Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
On 14/08/2019 at 21:17, Hairy Celt said:

How's the webbed feet and swim bladder evolution coming along?

Sorry for the late response, but I've been busy appeasing our new dolphin overlords.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Lightning detected further south of me, heavy downpour passing through  

• Like 2

Posted

I'm in killie at the moment, can hear the thunder from the storm over towards Ayr heading this wayish.

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted

Literally constant thunder rolling off that cell... I've got a good view of it but haven't seen any lightning and the worst is probably just going to slide past here. 

• Like 4

Posted

Good storm by UK standards, frequent thunder and lightning and pretty photogenic! 

20190817_173324.jpg

20190817_173417.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Constant thunder just south of me 37208CC1-DA7B-4D89-80B9-5FFD2C281B06.thumb.jpeg.b2b7c6b57aae9c0679a594e068c818dd.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

After a reasonably agreeable, if showery morning/early afternoon in W Ross, it’s now blowing a hoolie with driving rain. The trek around Gruinard Bay at low tide was quite…..refreshing!

GBay.thumb.jpg.25070062759947e02c57a3aba76a44e8.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

The edge of that very large shower on radar just passing to the east (very dark skies in that direction) yet sunny overhead

• Like 2

Posted

Commenting on here outside of winter is out of character for me but I just had to stop my car dead in the middle of the road in a residential street as I couldn’t see a foot in front due to hail. I’ve been through two hurricanes in Florida and various thunderstorms over there and this was honestly the worst I’ve seen. What’s going on?

• Like 6

Posted

Some rain overnight so thought very unlikely to get combining but a day of sunshine and strong wind allowed us  to start late in the afternoon and complete a small field. So harvest 19  has started twelve days later than last year..Hope it stays dry overnight to get some more tomorrow as barley is now very ripe and fragile after all the wind and thunderstorms it has suffered.

• Like 9

Posted

Not too bad yesterday. Warm in the sun but a bit of a breeze.  One heavy shower moved through after lunch and gave a few rumbles of thunder as it moved away.

• Like 2

Posted

After a dry night we managed to start combining again in sun and wind but with one eye across the Firth watching the black rain clouds.010.thumb.JPG.8c885ac774871049eac3c1f219931622.JPGManaged to stay dry till 4.00pm and completed another two fields.009.thumb.JPG.c100054646b5a485526b35549ed6a661.JPG014.thumb.JPG.aa4ffa1aa215b1881a805e593ce1fe93.JPG

• Like 8

Posted

Awful holiday weather today in Wester Ross - leaden skies, rain, a stiff breeze and a temp of 12.5C.:oldsad:

That aside, it has been interesting to note the high number of non-UK registered vehicles touring the area. Suppose many are taking advantage of the pound/euro exchange rate (verging on parity) and hassle free european travel (which perhaps will be a thing of the past).:wallbash:

• Like 6

Posted

Not a bad day here.  Feeling warmish in the sun although some large shower clouds visible to the west.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
44 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Here's most of us at some point in winter:

596914591_Screenshot_20190820-084453_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9f9be31e1c0c2221fbbdc1c175cc7508.jpg

That will be me at some point i can see it coming even now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

2 days in a row where it looked like it would be dry but the showers have developed here, still decent enough days in between the showers, looks a bit wet and windy as we go through tomorrow.

4 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Sometimes it's best not to look at the radar although that's easier said than done. Like any addiction it'll gnaw away at your soul unless you feed it. The eternal problem is that no black hole can ever be filled no matter how much you feed it. So even if we already have six feet of snow and the radar has an incoming red blob twice the size of South America less than a mile away from our house we'll still be checking the radar just in case something happens.

The worst thing here is seeing the showers move in then being stuck with the green on the radar aka sleety p*sh and about half a mile inland has the snowy pinks  and I very much agree with your point even in 2010 after all the snow we had already got I am sure the majority of us were still radar / lamppost watching to see if any more was coming. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

One big flash and a loud bang around about 3pm heavy rain for 15 mins and nothing else..

• Like 3