Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted

Nice enough day.  Max of 16c with quite a bit of sunshine as well as a few brief, but potent, showers.

Light winds throughout.

Was quite taken by the beauty of this shower cloud over to the east this evening.

Panorama.thumb.jpg.a790e7ac8b9c7678f3cd2ae9e598734a.jpg

Normal.thumb.jpg.e2e0f78ae10af2e137a6ce287b1a0a31.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

That rain in Ireland's looking quite punchy..................wonder if it could maintain it's oomph

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, NUT said:

That rain in Ireland's looking quite punchy..................wonder if it could maintain it's oomph

Looking like it has.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
50 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Looking like it has.

How's the webbed feet and swim bladder evolution coming along?

• Like 2

Posted

Not liking tomorrows forecast. For about the 4th year in a row the worst weather of the week will be the day I'm pitching a tent! 

• Like 1

Posted

Hola

Just home from hols in Bilbao. 20-28°C and showery rain every day, but sunshine too. Perfect for me. Speaking of rain, has there been much while I've been away?!! :ninja::whistling:

IMG_20190810_135450.jpg

IMG_20190812_120930.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
45 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Hola

Just home from hols in Bilbao. 20-28°C and showery rain every day, but sunshine too. Perfect for me. Speaking of rain, has there been much while I've been away?!! :ninja::whistling:

IMG_20190810_135450.jpg

IMG_20190812_120930.jpg

Don"t ask that question in the middle of a bunch of farmers as you"ll get lynched. Just look at the pictures of flattened wheat in East Lothian on line.However we have just had two dry days in a row so we managed to wrap up another 170 round bales of dry grass. Yields are at an all time high and we  have enough for almost two winters now.

Grass yields are at an all time high this summer with ideal rain, heat, humidity and in my opinion high CO2 concentrations leading to excessive growth.

Hoping forecast is right for weekend to allow harvest to start as barley severely brackled(broken over) and needs to be rescued now. Currently sunny, moderate west wind and 16c

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Not liking tomorrows forecast. For about the 4th year in a row the worst weather of the week will be the day I'm pitching a tent! 

giphy.gif  

decent day here with just a few clouds and a breeze from the west, better make the most of it before it starts to go downhill tomorrow and the weekend with bands of rain and showers and especially on Sunday some strong winds.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

She's lovely but I swear I married a reptile when she asks for fire stuff in August:

20190815_190013.thumb.jpg.1a112cb9c85d3540bb1ccd26cd7ab3c7.jpg

A reptile that encouraged you to burn beech, to boot. (Always wanted to use that little phrase.)

It's been a pleasant day up here for a change, as was yesterday(ish) - up to 18C according to the car and plenty of sunshine.  

• Like 1

Posted

Well high summer is over here as the swifts left yesterday after a fairly good breeding season with just four pairs arriving in the house and around 24 leaving.

With the Nairn games on Saturday winter arrives on Sunday according to some of the locals a saying I have heard many times over the years. With  the schools going back next week it just adds to the feeling that autumn is on its way..

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely late summer day.

Max of 17c with plenty of sunshine, though got a bit breezy in the early afternoon before winds fell light in the evening.

Nice sunset to round the day off. 

Continuing the ornithological theme, plenty of House Martins soaring above the fields this evening - they also seem to have had a good breeding season after a poor start (plenty of nests from last year were not reoccupied).  Strangely, Swallows and Swifts are pretty uncommon in the immediate area round here.

sunset.thumb.jpg.b146232049b772261fafcae2e5e80fa2.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It was just a little beech I found at the side of the road, picked it up and bundled it in the boot. Took it home, cut it up. 

This is wrong

There'll be a knock at the door soon :oldlaugh:

Supposed to be raining this morning but unless my eyes are lying, the ground is dry.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

That wood be my luck, tree police officers turning up to arrest me for crimes against comedy.

It's supposed to be raining here but it's more damp than wet:

20190816_082853.thumb.jpg.54d0484d62d8608ae652c474d41a43ac.jpg

There'll be more than tree of them... unless they're Irish! :hi:

• Like 3

Posted

Really not been too bad here this morning. Bit of light rain early on and it's breezy but been dry for a while and it's slowly brightening up. Hopefully clear through the borders early afternoon so I can get my tent pitched dry! Fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Where are you pitching your tent? Just being nosy now

Somewhere to keep an eye on your illicit arboriculture. Bring back the birch!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Anybody in here know much about a village called Tarbrax? all i know is its 300m asl. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

Anybody in here know much about a village called Tarbrax? all i know is its 300m asl. 

Looks kind of er quaint? end of the road? might be haunted? distant banjos?

(with apologies to any Tarbraxers)

And what happened to today's deluge? We got one very short, light showers. Nice and warm and was sunny mostly.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Just now, Hairy Celt said:

Looks kind of er quaint? end of the road? might be haunted? distant banjos?

(with apologies to any Tarbraxers)

And what happened to today's deluge? We got one very short, light showers. Nice and warm and was sunny mostly.

Its all fallen in Crieff. i like end of the road and haunted is fine as im looking at the converted church. my eldest son can play banjo so could be a good fit..

• Like 3

Posted

Not the brightest of afternoons to take Finn to his first beach - Nith estuary at Carsethorn. Stopped raining around 13.30 though, so dry.

IMG_20190816_143542.jpg

IMG_20190816_145050.jpg

Drive home through Moffat and over the Beef Tubs damp and then sunshine in glorious Upper Tweeddale 

• Like 6

Posted

INTENSE rainfall with gutters overflowing and gusty winds here (cell did have lightning before it moved into Fife but none since) 

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 2

Posted

"MDT / ENH / SLGT risks have been issued for SE Iceland into the N Atlantic, NW Ireland, Northern Ireland and W Scotland threat for severe to extremely severe non-convective winds with gusts in excess of 100-120 km/h locally. Windstorm is associated with the deep cyclone moving towards NE just north of UK. Peak gusts in excess of 120 km/h are expected to remain over the open waters of N Atlantic."

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 2

Posted

The rain has just arrived and it's monsoon in nature (enough to get the kids to wake up and wonder what is going on).

Gutters are overflowing and its balmy (14c), but alas no thunder and lightening.

• Like 2