Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

I noticed two things; firstly there was a small plastic card on his dashboard indicating this minimum charge would apply; secondly, on querying this, I received a rather garbled reply along the lines that the local authority required this surcharge to be made as a condition of his licence to pick up passengers from the station. I really did not have the time to get involved in further discussion.

Interestingly, after havng had some persistent questioning during the journey about where I came from and what I was doing in Aberdeen, he decided to 'split' (his words) the difference and charged £6.

I know it's tiny amounts we're talking, but the principle and deception really annoyed me.

• Like 2

Posted

Has actually turned to snow here in Lux. Wet snow and no chance of it accumulating but at least I've seen my first falling flakes

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Another below freezing morning here. Really, we've been very fortunate here over the last few weeks when I see the weather that other parts of the country have been hammered with. Poor Yorkshire! Out for a doggie walk yesterday, sunny, calm, clear. Same again today, only colder. I'll take that any day! No sign of white stuff at lower levels yet, but I see we'll have a return to the norm by the weekend. Ach well, it was nice while it lasted!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

That temperature is dropping like a stone. Wouldn't be surprised if someone sees a -10c tonight 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
Just now, bigsnow said:

That temperature is dropping like a stone. Wouldn't be surprised if someone sees a -10c tonight 

Have managed to get my weather station working again (although it will probably muck up again) but just went below freezing here -0.2 C already 

• Like 9

Posted
52 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

The highest temperatures I observed today was 1C. Currently it's already-3C and I suspect that will fall further.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Cold here at -3'C, think there's a chilly night to come! 

• Like 8

Posted

-4.2/-5.0°C.

Already. My.

• Like 7

Posted

AS above a fine sunny frosty day. Managed to start ploughing today and ground is  surprisingly dry underneath. Its been a challenging old year weatherwise since  mid  May  with nearly every  farm operation having to be done in very short weather windows.Started off  today at -1c and  its now -2.5c

• Like 6

Posted
20 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

-7c to start the day, max of -1.8c, -7c again and heading down, coldest day so far 

Where is your location, -7 already at half 9 preety good going.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
15 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Where is your location, -7 already at half 9 preety good going.. 

I'm assuming NorthernStrath won't mind me answering but unless he's flitted recently, he's just south of here by about 10 mile or so. I believe he lives in an igloo between Moy and Tomatin. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

-9.1C at Tyndrum was the coldest official report pre midnight. Going to get to - double figures very soon I suspect.

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Norrance said:

-9.1C at Tyndrum was the coldest official report pre midnight. Going to get to - double figures very soon I suspect.

-6C here 10 minutes ago.

Amazing night for star gazing.

• Like 5

Posted

Another cracking winter's day today, overnight low of -4.4c and a max of 2c with calm winds and bountiful sunshine.

Can we please book this type of weather for the proper winter in a couple of weeks?

It's currently a bone-chilling -5.1c outside so looks like the lowest autumn overnight low (yet..) is in the making.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Bit cold for @tiff this morning...

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Bit cold for @tiff this morning...

Wow that's some impressive minima. One of my best memories was when I stayed at my brothers near Glagow and went snow hunting. Forecast of heavy snow around the Loch Ness region - so I drove up to Fort Augustus. When I got near Crianlarich it registered minus 10oC. For me, back then, I'd never experienced that. Anyway I got to Fort Augustus and bingo....some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen. I almost didnt make it back. Great memories

• Like 7