Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
20 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Raining here and temp 5.2 C / 1.1 C

I am not that far North of you but we are still dry at -1.1C and I was thinking that I might hang on for an early ice day. There must be a sharp temperature divide somewhere about North Fife / Perth which looks wet on the radar to here where it remains dry and cold.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
11 minutes ago, Norrance said:

I am not that far North of you but we are still dry at -1.1C and I was thinking that I might hang on for an early ice day. There must be a sharp temperature divide somewhere about North Fife / Perth which looks wet on the radar to here where it remains dry and cold.

Aye seems to be warmer temperatures around the coasts at the minute 

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground’s WunderMap provides interactive weather and radar Maps for weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Here is my station 

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, Norrance said:

My coldest day so far too with max of -0.6C. If they counted ice days as being under freezing in daylight hours it would make it but I think temps are due to rise a bit this evening. Light layered cloud here also.
Just finished raking the back lawn which was completely covered by leaves from the back neighbours tree. Annoyingly they trimmed it this Summer but didn't touch the branches overhanging my lawn. At least I can see the grass now.

638672FD-8010-4AAC-A632-223D88B88D76.jpeg

F3CFC9D7-32CA-453B-AE28-D6103D768605.jpeg

Think of the leaves as food for your worms!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

The thermometer inside the car was showing -4.7 this morning the coldest its been so far...its been nippy all day which I quite like.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
7 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Think of the leaves as food for your worms!

Its ok. I have left some for them.
Heard reports of freezing rain in parts of Perthshire and still -1C here but dry.

Edit now started raining here and freezing on impact. My two weather stations showing -1 and -0.7C respectively

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Ice day! A hard frost all day after an overnight low of -7.0C, the lowest minimum of the autumn/winter so far. Freezing drizzle this evening and still bang on freezing point just now.

Reminding me of the lead in to winter 2012-13 at this stage.  

• Like 5

Posted

Well, just hung on and still under freezing at midnight at -0.1C. The earliest that I have recorded an ice day at this location. Garden paths very slippery after the light rain this evening.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
3 hours ago, Norrance said:

Maxed out at 2.6C up here today, and last night was the first time we’ve dipped below freezing this season. Only got down to -0.5C though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Hubby has reported a very icy start here in Falkirk as he slithered down the hill to the train station. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all!

Cheers @Kirkcaldy Weather!

Wet night and morning here...rain is now clearing through and that should be it until Monday. 
Milder temperatures than of late but daytime still below average. (Rising to average through Sunday/Monday/Tuesday)

E15FCB09-ABE2-4A47-AFB3-C9A93923DBAB.thumb.png.28a0a9f1e61e2daac49ed7c08e330bfd.png

Miss the freezing/fog/frost already - got used to these scenes in the morning. 

95D6108D-0234-4CA1-A49C-409FB1746902.thumb.jpeg.89460646d79e6f1dd65e3ecec6eb5379.jpeg

I do not think it will be long until the cold weather returns. (I know some of you are still cold at the moment. )

Mountain forecast stays cold for the foreseeable!

8F53CE8F-787D-4B59-A4D7-3D3D058B0A62.thumb.png.c40a0aedec8b0bdec2a948522e8fe65a.png

End of the month looks interesting...

GFS 240 hours 

45D29B39-C8B3-4547-87CF-21B9890730B6.thumb.png.7f31958967ff3e1006b478dd77342607.png5B6ABAF1-1CE4-4762-9E76-6B5D44550778.thumb.png.ad7810e39b9f0bda71e2d75d8cce60df.png

ECM 240 hours 

64C87D81-E2BB-4593-A88F-60006F7ED5A1.thumb.png.f159d9d0c0d937e2e4d755d687c7dab6.png33DDA180-1F02-45BD-936F-5E7F2EF2262F.thumb.png.6266a0daa25b27bf253ccda8119da9ba.png

Much better outlook than the crud we had to endure for most of last December - should be seasonal at least and with a snow risk for quite a few of us if it all becomes reality!

