Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sort of warm and dull in Hull this afternoon. Just heading out into the Humber and looking forward to a few days of warmth courtesy of the Low Countries and Denmark. Could be a last blast of summer for me.... 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Summer returns!

Great! Perfect timing for my trip to Loch Fyne on Saturday and Sunday  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Did someone mention Summer returning!?  Yaaaaassss! Honestly I have been getting drenched for about five days now so that is a welcome relief!

Unfortunately more of the same tomorrow and Thursday here with a strong wind just to p.i.s.s me off even more!

33860141-4013-40C4-BEB8-000770A0D23E.thumb.png.63eb67bae8a3d6dafea37dc365d884cd.png95468A1B-C15F-4BB9-9738-15285E879134.thumb.png.77bcaa303f97fb8ea3819cbf5962228f.png

Weekend now looks pretty good as discussed already - warm temperatures and sunshine is what I have been craving! 

Summer is slipping away here - sunsets will be out of view from my window within a couple of weeks!

Great one last night. 

91D58E3F-660A-4769-9701-983CBFDE9727.thumb.jpeg.0b3de9865a58880e26257aa0f409eb75.jpeg

Bring on the weekend! ☀️ 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Sunday could be a day to watch for possible thunderstorms with pressure trying to lower and a plume of sorts moving up from the s / sw nmm-28-103-0.thumb.png.29b72d9ed8ca69ae37a860d99ff5b005.png  nmm-6-103-0.thumb.png.98687f07979b44bfb5255818e40fcde3.png nmm-2-103-0.thumb.png.65d67d00091bbfd287db9123b6d150c2.png  

sunny day here so far, but the radar doesn't look good out west.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Quite warm weather incoming for the weekend and perhaps beyond. Hopefully for here not too much of an Easterly or SE influence. Just a little rain here this afternoon and feeling quite mild though the current temp is down to 15C.

Noticed the annual snow survey of mountain snow patches has been published. Only 8 left in total with 4 on Nevis likely to melt in the next couple of weeks. This would leave 3 on Braeriach with one there also likely to go soon and one on Aonach Beag. If all the snow on Braeriach melts this would mean 3 years in a row which is the same number as in the whole of the last century.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Proper rank rotten day - started off with a bit of sun but went quickly downhill just after 13:00.

Heavy rain and wind gusting to 35/40mph - like a late September day!

Last of it cleared through just after 20:00. (Rain shaft to the East and sun/clear sky to the West)

EC89C0A9-36C3-412F-AC8C-00E0B40FDFC0.thumb.jpeg.1982f30adcd7e0a613fbaa47be6bee9f.jpeg

Sunday looks the best day for warmth/sunshine here in the West and I wouldn’t mind a wee thunderstorm at some point @Kirkcaldy Weather 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted

Harvest finished for 2019 after what has been a very challanging summer. Very breezy but mostly cloudy day  helped to dry up the crop and the straw to get the last field and start baling the straw.013.thumb.JPG.d82380e962e6e9dde13d6a2ade0d5e79.JPG009.thumb.JPG.93286979c66ec195a4a4a16820ec5918.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Nice morning here and feeling mild with. Max of 19.5C. Still a few patches of blue sky to the East but cloud building to the West.

B680D9C7-7468-4D19-ADD6-DBBDA55C0615.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Very windy with plenty of sunshine and  a few passing drizzle showers in the morning.Fabulous drying day so in the afternoon we finished baling the straw  (rows of straw being blown about in the wind ) and even baled some late hay. Best hay drying day of the summer in fact. So grain/straw harvest secured.Really felt like a traditional harvest day in September.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all

This has turned into a very decent upcoming warm spell! Looking at 25c in parts of Scotland or maybe a degree or two higher - Glasgow, Edinburgh and @CatchMyDrift especially down there! (Just to name a few places - many of us will be basking in warmth)

AE4FA117-A97F-4EDB-8824-10D9E1D23C85.thumb.png.09c48f2f18c5e2f039d3c26b4d41ffb1.pngECB066B8-2CB0-4ACF-BADD-41E72AF3A842.thumb.png.0e142c8b348c1a6e6413b00b045dbbc8.png

017A3400-7D5A-463D-9DEF-B6F94EF25120.thumb.png.7e578397f460271d2fb21d3ed84c111c.png1AC11C48-DF28-4ADC-9CD3-1DDCCD239317.thumb.png.45a4824be4e8ca09fe78a08f1bd4ad43.png

Really looking forward to it after a very wet and windy couple of days here!

