Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

shuggee

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Some parts of Glasgow remained dry all day. West of Pollok Park dry all day yet other side of the park you had flooding.. Even smelt BBQs earlier on in SW Glasgow as there was nice evening sunshine and heat with it too.. To be a lot cooler tomorrow and into next week.. I dare say any good temps won’t be returning till next year..

Storm was north of EK , seemed to head East . Weather has been in a strange rut . Walking to work has been Russian Roulette with the rain at 5 to 6pm .  Plus the humidity , back of my head sweats .

• Like 2

Posted

A not unpleasant morning here. It's dull but bright and we seem to be avoiding the rain so far.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Pouring it down again, I was planning on going fishing later if the rain clears the west coast this afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I wonder if the tatties are going to need watered this year? The sprinklers were used full tilt last year but not at all so far this year.

Highly unlikely but given all the rain and humidity the biggest problem is blight just because the farmers have not been able to spray them enough to keep it at bay.They are already burning them down and chopping the tops in my area leaving huge tracks as they do it.Very wet and 10c here

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Good Morning all!

It’s bleak out there! 14c, chilly NNW wind and raining...sounds more like our normal Scottish Summer in August.

Baby seagulls are enjoying it.

C33E38C3-531C-49E5-ADC5-9AC9DBC56C0F.thumb.jpeg.a6432c74746b9ca0e4896d72c134a62e.jpeg

Does not look as though any heat/thunderstorms will be returning in the short to medium term but some usable days of sunshine/showers and temperatures around 16/17c for the week ahead.

Not the best outlook but I really can’t complain after the Summer so far.

Enjoy yer Sunday!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all.

Complete opposite of what I expected to wake up to this morning, as it is  dry, cloudy and calm.   Fife appears to be  'in the eye'   of this rotation?  Was up at five a.m. and looking at the radar,  nothing has moved.  A very red sky at that time though.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Fantastic pictures posted yesterday the cloud formations were incredible I've never seen the likes, sadly all the action was located about thirty miles away to the south, still we got to see a few flashes and heard lots of thunder...way better than the last few days.

• Like 3

Posted

I'm surprised that we've not seen an Amber warning for rain yet, particularly today given the persistent heavy rain on top of all the recent flooding. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

2 Flashes and 2 loud bangs yesterday and that was it. and today im in no mans land. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

This rain is pretty bad here. Doesn't look is moving very far according to the radar.

Rainfall totals are going to be ridiculous for this month if it keeps on like this.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well we are out of the dry spot now as we have steady moderate rain.   Radar now looks to be filling up for these parts.

• Like 3

Posted

Not heavy rain by any stretch of the imagination but is persistent although took a while to get going. Really is a dreary afternoon though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

found that on twitter.

Non stop rain today ?️ ☔

• Like 7

Posted

Grey day, a little bit of light rain this morning but just cloudy now.  Feeling a lot cooler than recently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

I mean the weather is interesting and stuff, but I've started to yearn for September already. September is usually nice, right?

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Been constant moderately heavy rain here since this morning, occasionally easing to lighter rain but never going off.The gardens starting to look a bit puddley.On a positive note this is the least humid it's felt in a while and the coolest it's been in about 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

The fact that its cooling off is a real relief for malting barley crops as any pregermination of the ripe grain means the grain is rejected outright and its value severely reduced.Brief dry period early afternoon but now light rain and cool at 11c. Really do need to see a good September to rescue this summer on the farm.

Note its just above freezing on the summit of Cairngorm currently.

• Like 5

Posted

Last year September was rubbish. August was the same after a great May, June and July last year.. August is never a good month for weather. I do not remember a good proper sunshine and dry spell in August over the years. Apart from 2003 and a few years throughout the 90s August is generally a poor month in Scotland with constant Low Pressure moving through with Frontal Rain or Showers. It is ideal (best) time to jet off the sunshine as it still summer elsewhere. The light nights also gone by August and usually far too many trees turning autumnal some are diseased but others aren’t and it’s due to the poor weather.. Just hope High Pressure can make some impact during September.

• Like 2

Posted

A dreary day with lots of low cloud, and since 4pm continual light rain.

Winds light but the real change is the temperature with the lowest maximum seen for over a month at a chilly feeling 14c.

Overall though its been quite a memorable period of weather in the past month thanks to the warm temperatures.  Also memorable here for having thunderstorms warnings for about a week - resulting in not a single lightening strike/rumble of thunder.  Fickle weather....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Never stopped here all day, constant since about about 5.30 this morning and still going.

• Like 3

Posted

At least 14 hours of incessant, non-stop rain falling on sodden ground. A lot of surface water flooding on the roads with watercourses widely bursting their banks.

Reports that both the Kilmarnock Water and River Irvine have burst their banks in Kilmarnock. Retail Park at Queens Drive apparently flooded from the river. Lots of roads closed in and around Kilmarnock.

Hopefully this coming week will be reasonably dry as I have a week off work.

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I decided to go fishing up at Arrochar, Loch Long. The rain stopped not long after I arrived and it was nice calm evening. Mr seal paid me a visit and was trying to steal my mackerel 

C061B982-3DEB-422A-BC1C-B19FD60215DA.thumb.jpeg.3c07f8e0104de0329a4967cbeffcfd61.jpeg

33DCB8EB-211C-4C15-9CE6-23178453D22B.thumb.jpeg.3eaad7b672d37e11a561a3b346a5f034.jpeg

C6064805-A7DF-4417-95CC-AD158B4DF1EC.thumb.jpeg.5063feef6ece77a7cce4282402918128.jpeg

B7D7A297-E3BA-4787-8C8E-E884184E8F76.thumb.jpeg.762c0e87d842ba9259449972a7c5b29f.jpeg

DD38F1BB-AD76-4FBB-952C-05E91F7B00D2.thumb.jpeg.c2a9e096ac1da8d47325582102cd6509.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

God I thought I was the doom merchant, reading today's posts I have competition!

@Stormeh - we were walking back along the beach just now and there was a seal more than keeping pace with us, popping his/her head up occasionally to check we were still playing.  There was a young headless one washed up a couple of years ago - apparently this is what some fishermen do when they get stuck in the nets. Miserable turds.

• Like 3