Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

Was a light dusting on the very top of the highest Pentlands this morning. Pretty grey damp day. My cycle this morning was an absolute mud bath! I'm stuck between wanting to avoid the road/traffic and not wanting to have to clean everything every night! I suspect I'll have to invest in some cleaning gear as getting the 7 miles to work with less than 100m on an actual road is awesome and I should have done it years ago! Shorter than the bus and much better for my mental state 

• Like 8

Posted

Just rained here last night but we do have some snow on the hills. On Saturday night it got down to -1.1c my lowest temperature so far since last winter and last night not as cold at 2.4c.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Weather looks a million times better than it is down here! Hellish heavy lashing sleety rain here all bloody day.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Second picture is off the same road taken by Philip Struthers. Nice picture of snow but can you see his dog in it? (Dalmation).

Left-hand side, on the track behind the tree? 

Dismal grey day here today. Frost yesterday survived on my car windscreen through the day but was gone this morning. About 2C and drizzly then, got up to around 5C during the day and back down to a still drizzly 3C on my way home. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
34 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Left-hand side, on the track behind the tree? 

Sorry nope. Try right side of pic. Took me ages but my daughter "spotted" it right away.

• Like 5

Posted

Found it eventually, but only when you pointed out the right side and by zooming in. My son couldn't see it either. 

Looking at latest ECM via Yr. No for here, if its right I'm looking at Max temps not exceeding 4C for the next week. That's about 3-4C below average for the time of year if metcheck averages are accurate. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
52 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Found it eventually, but only when you pointed out the right side and by zooming in. My son couldn't see it either. 

Looking at latest ECM via Yr. No for here, if its right I'm looking at Max temps not exceeding 4C for the next week. That's about 3-4C below average for the time of year if metcheck averages are accurate. 

Long may the below average temps continue, as long as it leads to Snaw in the end. currently lashing down with thawed Snaw aka rain.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Can someone please post the actual picture of the dog? I have just spent twenty minutes trying to find it and still no luck! 

@Kirkcaldy Weather Legend! Thank you.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Thank god the rain's stopped here. Still and clear with no frost. And I'm still sure yer imagining a dug!

• Like 6

Posted

oh i cant wait for my 15 hours of sleet tomorrow night into thursday morning.. very exciting.

• Like 5

Posted

stopped here now... although im sure its only for a moment.. wind is keen this morning.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

stopped here now... although im sure its only for a moment.. wind is keen this morning.

It didn't stop, it just moved on to me. 

• Like 4

Posted

Dire morning here too strong north wind and a lot of rain earlier in the night enough it seems to have knocked out the electricity for most of the night.Back on about 5.00am this morning.A bit milder at 6.5c however. Farming timtable being pushed backwards all the time now.

• Like 3

Posted

Roads around Huntly toward Forgue and Largue and Banff are flooded passable with care but will probably get worse over the next few hours..

• Like 4