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy the late Summer warmth/sunshine! ☀️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

elbe.thumb.jpg.ae31c2fe6dcc97fb1a3ca86df10b0cd8.jpg

Battling against technology a bit now but here goes...

Boy is it flat out here! Not been above about 10m since Tuesday until last night, often below sea level (Holland, NW German, Denmark) and yes, they are worried. Some land will be lost, often some of the best agricultural land.

Wednesday I went from Rotterdam to Schleswig, nice little coastal town called Busum that is nothing like Nairn apart from being made of bricks - it was warm and sunny all that day with just enough wind to keep most of the huge numbers of wind turbines spinning.  Came across the Elbe on a small and very busy ferry - photo wants to insert at top.

Yesterday started warm again as I came up the west coast of Denmark but turned cloudy and steadily to heavy rain by late afternoon.  Excellent curry in Holstebro!

Lots of permanent pasture with trees for shade and shelter in Germany and southern Denmark, more sheep in north Denmark; maize common everywhere I've been (including an amazing maize maze) and other cereals already harvested. No shortage of cauliflowers here.

Trump and Johnson are figures of utmost ridicule. Less driving from now on, hopefully more sky pictures.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
9 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Very windy with plenty of sunshine and  a few passing drizzle showers in the morning.Fabulous drying day so in the afternoon we finished baling the straw  (rows of straw being blown about in the wind ) and even baled some late hay. Best hay drying day of the summer in fact. So grain/straw harvest secured.Really felt like a traditional harvest day in September.

Glad you got there in the end NL, it sounds you need strong nerves to be a farmer!  I never realised

• Like 1

Posted

Hazy sunshine, light winds and 22c.  Cannot quibble at that for this time of year 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

looking at a house on the Edradynate Estate in highland Perthshire on Monday. after researching the area the estate seems to be 200m asl so all being well i think that will do for the big snow family..

• Like 4

Posted

Last week’s weather was quite forgettable in Wester Ross. Took this pic en route to Ullapool on the one warmish, almost T-shirt day!

914416830_Stac2.thumb.jpg.8b45f10c4fee3e171c0f001bcd672c4b.jpg

Stac Pollaidh

Back home it is currently cloudy, still, and a temp of 16C.

I have missed my annual dose of France this year.:oldsad:

• Like 5

Posted

Took this picture today anybody know what type of butterfly this is??

20190823_142314.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
4 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Took this picture today anybody know what type of butterfly this is??

20190823_142314.jpg

Peacock butterfly https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aglais_io

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, bigsnow said:

looking at a house on the Edradynate Estate in highland Perthshire on Monday. after researching the area the estate seems to be 200m asl so all being well i think that will do for the big snow family..

Only downside is that this may face South so snow melts more quickly than on the opposite side of the valley. Only really a problem if you like  hard ice after snow has been lying a while. Good for snow from East and West and also from breakdown and frontal events but a bit sheltered (not totally) from the North/North West.

Up in Perthshire myself today in Polar Gael's area. Beautiful day there though not full sunshine. Car showed 22C. Had forgotten how wide the valley is at Comrie and how it is almost wholly surrounded by beautiful hills in almost a bowl shape as seen from Cultybraggan. Should have taken my camera.

Even my wife, a town/city girl might be persuaded to retire up there. Any bungalows for sale there at a decent price?. @Polar Gael

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3

Posted

so @Norrance you must have been near to me at the same time probably drove past my front door. you could have popped in for a brew and a chin wag.

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

it was so beautiful to watch it land on my window box i just had to get a picture of it...

• Like 2

Posted
52 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

so @Norrance you must have been near to me at the same time probably drove past my front door. you could have popped in for a brew and a chin wag.

Drove through Crieff on the way up but came back a different route. If you are near the main road I must have passed close by right enough.

ps. If you are up the hill a bit at Edradynate you may be facing East rather than South

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

'm tempted to say it's a final blast of summer for some of us but I suspect we'll still be getting hot spells in October:

... And in December... And in February... 

• Like 4