Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Lovely day ahead!

Really chilly this morning - temperature of 3c and a biting Easterly wind.

Lenticular clouds and some other strange shapes about earlier. 

82E23D9E-4712-47B8-A498-BE0D65ADA116.thumb.jpeg.8186e95cbdbe77cebfe086e79df9fbc2.jpeg1A716BCB-F9E6-43F0-A66A-9437484725DB.thumb.jpeg.d4549a17fabf2d00f725f017a00cb8aa.jpeg0888FD45-2AC9-4ECA-B0E4-303401695365.thumb.jpeg.eab6d286f5c4289d2744ad27cf812470.jpegBB3B1E3B-0D4F-41A7-9603-B905DA272136.thumb.jpeg.b8ff8c5a2078fb4d22a54e9c98416477.jpeg

Have a good day! 

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Lovely day ahead!

Really chilly this morning - temperature of 3c and a biting Easterly wind.

Lenticular clouds and some other strange shapes about earlier. 

82E23D9E-4712-47B8-A498-BE0D65ADA116.thumb.jpeg.8186e95cbdbe77cebfe086e79df9fbc2.jpeg1A716BCB-F9E6-43F0-A66A-9437484725DB.thumb.jpeg.d4549a17fabf2d00f725f017a00cb8aa.jpeg0888FD45-2AC9-4ECA-B0E4-303401695365.thumb.jpeg.eab6d286f5c4289d2744ad27cf812470.jpegBB3B1E3B-0D4F-41A7-9603-B905DA272136.thumb.jpeg.b8ff8c5a2078fb4d22a54e9c98416477.jpeg

Have a good day! 

You live in a perfect place really, open sky, water and mountains. It reminds me to some extent of my 5 years on Anglesey, open skies, sea and in the distance the N Wales mountains. Sometimes the whole scene from the Llyn Peninsula to the Snowdon range and on to the Clwydian range. I am sure the Llyn is not spelt as the Welsh spell it but I never learnt Welsh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

It was incredibly icy on site roads on Tuesday morning (doing pirouettes in the Lump with 4wd and winter tyres) but has turned a lot milder since (roads are now porridge).  We've had some good sunrises but often prevented from being stunners by cloud out to the east over the coast (this is Caithness).

Good to see so many pictures here.

The forecast looks mild but hints of turning cold again. Snow or no before Xmas, that is the question.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

It’s not bad @johnholmes - great for sunrise/sunset/cloud/weather watching in all seasons. Would much prefer to live up high in the Highlands though. (Top of Cairngorm mountain would be ideal! )

Don’t worry @CatchMyDrift - won’t be long until those two pictures you posted are showing a scene like this...

• Like 3

Posted

Deary me, atrocious reporting from the Inverness Courier, looks like they've been taken over by the Express....Foot snow for Inverness

Had to laugh at this part "with a huge red and orange snow front heading towards the UK from the Arctic on the second day".

Anyway, back to reality.  Grey day with a stiff southerly breeze making it feel cooler than the recorded max of 8.0c.

Some rain since 3pm but this is off for now.  Outlook looks a tad damp though.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wow if the BBC weather is correct its gonna rain from today until next thursday. cant be right can it? Mild tho so not all bad. the mad house is ticking along with happiness at day 10 charts showing potential for snaw nirvana..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
20 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Wow if the BBC weather is correct its gonna rain from today until next thursday. cant be right can it? Mild tho so not all bad. the mad house is ticking along with happiness at day 10 charts showing potential for snaw nirvana..

Well the forecast is certainly right this morning as its pishing it down. As for the mad house.. I await the implosion, which will of course be doubly funny if we get snow but the bulk don't. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

The jet stream is on the move, allowing Atlantic driven weather to become established. 

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of Hell leads up to the light"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Hellish day here and I've got to trek doon to the main road and wait for a bus innit..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Dark, Dull, Heavy Rain (and unfortunately plenty more to come over the weekend)  currently 7.8 C

• Like 3

Posted

Its all kicked off in the mad house.. "war oohhhhh what is it good for?" silly season is off and running.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

Its all kicked off in the mad house.. "war oohhhhh what is it good for?" silly season is off and running.

Noticed that the mods were editing quite a few posts. Suspect insults have been exchanged.

• Like 2

Posted

its like rutting season.. same thing at the same time every year. some people proper get there knickers in a twist. i mean its just a computer showing us what it thinks will happen it doesnt actually control the weather.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

This is how I often feel when reading through the model thread  :oldrofl: 

source.gif  

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Noticed that the mods were editing quite a few posts. Suspect insults have been exchanged.

Lol. Have at thee, varlet. Or, suck my festering occlusion. Damn your eyes.

Home for the weekend so on the lash already. Good eh? It was getting pretty dreich up in Caithness, and the Sutherland and Easter Ross hills had damp woolly blankets.  At least it's mild. God who said that first?

These noisy chaps have taken up residence near my weekday home - 329337188_Braalcrows.thumb.jpg.4dca7e340bee5187c56f682203458bf5.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Well the war is over... the mighty ECM has been slain by the GFS fodder model.... but dont worry the pub run will swoop in and save the coldies..

Posted
17 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Well the war is over... the mighty ECM has been slain by the GFS fodder model.... but dont worry the pub run will swoop in and save the coldies..

And if that fails, there's always the day after tomorrow or Frozen to watch.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Looks increasingly like by this time next week we'll be in a colder airflow again. 

gfs-1-144.png gfsnh-0-144.png

I'd not say its looking particularly snowy, and probably only for those of us in the northern areas if there is any. 

I see a few posts have been culled in the time it took me between reading the thread and posting. A pity as we've always been able to maintain a respectful attitude in here irrespective of the subject matter. It'll not be long until Dec 14th comes into range of the models and we can speculate if the weather is going to affect the turnout/results. Not that the establishment will care if it does. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted

Morning all! 

Haha yes @CatchMyDrift always nice to see Scotland on that page.  I had forgot that Detective @Kirkcaldy Weather had rumbled me last time - although it was pretty easy to tell it was me! 

It was a lovely morning for colourful clouds that day.

D0CF0D4B-B345-457F-A923-80AC5C7DBB52.thumb.jpeg.8119214cbbfd2279e26d914107e3a61c.jpeg

Dry start here with a temperature of 8c with bits and bobs of drizzle about later. Pretty mundane/boring weather for the next few days here! (Often dry)

ED94F270-2D35-4AFB-9C15-0AE88DFBC640.thumb.png.6ea36a877d3a9685e6af364fe46b2776.png

Looks wet in parts of the North East and East today.  (Wonder how the attached image will look at the end of the month!)

93E0787C-F5B8-445C-B9C0-9D2E4573232C.thumb.png.900cf7a57ca227d61b5a5cebab3ba359.png

ECM is seasonal this morning. 

anim_yds6.gif

Met Office outlook looks promising. 

AEB6A53D-C893-4C9D-B1C7-23BE9E03CBCC.thumb.png.44d2cf8e8459022f3b77e3ac038c3637.png202759DA-F29C-4ACC-8C33-D8ADFC833F86.thumb.png.27504a36c863d5a4b1c54854e9191796.png

As ever...let’s see what becomes reality! 

Have a great weekend!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted

Hmm I appear to have been censored. Been a little while since that happened. I forgot there are verboten subjects here. I wonder if sex is another one?

Dull, dreich and GREY this morning. Finally ready for action, which takes some doing at a weekend at this time of year, especially now there's no young uns to entertain, feed, admonish, etc.

• Like 7