Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Given the political mess that is the UK at the moment, I'm going to predict significant snow on election day. Just in Scotland though, maybe Northern England, as that would produce maximum fallout if voters can't get to the polling stations. 

Back to reality and the present, I had ice on the car windscreen this morning with temps of 2C, and it was 0C when I got home again. The intervening day wasn't half bad, being dry and even bright at times. Soil still frozen solid under the immediate soggy top layer too. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

It's unravelling already in the 18z apparently.... Still looking good for cold spell up here.... I have backed under 60 per cent turn out at election at 8/1 as so many cold charts keep popping up for that day........ And given the absolute mess the kingdom has been in would not be the slightest bit surprised for this "misfortune" to happen.  Bring it on I say 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, edo said:

It's unravelling already in the 18z apparently.... Still looking good for cold spell up here.... I have backed under 60 per cent turn out at election at 8/1 as so many cold charts keep popping up for that day........ And given the absolute mess the kingdom has been in would not be the slightest bit surprised for this "misfortune" to happen.  Bring it on I say 

I looked at this but what put me off is thinking about the distribution of the population with a huge swathe of the population being in London and the South-East and with the models throwing a wobbly in terms of cold and snow down south, I've basically sh*tttttt out it  

Even if all of Scotland was snowed in, there is still 3.5 million more people in london alone than the whole of Scotland, so I bottled it. 

But in terms of politics, with so many people being fed up, coupled with a miserable day weather wise, then there's bound to be a shout for it so good luck!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I hope we dont get snow or intense cold on the 12th, we need every vote we can get to clear out of this mess we are in.

Nice breezy mild morning out there when I went to put the bins oot. Pitch dark though, really black.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

its all gone tits up in the mad house unless you live in Scotland... oh wait hang on we do live in Scotland...

• Like 8

Posted

Aye Mardatha i hear you but i fear that this election will improve very little for us but hey ho let it snow let it snow let it snow

Nice one big snow we do live in this beautiful country snowland ...... woops i mean scotland 

• Like 3

Posted

Maybe we should just build a wall... oh hang on. GFS 6Z rolling out. im putting on my tin hat and going in the mad house to see whats going down. hopefully it will be the 850's....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

E7DA0FFF-6FF3-4578-A4B8-664896D112CF.thumb.gif.c454e1f3a73781a7954ad0fc1d34768e.gifYikes  should I be worried about my weather this morning???

B22B4A9A-C1F2-4580-8D6B-E49290B1B63B.thumb.png.f8dfaf3fc28c088ab6d0b60f97d0f052.png

• Like 8

Posted

Blimey up and down more than a tarts knickers in the mad house..

• Like 2

Posted
48 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Blimey up and down more than a tarts knickers in the mad house..

A 30sec run through any run, especially a GFS, and I can predict with almost 100% certainty what the mood in there will be. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Afternoon all!

Our (few of us in here) first wet and windy spell in a while is upon us! 55mph to 65mph for coasts and hills. (As per Met Office)

78D66951-4F17-48CF-ABF4-DC34A662FA6C.thumb.png.7bcd7e00ee24368a06daaac3e044d254.pngC6AE2E85-AECA-4C2D-B3EF-F9AAECF3E57A.thumb.png.8e260595a756e8d87e774a1c4aac9de6.png

I am looking at about 50mph gusts here from late morning and those gusts should then transfer through the Central Lowlands and over to the East. 
6E342504-06FC-4603-AA68-A2E2FEBA0DAE.thumb.png.182cf47332b4a1279131b516ac6680a4.png
3885AF9D-09C2-452B-895C-B9323F9DA4DA.thumb.png.bf06fb187a84bad6dea51aeb06423806.png7DB9DAC2-D26C-4F21-A8C3-81FE21730AA1.thumb.png.d21d22cf969020dd8a992d5c89eb5791.png

Next Tuesday onwards looking good for a Wintry spell of weather for many of us. (Hills/mountains to begin with then lower ground in the North...then hopefully the rest of us! )  - latest GFS run was snow heaven for parts of Scotland. 

anim_yeh2.gif

anim_bxb1.gif

ECM and Met Office outlook also showing wintry potential.

Good wee read from Sean Batty below:

624146-snow-on-election-day.jpg
STV.TV

Voters may need to wrap up warm when they visit the ballot box next Thursday.

So lots going on weather wise which makes for an interesting start to Winter. 

Enjoy the rest of yer day!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 9

Posted

BBC weather has me down for cold and possible snaw chance for 9 days from the 9th until the end of the forecast period. could be some fun and games to be had. BRING ME MY SNAW!!

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I notice @LomondSnowstorm has been online recently... If thats not a snowy omen I dont know what is  :oldlaugh:

• Like 8

Posted

@Kirkcaldy Weather brilliant post in the mad house.. i fear it may fall on deaf ears tho. its the same every year. i give it till the weekend before we get that bloke from crewe totally calling December a bust along with the usual over reactive members.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Oh God it's the first wave of despair on that thread. 

• Like 4

Posted

yep the first mass jumping off of a cliff is about to happen. do they never learn.??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

yep the first mass jumping off of a cliff is about to happen. do they never learn.??

when will they learn? here is your answer 

:oldrofl:

• Like 2

Posted

For those of you that watch I’m a celebrity get me out of here ..... spoiler alert !

tonights question for the dingo dollar prize is

“What percentage of the model output discussion toy throwers yesterday told everyone they know Snowmaggedon was incoming ? “

87% or 94%

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, bigsnow said:

@Kirkcaldy Weather brilliant post in the mad house.. i fear it may fall on deaf ears tho. its the same every year. i give it till the weekend before we get that bloke from crewe totally calling December a bust along with the usual over reactive members.

Ahh crewecold.... merchant of doom i always chuckle as i read his posts and he implodes

Weird today glaswegian blizzard asked where his post had gone i asked in which thread and both posts removed...some weird modding going on??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Maybe he asked for it to be removed...

I really don't get why everyone gets so giddy on the other thread when possible snow 10 days out appears.If it's anymore than 5 days away it's always going to be gone by the next run or at least severely watered down as it gets closer.If something outside the normal weather pattern is showing at a week or more out then 9 times out of 10 it's not going to verify.

• Like 3

Posted
58 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

I really don't get why everyone gets so giddy on the other thread when possible snow 10 days out appears.

Utter desparation.

In contrast, we just shrug and think "oh well", as being much further north we usually get another chance come around fairly soon. You don't get many in the MAD thread complaining when they are basking in the sunny 20s during summer and we're languishing under grey skies and scraping double figures. There's always a trade off. 

• Like 6