Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

@CatchMyDrift are you pretending you live in Scotland? Everytime I come on here you are posting pictures of a clear blue sky! Just admit that you live in the French or Italian countryside!

All joking aside I am very jealous - currently 8c, low cloud, very grey and rain arriving after lunchtime... Outlook for the week is pretty crap for here in the West.

15644F81-4C3A-4312-955D-2ACFCCACC5DF.thumb.jpeg.796c93ae0d9dca518523998d63d3d7d0.jpeg532F9A18-A260-4A3E-9B39-6F600C483204.thumb.png.cb1420efd7bda1c947d0d12e197c52be.pngDD305309-87CB-4CF5-9949-66999DF9B440.thumb.png.062d1e80b0b6d857811883562a48e300.png

Yesterday was decent! 16c and sunny but a bit cool for my liking plus chilly in the shade. (Give me 20c + for proper warmth)

Lovely nautical twilight last night! 

6C1F6437-8F0F-48CD-BA9C-B126B561F364.thumb.jpeg.1e5e525c3e8f3b857ed7e6bfb59a2448.jpeg

Personally if there is no hope of my preferred warm/hot/convective Summer type weather for a couple/few days this month I would gladly fast forward to late November for a chance of our first sustained cold spell/snowfall! (Repeat of November 2010 would be great! ⛄❄️)

Enjoy yer Sunday!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Yesterday was a crackin' day to explore the West coast beaches.

IMG_20190907_115546.thumb.jpg.09d7d8be8186d6a751ed79de577a2647.jpg

Even the sky was flying the Saltire. 

IMG_20190907_121408.thumb.jpg.f5e92898952dd91d25b429e363943402.jpg

IMG_20190907_122127.thumb.jpg.6a19610513e9e5ae3911a485a22241c3.jpg

Edited by kar999
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
6 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

@Mr Frost I wish I did live in Italy, I'd be gone at the drop of a hat if I could, sorry Scotland

@Mr Frost speaking of Italy....

MON THE SNAW!

Hmm good luck to them with the forecast and my snow loving side hopes it is correct but these long range forecasts are usually nonsense https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/people/beast-from-the-east-set-to-return-to-scotland-1-4999798/amp

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 4

Posted
9 hours ago, 101_North said:

3c first thing

1.7°C here in the garden. :cold:

Has been a lovely autumnal weekend.

• Like 5

Posted

'Beast from the East' set to return to Scotland.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/beast-from-the-east-set-to-return-to-scotland-1-4999798

Jan/Feb 2020 apparently.

• Like 4

Posted

Lovely day after a decidedly chilly night (down to 1.4c here).

Max temperature of 16.5c in light winds and with oodles of sunshine - though got a bit cloudier in the evening.

Weather recently seems to be suiting Hoverflies as they are everywhere (a underrated and undervalued insect group, they really are pretty things when you look at them closely - link).

• Like 2

Posted

Weather rubbish again for this week with a stormy low to hit us Tuesday/Wednesday. Looks like September will be rubbish aswell. Not had a good number of dry days at all over the summer. Had 1 week of dry days in May and 2 weeks in April that’s been it.. Said summer 2017 was bad this year can’t be far off matching it. We had a warm July but it was wet..

Posted
5 hours ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Weather rubbish again for this week with a stormy low to hit us Tuesday/Wednesday. Looks like September will be rubbish aswell. Not had a good number of dry days at all over the summer. Had 1 week of dry days in May and 2 weeks in April that’s been it.. Said summer 2017 was bad this year can’t be far off matching it. We had a warm July but it was wet..

Yeah , last September was not too good either. When there was heat it was short lived 

Posted

Crap, wet and pish today after a beautiful weekend - which, if I had to choose, is exactly how I'd want it! Quite a few forecasts going for a repeat of good settled weather next weekend - plenty of time to go but fingers crossed! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well it looks like the big Snaw family are moving up to Aberdeenshire... 165.5m asl.. moving date is 3 days before Xmas so it's gonna be some holidays for us all.. anybody know much about the area??

• Like 3

Posted

Winters coming... :spiteful:850temp_20190909_12_210.thumb.jpg.f34d539f38e27aad8f5d90f15a616410.jpg gfs-1-210.thumb.png.606b31f27009654ae7930a4e96232a25.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
41 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's the top right bit? 

Whereabout in the Shire? 

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, drm said:

Whereabout in the Shire? 

The house is about 6 miles north west of Rothienorman near a place called largue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
6 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

The house is about 6 miles north west of Rothienorman near a place called largue.

Great location for snow and streamer activity no sea warming threat and deep frost possible on clear night's 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
18 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Not far from the Glendronach distillery, a very fine malt indeed.

• Like 2

Posted

I am running the champions league prediction competition this year so if anyone fancies a bit of football prediction fun please feel free to enter  

Posted

Very wet over night here. Still wet this morning and breezy too. Looks like improving later and then another rubbish day tomorrow.. can't wait for winter to start..❄❄❄❄☃️☃️☃️

• Like 1

Posted
On 10/09/2019 at 14:07, Norrance said:

Not far from the Glendronach distillery, a very fine malt indeed.

Yep! I ran out of the 15yr Revival a few years ago and waited patiently for it to be released again! A fantastic winters evening dram and in my opinion a nicer whisky than their 18yr. 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted

Remnants of Dorian making it a blustery day today with a few showers coming through too. Was just having a read of some winter folklore, I had heard of most of them but one caught my attention which I hadn't heard of "The nearer the New Moon to Christmas Day, the harder the Winter." and this year the new moon is on Christmas Day/Boxing Day...  http://www.stormfax.com/wxlore.htm  also we were talking about the butterflies and geese not long ago which are on this list https://www.farmersalmanac.com/20-signs-of-a-hard-winter-479 some people think it is a load of rubbish but I think there must be some truth in at least some of them.

@Northernlights with you being a farmer are there any signs you look out for in the animals etc which could be the sign of a colder winter?

• Like 4

Posted
4 hours ago, 101_North said:

Yep! I ran out of the 15yr Revival a few years ago and waited patiently for it to be released again! A fantastic winters evening dram and in my opinion a nicer whisky than their 18yr. 

what site did you buy it from? had a good look at the website and they seem to have a very good collection, i see they do visitor tours... could be some fun and games, maybe we could have a netweather meet up and a tour all in one. another very nice day here today warm in the sunshine still but the wind has picked up some what over the past few hours. tomorrow looks horrible again.

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 1

Posted

Have just had a browse around some of the other threads and i cannot believe that some folk are already calling the coming winter a bust. blimey im glad im disappearing to high ground. doom and gloom i tell thee doom and gloom.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
7 hours ago, 101_North said:

My pal's wife is from Forgue and her dad was a distiller there. (Now passed away unfortunately). He got first dibs on quite a few bottles in his time so several of us got a taste for it. She also mentioned a few hard winters there in her time though it was a while ago.

Not a bad day here with bright spells and a fresh to strong Westerly wind. Max was 16.8C.

• Like 2