Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

Another day to remind me that November has no redeeming qualities - crap weather, ever shortening days and this year an overdose of politicians on the TV etc telling us to trust us, gies us your vote....

Relentless rain all day (third day in a row) ranging from fine drizzle to torrential downpours.  Ground saturated and some local flooding on the roads round here - next 24 hours look interesting to say the least.

Not particularly cold with a max of 11c with a light to fresh E/ENE wind.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Ground pretty wet here after a really wet day yesterday.  7cC. Rare for my back garden to squelch as I walk onnit as we're on a steepish hill. Fine calm morning so far but heavy rain forecast for teatime on.

• Like 3

Posted

Just noticed a wee snowflake for this postcode for Saturday!!

• Like 6

Posted
14 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Soon be 72 hours of rain but its  9c with breeze from the ENE.

Similar situation down here, the barley park in front of the house is waterlogged, water is running off the parks onto the roads.

Temperatures aside, these are perfect conditions for significant snowfall around these parts.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Pouring here, have already lost 3 weekends kids football to waterlogging and we only lost 3 the whole of last autumn/winter. 

Off from Dec 19 this year till Jan 6 so plenty lampie watching in this time would be most welcome. 

Was at braehead recently to take the kids sledging and it has them excited for winter but also has them saying we can just go there if no real snow........... Only if on groupon again you little leeches

• Like 5

Posted

Forecast was just a tad too accurate for today...............pretty vile outside and looks like lot more heavier rain to come too

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

. My wife went out last night in her jammies to try and get the cat in and slipped on her erse right where that line in the puddle is. She was not amused and the cat is now in the doghouse!

:oops:Hope she is ok

• Like 3

Posted

Some impressive rainfall totals appearing now for Eastern Scotland.

Rain still relentless here, alternating between heavy drizzle and steady heavy rain.  Currently 7.8c and a fresh NE wind.

MET office radar shows a lot of rain out in the North Sea heading our way, so no quick respite from the deluge.

image.thumb.png.29def31677fe40dce33b198b97a24407.png

image.thumb.png.5b27fd48fc0cf91d584ce6fd71921a59.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
9 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Significant flooding around Kemnay.

20191104_101709.jpg

Aye, but I've seen it much worse and it didn't seem any more extensive on my way past it coming home than it did this morning. Surprising as the rain has been relentless today as @Quinach points out above.

Should start easing off now, with an outside chance of seeing some snow here Wed into Thu, especially with me being a little higher up. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 7

Posted
43 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Aye, but I've seen it much worse and it didn't seem any more extensive on my way past it coming home than it did this morning. Surprising as the rain has been relentless today as @Quinach points out above.

Should start easing off now, with an outside chance of seeing some snow here Wed into Thu, especially with me being a little higher up. 

I'm up Aviemore on Thursday to check out a new snowboard. Planning on taking the scenic route up to the Lecht then over too Aviemore. If there's snow on the mountains, which looking at the forecasts, there should be, I'll grab some pictures and upload.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 7

Posted

What a disgusting evening.

Coal fire lit!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies
5 minutes ago, shuggee said:

What a disgusting evening.

Coal fire lit!

I concur, sadly no coal fire, but a proper MINGER of a day !

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Rain finally easing off here now. Around 25 mms in my gauge but it has been worse East of Dundee. Here is the Eastbound carriageway of the A92 to Arbroath earlier. Caused a bit of disruption in the Carnoustie area as drivers sought other routes.

14CF18D2-EA95-45F2-9D2B-25CB098E6371.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
25 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Rain finally easing off here now. Around 25 mms in my gauge but it has been worse East of Dundee. Here is the Eastbound carriageway of the A92 to Arbroath earlier. Caused a bit of disruption in the Carnoustie area as drivers sought other routes.

14CF18D2-EA95-45F2-9D2B-25CB098E6371.jpeg

Yep similar here. 28mm today and 49.5mm since Friday, and there are roads flooded around here that I've never seen flood before. 

• Like 5

Posted

What a friggin' awful day! Apart from a bit of frost and blue sky last week Autumn has been an absolute laminate floor!

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

What a friggin' awful day! Apart from a bit of frost and blue sky last week Autumn has been an absolute laminate floor!

Yep, we have definitely had more eastern winds than usual for this time of the year and as a result the rainfall in eastern scotland has been relentless at times (especially today). Still better than the usual south-westerlies. If the weather pattern holds on, we should gradually tap into much colder air to the east as winter approaches and then things could get more interesting

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Walking on the lawn in my back garden is rather like walking on a water bed. Are they still a thing I wonder? 

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

No-one will be complaining if the 00z GFS comes off,

As you probably know, Catch, I might, :oldmellow: although I do wish the Scottish ski resorts a prosperous season.

As unavoidable as winter is, I would prefer blue skies with bright crisp dry days.

• Like 4

Posted

Well we have a patch of blue sky and a blink of sun after 3 days of relentless November gloom with rain and mist.Yesterday inparticular felt like one of those times in the past when the temperature would suddenly drop and the rain would turn to snow.However it is still 8c.

• Like 6

Posted

It's been absolute murder here for days. So heavy it looks like sleet a lot of the time. Ground is sodden and that's rare for here. God knows what's happening Hawick or up Ettrick.

Unrelated to weather - I'm in shock. Husband going into Edinburgh Royal on Thurs and got me to price a taxi home in case we can't get family or neighbours. They said £56!! I said he can bloody well wait until he's fit to get the bus.

• Like 5