling.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wow what a beautiful morning. blue sky sunshine and mild.. wind is a bit of a pain but cant have everything can we.. looks like a rough week ahead, my snaw symbols keep getting taken away and pushed back. mad house is up and down again with doom and gloom never far away.

• Like 7

Posted

Getting pummelled with shower after shower here underfoot probably pretty saturated after that rain yesterday and these showers 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hi all!   Been a while.

Glug, glug, glug!   Jings, there's some amount of rain been falling here since yesterday afternoon (of the monsoon type.)   Garden now has slight flooding.

Who knows what we can expect this year eh?   Surfing anyone?

Currently 3.7c WSW/SW

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Cracking winter day up here, sunny, strong winds and 5C. No sign of snowfall for the surrounding hills, but the ski resorts have had fresh cover overnight.

20180514_151644.jpeg
WWW.CAIRNGORMMOUNTAIN.CO.UK

Discover our wide range of on-mountain webcams, to help plan your slope-side adventures in advance!

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Torrential rain here with a big clap of thunder a few moments ago. Where is the snaw?? Please tell me it’s not going to be a boring wet and windy winter 

There was talk of the Rangers and Celtic game being called off today. The Hampden pitch was in terrible condition a few weeks ago when Scotland were playing so it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 5

Heavy showers here last night and that's when the wind picked up the highest gust so far today is 55mph reported at 9am. Today so far isn't as dull compared to yesterday with better visibility that being said its still cloudy with heavy showers about and a lot more windy.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Wow what a night ! Lashing rain and wind , followed by hefty lashing rain for most of the day so far ! 

outlook seems very windy and Tuesday is just grim (maybe some snow?)

Lovely to be back . 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Proper blowy here in Braemar,  loads of rain through the night. Glad I managed to reseal my rooflight last week or it would have been dripping all night.some snow on the tops of the hills round about and the wind has gotten much colder.10 mins outside and that was enough for me. 3 degrees now but feels much colder. We open again on Friday,  here's hoping for snow to bring in the skiers.

Drove to oban and back yesterday and the roads were terrible, so much water. ...and potholes..

Edited by tiff
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heavy showers getting through to here too from the West. Just wish as many got through when cold enough for snow!

Temp fell from 9.7C at midnight to 3.7C this morning. Now 4.8C so not surprised that the higher hills are white again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Quite breezy here since last night, nothing but a bog standard gale for the most part but it did get up to about 50mph for a time around midnight.Plenty of showers too.

• Like 3