Have a good day! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8

Posted

It's frost-free here this morning, grey and misty tho'. The temp is 3C and there's hardly a breath of wind - fairly routine autumn stuff.

• Like 4

Posted

MEH. Cloudy/Grey and not very warm although nowhere near as cold as it has been. More akin to a January day

• Like 3

Posted

Lowest it got here overnight was 4.7 C , currently 6.3 C and cloudy

• Like 2

Posted

Temp between 4.1C and 5.8C all day here. Frost a distant memory.

Lovely walk out by Coulter woods this afternoon. Finn loving us being on leave.

IMG_20191120_144801.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Temps today were as high as 7.5C but feeling much colder in the southerly wind. Took full advantage of the conditions and moved the firewood for this winter from the drying sheds into the garage. Theres around 8m3 now so more than enough, even for a severe winter.

20191120_170838.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
12 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Is there a CET version just for Scotland

Looking at models now your window of mild appears to be about 3-4 days then back in the Cold from Weds -

Could be a CET 2-3c November for you guys

We're lucky we even have weather stations. 

Joking aside, I think there will be something close to this. It'll be somewhere in the Met Office figures as we do get Scotland specific figures. 

Edit: happy 10,000th post when it comes by the way.

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Too upset to post much tonight, today's mild drizzly weather has done for my remaining patch of snow from last week. This was the sorry looking fellow this morning... 

IMG_20191120_075607.thumb.jpg.7189c907d1b333db4c679318522c4078.jpg

Alas 'twas nowhere to be seen on returning from work. 

In reality I've been shocked it lasted so long, as although it was a pile from cleaning the driveway it wasn't exactly big. Also on the south side of the house in the sun, so goes to show how cold it's been (as will my heating bill this month) . 

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

We're lucky we even have weather stations. 

Joking aside, I think there will be something close to this. It'll be somewhere in the Met Office figures as we do get Scotland specific figures. 

Edit: happy 10,000th post when it comes by the way.

Cheers 

Will have a look when Meto Monthly is updated - I wonder if you guys could track sub -2c below ave, realistically -1.5c is probably the landing zone but lower coukd hinge on the upcoming Northerly....

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Looking at models now your window of mild appears to be about 3-4 days then back in the Cold from Weds -

Hi Steve, here is the rank ordered mean temp years for Scotland https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/datasets/Tmean/ranked/Scotland.txt

just go to the drop downs here and it has all the regions and the datasets 

uk_and_regional_series.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Download time-series of monthly, seasonal and annual values. Files can be downloaded in rank or year order.

and congrats on the 10,000 + posts  hopefully plenty to come this winter about cold and snow across the UK 

• Like 7

Posted

What a contrast in temperature compared to yesterday - max today of 7.2c and actually feeling pretty mild when you were out of the brisk wind.

Cloudy all day, though there were a few brief breaks in the morning to allow some hazy spells of sunshine.

Good day to get the garden cleared up, ground surprisingly dry when planting some daffies.

Bird feeders getting emptied every day now, even had a charm of goldfinches - crappy zoom on the phone camera does not do the sight justice, about 30 birds in total (normally just get one or two at a time).

image.thumb.png.0de3aac7e5653836337f5d5e3b43eee9.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Models all taking a turn for colder again tonight.....could be a short lived mild spell this......

Freezing rain here this morning....monoblock cul de sac was literally a sheet of ice

Mother in law moaning i dont grit it......i tried to explain but she thinks i should value her hip above ice

• Like 5

Posted
5 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

The Regional values pages from the Met O give temps, rainfall and anomalies for all areas of the UK on a monthly basis. Here us a link to October. November's should be interesting.

boats-and-campsite-by-a-lake.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

These regional values use the latest available data from the UK climate network of observing stations.

Here it has been milder but still under average today with a max of 5.5C and a min of -0.1C. Feeling raw in the cloud and strengthening SE breeze.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3