Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
4 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

There was a young headless one washed up a couple of years ago - apparently this is what some fishermen do when they get stuck in the nets. Miserable turds.

Oh that’s horrible, poor thing!

Some young neds go fishing during the summer at Loch Long and leave a terrible mess behind. Today there was empty bottles of beer, food waste, fishing hooks and fishing line lying at the side of the rocks where I usually fish. It’s such a shame because it’s a really nice area. I wish they had cameras or someone patrolling the area to stop them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
17 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

God I thought I was the doom merchant, reading today's posts I have competition!

@Stormeh - we were walking back along the beach just now and there was a seal more than keeping pace with us, popping his/her head up occasionally to check we were still playing.  There was a young headless one washed up a couple of years ago - apparently this is what some fishermen do when they get stuck in the nets. Miserable turds.

Did they find the bams that put the dredger through Loch Carron to make it easier to catch the shell fish?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
10 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Did they find the bams that put the dredger through Loch Carron to make it easier to catch the shell fish?

Dunno. Can't see anyone getting prosecuted though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Better sunny day today  

• Like 3

Posted

Shower out to the west IMG_20190812_175601.thumb.jpg.ac200be8807651c6e5ea91d96ccfad8d.jpg

And some rumbles of thunder I caught during Saturday's storm (apologies for the messy window, due to the easterly wind and rain I didn't have time to clean it) 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well the property we were looking at didnt work out but we are looking at another tomorrow its in the middle of a triangle of torphins, lumphanan and kincardine o'neil 199.5m asl so fingers and toes crossed. weather wise a mainly bright day here until we stepped outside with the kids to go to the park and the heavens opened.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Shower out to the west IMG_20190812_175601.thumb.jpg.ac200be8807651c6e5ea91d96ccfad8d.jpg

And some rumbles of thunder I caught during Saturday's storm (apologies for the messy window, due to the easterly wind and rain I didn't have time to clean it) 

I can only give you a 9.5 im afraid. would have been a 10 but for the window...

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

I can only give you a 9.5 im afraid. would have been a 10 but for the window...

:oops: :oldlaugh: preferred it being covered in snow when we had the Beast From The East DSC_0044.thumb.JPG.b32f08986b8d4491ed0b7eed56a7e011.JPG  ing for more of the same this winter, charts like this at +0h archives-2018-2-28-0-0.thumb.png.6b4c5128a2694aa69abd910c53eef439.png archives-2018-2-28-0-1.thumb.png.5038d2cfe6ff269bf83fb7d5aaa7f593.png archives-2018-2-28-12-0.thumb.png.6d85ea48613dae973c6b18c99c03bf9b.png archives-2018-2-28-12-1.thumb.png.07a52bb452f6bd167765a3334099cae8.png :spiteful:

• Like 2

Posted

Looking NE out my window towards North Lanarkshire and can see this huge Cumulonimbus. Went to other side of the house after seeing the photos above and it’s dark skies with the cloud tops towering overhead. Surprised when I seen that. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Looking NE out my window towards North Lanarkshire and can see this huge Cumulonimbus. Went to other side of the house after seeing the photos above and it’s dark skies with the cloud tops towering overhead. Surprised when I seen that. 

Huge Cumulonimbus?? you might want to see a doctor about that..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

A few meaty showers around Scotland just now but nothing electrical showing on the radar.

Had quite a few pass through here - last one was half an hour ago. 

09B267EB-6DC9-4CFD-9A63-BF355CDB1FD6.thumb.jpeg.c75782407c35f9e28c63e8ae2dd71491.jpeg

It’s all a bit boring after the exceptional spell many of us have had for the past couple of weeks with regards to warmth, sunshine and thunderstorms/convection.

I shall return when there is another hot spell, thunderstorms risk, lovely sunset or snowfall!

All the best everyone - it has been glorious seeing all the pictures from many parts of Scotland and reading the posts/reports over the Summer so far.

Best thread on Netweather all year round!

Cheers!

• Like 6

Posted

@Mr Frost thank you for your brilliant pictures and updates so far this summer.. you always seem to be able to put a positive spin on things even when its crap. look forward to seeing you back in here for winter i get the feeling its gonna be epic...

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

@Kirkcaldy Weather i wont need no beast from the east if i get my house move sorted..☃️

200m? Hmm. Closer to the sea too, and further south. Scraping the barrel there, I'd hold out for something a bit less shaky.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

200m? Hmm. Closer to the sea too, and further south. Scraping the barrel there, I'd hold out for something a bit less shaky.

❄️☃️ if i pull this move off im sure i will be just fine.. may even rent out garden space for snaw chasers in the winter..

• Like 2

Posted

Nice day here until some heavy rain this evening. Showers really, didn't last.

Spotted a couple of these chaps on some grassy bits near the beach this afternoon, small coppers 165181248_smallcopper2.thumb.jpg.c7b9ae381e9064105a27ac03b804cc72.jpg

and this monster was nearby - anyone know what this is?  fungus.thumb.jpg.3115bbd59aa57146da502d913934d4f9.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
23 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

and this monster was nearby - anyone know what this is?  fungus.thumb.jpg.3115bbd59aa57146da502d913934d4f9.jpg

looking at this my guess would be lepiota & macrolepiota visualkey_p1.thumb.jpg.d2fc8ea4db656b72fa72a9818fe78c48.jpghttp://highlandholidaycottages.blogspot.com/2007/08/wild-mushroom-id-chart.html https://www.pinterest.com/pin/23151385555163604 

• Like 4

Posted

Have arrived in Aboyne took the scenic route over glenshee etc.. beautiful just beautiful..

• Like 4

Posted
17 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Nice day here until some heavy rain this evening. Showers really, didn't last.

It's a right hand... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Sooo is this a bad time to confess who caused all this? MY HUSBAND. 

He bought a convertible!!

Voodoo kits supplied on request, just let me know.

• Like 3

Posted
44 minutes ago, mardatha said:

I'll take one. Never met the guy but he deserves everything he gets

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

Dont let him buy snaw boots or gloves..

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Dont let him buy snaw boots or gloves..

She's told us before that he hates snow so we're probably safe.

Another flutterbye from last month, a large heath.  2106748417_largeheath.thumb.jpg.8531503fa01d07fec25ffee4c9ba322c.jpg  This was a sunny day but I've seen these flying on dull, damp and windy days, out on the bogs in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 9