Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@Norrance yes i live less than 20ft off the main road from Crieff to Comrie so you would have indeed passed by my house.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Check me out with my triple spam posting

it's just like the old days again! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just hazy sun here today but still reached 22C. Warm enough to make me sweat buckets as i turned a bit of ground in the garden.

D1E11A85-A15A-40A2-8D63-AE8B776308A1.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Hazy sun today at times but 23c and glorious! 

Wee walk from Inverkip beach to Lunderston Bay.

B70289C0-599A-437C-9A82-1FB9ABF301FA.thumb.jpeg.94497dccbe9eb896c54887eeedac9008.jpeg

8071C47B-2486-4CDB-B24D-FCFFA6E0B043.thumb.jpeg.56a03d637da63e3b0ac4bdb6fac98e42.jpeg41380D8A-452D-4CBE-A8AC-59AC9493170A.thumb.jpeg.3a43e12fac339254e76ff0738014fccf.jpegAC2B3A6A-F09B-46E2-99B4-24E668F27FB9.thumb.jpeg.6403dfd774ecd1f0d6e69b9da631d8e1.jpeg

Tomorrow looks a scorcher! 24c here at least and 27/28c inland! 

Have a good night and enjoy tomorrow! ☀️

• Like 9

Posted

Sunk 12 of these today while watching the cricket... might be time to go to bed. When's the Snaw due to arrive?? the radar looks naff its all a bit marginal i cant see any pink blobs...

20190824_171221.jpg

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Moved to Braemar a few weeks ago. If I don't see a proper winter this year I'm giving up and taking up watching TV. The snow gate is 50 meters away.. Bought a Jeep Cherokee in readiness. Strange thing since we've moved here too... it's hardly rained at all!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Great spot up there tiff, Stopped off there a few times. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
On 23/08/2019 at 21:54, Norrance said:

Only downside is that this may face South so snow melts more quickly than on the opposite side of the valley. Only really a problem if you like  hard ice after snow has been lying a while. Good for snow from East and West and also from breakdown and frontal events but a bit sheltered (not totally) from the North/North West.

Up in Perthshire myself today in Polar Gael's area. Beautiful day there though not full sunshine. Car showed 22C. Had forgotten how wide the valley is at Comrie and how it is almost wholly surrounded by beautiful hills in almost a bowl shape as seen from Cultybraggan. Should have taken my camera.

Even my wife, a town/city girl might be persuaded to retire up there. Any bungalows for sale there at a decent price?. @Polar Gael

Am biased but it's a bonnie spot here. Good microclimate, too - usually a little warmer/drier/sunnier than forecast in the summer and more upside in the winter for cauld and snaw generally, too. Plus, cracking dark skies for the other obsession of stargazing.

Usually a smattering of bungalows on the go as well. Rightmove usually has all the current properties up for grabs. 

A late wee burst of summer yesterday and today. Max of 21.0°C and some decent sunshine this arvo. Looking better again tomorrow and Monday not bad, too. Last hurrah for the BBQ this weekend, methinks. Countryside beginning to tip into its early autumnal colours. Looking forward to this winter's snawchase once again.

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 21/08/2019 at 14:29, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Sunday could be a day to watch for possible thunderstorms with pressure trying to lower and a plume of sorts moving up from the s / sw nmm-28-103-0.thumb.png.29b72d9ed8ca69ae37a860d99ff5b005.png  nmm-6-103-0.thumb.png.98687f07979b44bfb5255818e40fcde3.png nmm-2-103-0.thumb.png.65d67d00091bbfd287db9123b6d150c2.png  

sunny day here so far, but the radar doesn't look good out west.

There will be some CAPE developing tomorrow but no models developing storms due to lack of a trigger, next threat of storms could be Tuesday night / Wednesday morning with the possibility of some fronts trying to move in from the west.

• Like 2

Posted

21.5C, blue skies and feeling great outside.  Soak it up if you can folks!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was lovely down the coast at St Abbs, coming home past Duns it hit 28c

• Like 6

Posted

Back to haymaking today after four week break currently sunny,sea breeze and 22c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Hit about 28c here today, car was saying 30c (which was incorrect) but rather impressive for so late on.

Heat feels far less intense than late June/July. I also like how in the mornings and at night it does cool down a decent bit

• Like 3

Posted

Nothing to do with the weather.... as an import from south of the border i have spent the last few hours hiding behind the sofa watching the cricket. wow oh wow what a game. what a player Ben Stokes is. i was more nervous than watching a beast from the east tick down to t24 see i got weather in there some how. think i might need a drink and a lay down...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Roasting hot today with barely a breeze - max here of 27c which is pretty incredible.

61D99F34-1D19-4EBB-801C-6DEA4B5E426B.thumb.png.f1f324c3f65bb76bd71f108999823b29.png

22c currently and clear blue sky! Amazing late Summer day! 

Went a wee local walk - bit of a sweat on pushing a pram about for hours!

042734C1-73A2-4B30-9BD1-0222CAD659E7.thumb.jpeg.6382dfd6a10564067340d266bc42c9be.jpeg

432E61E0-2AAE-4424-9344-09B3FF1FF79F.thumb.jpeg.2db657ee51d1d3ed2dad31cb32a3d6c3.jpeg

C8E4F71C-EF8F-4BB8-A83E-F43230E7B9DF.thumb.jpeg.a46df9a960c18519854fea389895c2f3.jpeg

EEAD3FA7-0A55-44B3-AEC9-BC831AB12A1D.thumb.jpeg.1d411220fdec007d310ba4ecb1fb0aaa.jpeg

Brilliant weekend and exceptional weather! (Tomorrow looks great as well)

I have absolutely loved this Summer! 

Have a good week ahead everyone! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 6

Posted

Sorry if my English side has offended anybody in here the past couple of days. i do love living in Scotland but when it comes down to sport im English.. unless Andy Murray is playing then i'm British... lol... it has been an amazing few months to be an English cricket fan. and on that note i shall crawl back in to my hole until winter arrives and we all get to laugh at those south of the border when the snaw is falling.

• Like 5

Posted

They are a lovely lot in here bigsnow, never seen them being nasty. Even to the English.   xx

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Don't hibernate, no-one is bothered where you're from although we will laugh if we manage to beat England at any sport ever...IF!!

its happened before, and i can take the banter when its dished out..

• Like 1

Posted

If we ever manage to beat ANYBODY at sport ever

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Sorry if my English side has offended anybody in here the past couple of days. i do love living in Scotland but when it comes down to sport im English.. unless Andy Murray is playing then i'm British... lol... it has been an amazing few months to be an English cricket fan. and on that note i shall crawl back in to my hole until winter arrives and we all get to laugh at those south of the border when the snaw is falling.

Actually, bigsnow, I am a fan of cricket. I like the game and it is not unknown in Scotland.

Despite England's lows - it was an exceptional win. And I am trying to be quite impartial here.:oldsmile:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It got up to 25/26C here and hardly a cloud in the sky, which is better than yesterday (which was cloudy but still comfortably warm). I've actually had to water the flower borders in the garden as a few plants were showing the effects of a lack of water. The soil is quite free draining, on a slope too, but we've really not had much rain recently and I'd welcome a good soaking for the garden. 

As for cricket, it's just a slower and duller variation on baseball, which is itself slow and incredibly dull. (lights blue touch paper and retires... ) 

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like that's coming for us now. Yesterday was weird - bright sun here but as soon as we hit the A1 coast road the fog rolled in from the Forth and temp dropped to 15c. Then once we turned south and got past Cockburnspath it brightened up again.

• Like 4