Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

8C with the occasional light shower. The Mets forecast is for around 15 hours of heavy rain, for this area, starting 2pm.

If anything, it looks to be be brightening up.

• Like 3

Posted

The Met office have issued yellow weather warnings for the next 5 days for parts of the UK.

Rain.

man-with-umbrella-under-a-regional-rain_u-l-pxyvf70.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 2

Posted

High of 7.9°C. Driving drizzle whilst out with Finn. I remember autumn weather like this!

• Like 3

Posted

Yes Shuggee a real traditional November day.Damp, dreich and dark.Got tree into house and put some lights up although not switched on.A few more photos of twins drinking off their mums.007.thumb.JPG.c69c424acf2ee79ffcc86cc5f16c417a.JPG009.thumb.JPG.ee52172a7844c0b1410654f6d8f85518.JPG005.thumb.JPG.367cebf4944099ba246e68cde487fa97.JPG

• Like 7

Posted

Yes, it has been a driech, drizzley and puddley day.

Bought a new 'revolving" comb to groom my doggie, after comments from a new groomer about the fluffy state of her coat.

However, she flinches when the new comb is applied. No doubt she'll become after time,used to the new regime.

• Like 4

Posted

spacer.pngReminiscing looking at  some old photos this one of the Cairngorm ski road. Wonder if we will see this amount again.

• Like 2

Posted

Mild (Blah) Slight breeze (blah) Drizzly...............(Blah) crap basically

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, it seems that weather wise things have been much the same up here as elsewhere in Auld Scotia. It's been a very Meh sort of week with very little in the way of winter. Mild, damp, dreich and just downright boring. No starry skies this week by the look of things but it seems that by the end of the week the situation may improve slightly. On the plus side this week, the neighbouring house to me ( holiday let ) has just had a load of trees chopped down. the owner very kindly came round to let me know what was happening and to help myself to logs when the work was finished. He said the lads would cut the logs into manageable chunks. Aye right! Will have to get my trusty chain saw chappie  out to cut them up again and then I'll have some nicely seasoned logs ready by next winter! Thanking you Kind Sir! 

Temp is around the 7/8c range at the moment, cloudy and dry. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Models continue to trend seasonal for start of december, looking like the frosty conditions we had recently with some snow for those more north and maybe the odd sprinkling to the east. Hopefully continues to trend that way be nice to put up the tree ans and start the advent calendars with cold crisp conditions.

• Like 5

Posted

Currently 8C with rain. 

The next period of wet weather is forecast to arrive Tuesday, continuing until Thursday - NE Scotland.

The recent spell of wet and mild weather had taken its toll on the Scottish ski centres, with significant snow loss. Some of the hills are back to brown.

From late Thursday a change to more seasonal temperatures for Scotland. Snow for the Scottish mountains.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Looks like the lights will be on all day today… Have got as far as doing some Xmas shopping online still in my jamas (no snickering, I bet everyone's done it), cats keeping their beady eyes on me to check I visit the website of a well-known pet accessory retailer. Cats-R-Us?

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Looks like the lights will be on all day today… Have got as far as doing some Xmas shopping online still in my jamas (no snickering, I bet everyone's done it), cats keeping their beady eyes on me to check I visit the website of a well-known pet accessory retailer. Cats-R-Us?

Our cat is hiding in a box that used to contain our Xmas wine delivery. The box is all that's left of it (oh and the bottles in the recycling). 

Dull, dark and dreich here in Falkirk, bring back the cold. 

DSC_0940.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
23 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Our cat is hiding in a box that used to contain our Xmas wine delivery. The box is all that's left of it (oh and the bottles in the recycling). 

Dull, dark and dreich here in Falkirk, bring back the cold. 

DSC_0940.JPG

Your cat has the right idea, best place for all of us today. Very dull, misty and drizzly here. Dreich. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

What a horrible day, mild damp dark and wet. things are starting to look interesting over in the mad house, but as we all know if it can go wrong then it probably will.

• Like 4

Posted
23 hours ago, NUT said:

Mild (Blah) Slight breeze (blah) Drizzly...............(Blah) crap basically

Exact copycat weather today if anything less breeze but as you were at one point early this morning did look as if It'd brighten that didn't last long 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Horrid day today...mild grey manky weather is the worst, the end of the week is looking brighter and more importantly...Colder.

• Like 4

Posted

Another very dreich day which tried to brighten up in the early afternoon but failed. Everything running with water including internal steading walls,just ideal for pneumonia in young cattle. Always feel that on days like this it was a  wise decision spending money on pneumonia vaccine for them. Catching them up to give them  the vaccine is a lot of work too .  Currently 8c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
On 09/11/2019 at 22:22, CatchMyDrift said:

Let me know how you get on with it, please.

After a good week of use and not even putting the temp sensor in a great place,its showing very accurate temps to the official ones nearby excellent and easy to set up,well recommended arrived very quickly too.

• Like 3

Posted

Yet another day of Aberdeenshire Permagloom™; it really has been a dire few days.

Just as the last few days its been grey all day with all of the surrounding hills covered in low cloud.  Sporadic drizzle in the morning been replaced by more persistent light rain in the afternoon/evening.

Not cold though, up to 9c today.

First really large skein of geese seen this evening, up to now the skeins have been small numbering around 30-50 individuals.

image.thumb.png.d5020c060b5c1fc9900ff72db74d056a.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Drizzly pish day in Caithness. My newly installed rain gauge recorded 5mm overnight.  The radar always seems to underdo the rain here for some reason - it's drizzly now with nothing showing.

Can anyone recommend a good min/max thermometer? Nothing fancy, just accurate and will last a few years at least.

• Like 5

Posted

Rainy, damp, grey pish after rainy, damp, grey pish. This autumn has been an absolute misery in these parts except for a few days of frost here and there. I'll be glad to see the back of it. 

• Like 7